Seven Deadly Sins

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah...

##Vote: Haze

Next, Proto:

One hour passed since the opening post... WHERE IS MY ROLE PM???

Don't tell me I got subbed out or something for being inactive for more than 24 hours...

I personally find this relatively suspicious (and with relatively I don't necessarily mean extremly, just more than anyone else at the moment).

First of all, Proto says it's been one hour when in fact it's been a bit more than 13 hours. Now this wouldn't be that much of a problem, everyone can misread pm for am, but what bothers me a bit is that, iirc, Proto was active (or at least in IP) several hours after the topic was up but also quite some time before he made that post. If someone could confirm/deny this, it would be appreciated for I'm not 100% sure.

Secondly, the second number makes no sense. If he thought it was only up for an hour, how could 24 hours have passed?

Lastly, it seems unlike Proto to me that he wouldn't read the rules (see here), or wouldn't read them again before making a post like this, not to mention the tone of the post just feels wrong structure wise.

That's all I got for now I guess.

So yeah...

##Vote: Haze

Next, Proto:

I personally find this relatively suspicious (and with relatively I don't necessarily mean extremly, just more than anyone else at the moment).

First of all, Proto says it's been one hour when in fact it's been a bit more than 13 hours. Now this wouldn't be that much of a problem, everyone can misread pm for am, but what bothers me a bit is that, iirc, Proto was active (or at least in IP) several hours after the topic was up but also quite some time before he made that post. If someone could confirm/deny this, it would be appreciated for I'm not 100% sure.

Secondly, the second number makes no sense. If he thought it was only up for an hour, how could 24 hours have passed?

Lastly, it seems unlike Proto to me that he wouldn't read the rules (see here), or wouldn't read them again before making a post like this, not to mention the tone of the post just feels wrong structure wise.

That's all I got for now I guess.

More than 24 hours have passed that I was inactive. I didn't have internet in my house for two days, which is why I was afraid that I might have been subbed out in all the Mafia games. There's no way you could have found me in the IP chat at that time. That's why I didn't know how long the thread was up. In fact, I didn't even realize that I got the time wrong until now. I actually changed my timezone recently in order to send Paper a fake Ivalice role PM with Anouleth's timestamp. Paper should be able to confirm this. My displayed timezone must have been 12 hours behind, so it appeared that the thread was only there for an hour.

As for me not reading the rules, well, I already mentioned that I was very impatient for this game to start. And SDS kept us waiting for longer than we expected, and I wanted to see my role PM. I was actually reading the rules while posting in a separate tab. I honestly did not think that posting would somehow go against the rules nor did I expect the lack of a role PM to be perfectly normal for someone playing a Mafia game. And I WAS genuinely worried that I would be subbed out, because I even called Blitz to tell everyone that I'll be inactive for an indefinite amount of time. He apparently couldn't do it, but can still confirm that I asked him to.

I'm still missing the logic of randomly lynching somebody. Anyone who wants to rush in on a mindless D1 lynch is suspicious, IMO. We have items, and we could get good leads tomorrow after some items have been used.

I agree with Core. At this point we have no information to go on and all of your reasons for voting anyone pretty much suck at this point. In this game since we aren't going to have role pms and claims to look at and judge, we don't want to give ourselves less time to figure things out by probably mislynching on the first day, and putting us down 1 player.

I agree with Core. At this point we have no information to go on and all of your reasons for voting anyone pretty much suck at this point. In this game since we aren't going to have role pms and claims to look at and judge, we don't want to give ourselves less time to figure things out by probably mislynching on the first day, and putting us down 1 player.

Not necessaily. Voting promotes discussion and allows us to analyze patterns in the future. If we just NL, we won't have any more information tomorow than we do today (outside of possible night results but they can be unreliable as well). Furthermore, since the roles aren't set to a specific player, we don't have the disadvantage of possibly eliminating a good role completly.