Itemafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS

Seven Deadly Sins

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting is a good thing, I suppose. For example, if Pariah is mafia, then WoMC and Sho are not mafia. However, that doesn't mean we should follow through with a lynch.

So you think we should pressure vote until someone snaps?

No...why would anyone snap?

Go read the first day of Mitnala, to see what happens when pressure voting goes right. Otherwise, you're suggesting the town waffles with its votes, and not go anywhere.

Go read the first day of Mitnala, to see what happens when pressure voting goes right. Otherwise, you're suggesting the town waffles with its votes, and not go anywhere.

Yeah, that's what happens when pressure voting goes right, but I don't believe we have any players like that in this game. And maybe I shouldn't have pointed it out, but there was a significant chance of that happening without me saying it.

Yes, but why on earth would scumbuddies pressure vote each other? The risk far outweighs any potential benefit.

To not seem scummy. Especially since here at SF people hardly ever act on pressure votes. Even less so when from certain players. I mean they wouldn't do anything to make their scumbuddy be lynched, but as long as theur are votes placed on someone else or there aren't any serious accusations against who they are pressuring, its not really much of a risk. Plus it keeps people from being able to look back and say "oh look, so and so never voted for *insert mafia here*, that seems pretty suspicious" or sometime of the like. There are reasons lol.

Yes, but why on earth would scumbuddies pressure vote each other? The risk far outweighs any potential benefit.

Well, it's still relatively early during the day (or was when those votes were cast), so I wouldn't necessarily say that it's a great risk.

Voting is a good thing, I suppose. For example, if Pariah is mafia, then WoMC and Sho are not mafia. However, that doesn't mean we should follow through with a lynch.

First, see above. Secondly, if we don't lynch Pariah (for example, also let's assume what you said for a second and she's mafia), we won't actually know that she is, and we won't get as much information on everyone else.

To not seem scummy. Especially since here at SF people hardly ever act on pressure votes. Even less so when from certain players. I mean they wouldn't do anything to make their scumbuddy be lynched, but as long as theur are votes placed on someone else or there aren't any serious accusations against who they are pressuring, its not really much of a risk. Plus it keeps people from being able to look back and say "oh look, so and so never voted for *insert mafia here*, that seems pretty suspicious" or sometime of the like. There are reasons lol.

Pressure votes on D1 have led to lynches in the past.

Also, on D1, the mafia generally have no plan yet and try to fit in(See:Ivalice). D1 is just unpredictable.

In other news, ##Vote: Pariah(Not for inactivity)

Oh come on. I've done nothing but be inactive and talk to Paper and Proto. Core has no reason to suspect me. Furthermore, the inactivity is somewhat inevitable, unless you expect me to quit my job to play mafia. The majority of the game, not counting Night 0, has been over the weekend.

21:44	Psych	        guys
21:45	Psych	        can we lynch sho in item
21:45	Psych	        please
21:45	Psych	        just to shut him up
21:45	Paperblade	Yes
21:45	Snike	        Yes
21:45	Kay	        Yes.

##Vote Sheep....I mean Sho

Edited by The Magnificent Psykini

Works for me~

##Unvote, Vote Pariah

[spoiler=You're making me look bad, bro.]

sheep.jpg

I'm still missing the logic of randomly lynching somebody. Anyone who wants to rush in on a mindless D1 lynch is suspicious, IMO. We have items, and we could get good leads tomorrow after some items have been used.

I agree with Core. At this point we have no information to go on and all of your reasons for voting anyone pretty much suck at this point. In this game since we aren't going to have role pms and claims to look at and judge, we don't want to give ourselves less time to figure things out by probably mislynching on the first day, and putting us down 1 player.

This is as close to EM as a full mafia game will get on Serenes Forums, so now would be a good time to explain the merits of a Mislynch.

Mislynching nets us information based on players' reactions to the nominee, and reduces the suspect pool, allowing the 'power roles' (in this case, the item holders) to have a greater chance of catching us a mafia. And if we happen to strike gold and hit a mafia, well, that's one less threat to deal with. Time isn't on our side in this case, as extending the number of phases allows the mafia to obtain more powers, which in turn makes them more difficult to deal with.

##unvote

##vote whoever the fuck the bandwagon is on

see, this is how we get progress

we will get reactions from people crying and they will absolutely tell us a thing or two about them

Bandwagoning, sadly, is not an accepted form of pressure, if the victim has not responded. ;/

Bandwagoning, sadly, is not an accepted form of pressure, if the victim has not responded. ;/

Ummm... Actually :unsure:

Oh come on. I've done nothing but be inactive and talk to Paper and Proto. Core has no reason to suspect me. Furthermore, the inactivity is somewhat inevitable, unless you expect me to quit my job to play mafia. The majority of the game, not counting Night 0, has been over the weekend.

21:44	Psych        	guys
21:45	Psych        	can we lynch sho in item
21:45	Psych        	please
21:45	Psych        	just to shut him up
21:45	Paperblade	Yes
21:45	Snike        	Yes
21:45	Kay        	Yes.

##Vote Sheep....I mean Sho

Please do it. If conversations are that hard to deal with, kill me.

[spoiler=You're making me look bad, bro.]

sheep.jpg

This is as close to EM as a full mafia game will get on Serenes Forums, so now would be a good time to explain the merits of a Mislynch.

Mislynching nets us information based on players' reactions to the nominee, and reduces the suspect pool, allowing the 'power roles' (in this case, the item holders) to have a greater chance of catching us a mafia. And if we happen to strike gold and hit a mafia, well, that's one less threat to deal with. Time isn't on our side in this case, as extending the number of phases allows the mafia to obtain more powers, which in turn makes them more difficult to deal with.

But my question is, is a mislynch more useful now than it may be later in the game?

Pariah didn't choose to say something useful when she could've. Vote stays.

What am I supposed to say that's useful? There's not a whole lot of useful info available ATM.

But my question is, is a mislynch more useful now than it may be later in the game?

How do we know we'll A, have a Mislynch later in the game, and B, need it?

There's no way we know if there isn't a Serial Killer or if a vig will kill people. Plus there's items everywhere that can kill people. We can't tell how many people will die a phase so that we can safely estimate when we have an option for mislynch. Hell, 5 people could die within this round. We don't know. It's better to do it know when we are currently in better standings.