The Resistance 2

Tables

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thanks! I'll read this when it isn't past midnight. I want to see WTF is going on when I'm more awake.

From zak's plan of gaining info, you should be voting No. This is a very critical mission, because if we can send a Spy-free team, we will have no chance of losing. The Spies will try their best to ruin this mission, which makes this the best opportunity to gain information from failed proposals.

Because he voted yes to a mission.

I don't see how that's scummy for Mission 1. As I pointed out before, the Spies have very good reasons not to sabotage Mission 1, even if they get the chance to. Note that this was Reinfleche admitted to following this reasoning to vote Yes.

Oh hey, the intro says:

The resistance should by default vote no to a mission unless they're reasonably confident in it.

I don't see enough info from the first mission. Time to send in orders~!

. . .uh, I think I'm missing a PM. . .TABLES!!!

Inactivity was entirely due to busted laptop, guys. It's fixed now.

Hoped it wouldn't have to come down to the sub, but it's what happened D:

Edited by Luka M

Yeah, I hate slow mods.

:unsure:

But really, I've been away for most of last week and ended up only having one chance per day to get online, and only for 30-45 minutes each time. Now I should get things back into swing and hopefully get this running full speed and wrapped up before October.

Mission Proposal 2.1 by Kirsche

Team: zorbees, Kirsche, Radiant Kitty, SlayerX, Paperkitty

Yes: Balcerzak

No: Darros, JBCWK, zorbees, Kirsche, Radiant Kitty, ClipseyKitty, Kiku-Ichimonji, SlayerX, Paperkitty, Psych

Result: Yes - 1, No - 10

Proposal Fails. Radiant Kitty is the new leader.

I only voted no because I wanted to milk more out of missions, but I felt those were relatively resistance. Although if Bal likes the mission proposal, I guess I'll have to reconsider my thoughts. (Yes Bal, this does mean I think you're a spy).

I kind of expected more yes votes, and I'm a little surprised to see Balcerzak voting yes. Wasn't it his plan to milk each mission for all of the proposals they're worth?

I propose, that to get as much information from failed proposals as possible, that the proposer and the four people following him on the list vote "No" for the first four proposals, while the other six vote their heart. Odds are extremely good that one of the six will also vote "No", and this gives us a large possible pool of votes from the remaining members, to add to our knowledge base.

If someone has a better proposal, though, I would certainly be happy to hear it.

He's not one of the five that are required to vote No to make sure it doesn't go through. So he voted based entirely on whether he felt it had any spies or not. He thought there were none and voted Yes.

I certainly do want to milk for information, however as was brought up after seeing how well that worked in the past, we certainly can't get insights if everybody just no votes all the time. With my place no longer in the 'no' section of the leadership chain, I was free to vote my conscience and I'm quite highly confident about the resistance nature of 3/5 of the members on that proposal, which is better than even odds. 2 of the members should not be unsurprising as they were ones I trusted a mission I hoped to be fully successful, and one that was. The possible presence of a spy among them still exists, but it shouldn't be surprising that if I thought Slayer and zorbees were fine in the past I would find them fine now. Paperblade's incredibly outspoken and surefire reactions to the vote on the last proposal have also impressed me. So there you have it. If you're suspicious, that's a shame, as the more hesitation you have when considering actual resistance members, the harder it will be to get the victory. But there's a reason for everything and everything has a reason.

Wait, did you really mean to write dollars instead of pounds?

That is correct. I'm aware that most people here live in the US, so it made more sense that way. I think it's about £8-10.

Can anyone remind me of anything notable Darros/Spykor has done aside from his initial proposal? I'm drawing a blank here, and I really need to think about this one. I know I can trust myself, and as said before I feel good about Paper, but...