[FE9] Core's FE9 Draft

Deliriyum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She won't be doing much in 9, and 3 levels in 3 chapters is hard when your combat sucks. (That is, of course, assuming we don't stealth 10 because of bexp restrictions). I don't even think 3 levels is good enough considering that Jill is better at the same level as Marcia because of better durability and atk.

You must not have played in a draft before. Marcia will catch up to Jill's level and surpass, of that I can assure you. Don't forget that she still gets 50/100 experience in every base session after her first. And then there's Ravens that give a lot of experience. 50 experience per chapter instead of 100 or more is because gaining experience in this game really is just that easy.

Yeah but she can't kill ravens because she has not got a lot of bexp. Though, I did forget the 50 bexp per chapter.

Yes I have played in a draft before. I was in a draft with reyson-Mordecai-Marcia.

Edited by kirsche

Yeah but she can't kill ravens because she has 0 bexp.

How the hell does Marcia have 0 BEXP when it comes time to kill Ravens?

Yes I have played in a draft before. I was in a draft with reyson-Mordecai-Marcia.

What did the BEXP limitations look like? When I played in the first Tellius Draft the limitations were much like this with the 50 exp per base session. I had Marcia and she had no problems leveling. She was frail at first but it didn't take long to grow out of that. By the time Jill came she was especially well off.

EDIT: For reference, my Marcia was level 13 by the end of Ch 12.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I see many problems. The first is that I think Kieran gets too many levels. Oscar will get to chapter 11 and will probably be at a lower level than 15 with just 3 levels from bexp. I know Oscar has earlier in the game to contribute, but Titania roflstomps most of it and with Kieran's already superior offence

The goal of the BEXP limits isn't to make everyone have equal levels. It's solely to prevent people from BEXPing a character to promotion right at join time with the absurd amount you get in the game. Kieran comes with a level lead, and there's no reason he shouldn't keep it. That being said, he doesn't need 3 levels. 14 should be fine for him.

Also, marcia is now hopelessly lost against Jill. From bexp alone, Marcia can get to level 8. Jill can get to level 11. That means Marcia must get 3 levels just to be at the same level as Jill, and without the bexp, her combat most certainly isn't stellar. So now Jill just blows everyone away.

You're missing the point. Marcia has 3 chapters of availability of Jill, effectively 4 when you include chapter 12 (Jill does nothing useful here) where she can save quite a bit of turns. It's not about equal levels, it's about the character's performances against the enemies they face. Jill starts at a higher level and joins later than Marcia, so that's why she gets to a higher level with BEXP (notice how they get the same amount).

Also, Boyd might end up a little underlevelled

This is complete and utter bullshit.

and Lethe's combat may never be able to be sustained at all.

She ORKO's when she joins, she has 9 move, can shove female mounted units, and she can get 50 EXP in each base, keeping her combat up to par. She's fine.

Let alone Janaff and Ulki, who will definitely become unusable.

I can't speak for Ulki (being a late transformer hurts), but Janaff still has good combat, flies and has decent join time.

As for Core's suggested 'fixes':

Marcia does not need more BEXP. Red Fox is right when she says Marcia will be fine with only 2.XX.

Devdan should not be getting 5 levels. He joins prepromoted in Chapter 16, has decent bases and can use the Knight Ward to raise his Speed for christ's sake.

Calill starts at level 8, so fix that to say +0.

I don't think Elincia should get 9 levels. Availability aside, she's still a flying Rescue/Physic user. Honestly, she doesn't need BEXP to perform.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Chapter Character 	BEXP
8   	Ike 					+0.X
       Boyd            +0.X
       Oscar   				+1.X
       Rhys            +4.X
       Soren   				+3.X
       Mia 					+3.X

9   	Ilyana          +3.X
       Mist            7/-
       Rolf            8/-

10      Lethe   				+0
       Mordecai        +0
       Marcia          +2.X
       Volke   				12/-

11      Kieran          14/-
       Brom            13/-
       Nephenee        12/-

12      Zihark      	+2.X
       Sothe   				9/-

13      Jill            +2.X

14      Astrid          +6.X
       Gatrie          +2.X

15      Makalov 				+5.X

16      Muarim          +0
       Tormod          14/-
       Stefan          +0

17      Danved          +2.X

18      Tanith          +0
       Janaff          11/-
       Ulki        	10/-
       Reyson          +0

19      Shinon          -/8
       Calill      	+0

22      Tauroneo        +1.X

23      Ranulf          -/10

24      Haar            +1.X

25      Lucia   				+2.X
       Bastian 				+2.X
       Geoffrey        -/13
       Largo   				-/11

26      Elincia 				-/9

28      Ena 					14/-

How about this, then?

Edited by Core

Not sure why Zihark's BEXP was raised. He should be +2.XX anyway since he can get EXP in his starting chapter.

Devdan is still too high. +2.XX should be good.

Calill still isn't fixed.

I honestly don't know or care what to do with Elincia, but --/9 still sounds too high.

Not sure why Zihark's BEXP was raised. He should be +2.XX anyway since he can get EXP in his starting chapter.

Devdan is still too high. +2.XX should be good.

Calill still isn't fixed.

I honestly don't know or care what to do with Elincia, but --/9 still sounds too high.

OK

OK

What is wrong with Calill?

I am happy with it

Edited by Core