Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing Zeed and Jemmie, it's bound to be awesome.

Keep up the good work, man. Obviously, from all of the "you're great" comments, you've got a ton of fans looking forward this thing (myself included, of course)!

I swear if I get looked upon like an idiot for asking legitimate questions again

I've been wondering. Why is it that you changed the names of the Hand Axe and Javelin to Francisca and Spiculum? Are they translations of some sort?

Or to be more specific about the weapons the characters were using. A Francisca is a type of throwing axe and a Spiculum is a throwing spear used by average foot soldiers. Just sayin'.

I don't really remember the main reason behind suggesting to change the weapon names; it probably started when I switched up the magic spells to "make" them into new ones (same animations, new names, different ranks, stats, icons, etc.) and expanded from there to most of the rest of the weapon list. If not that, it could have been one of many reasons, not limited to: 1) being sick and tired of everything using the same, tired default names, 2) knowing that stats and such were going to be tweaked/altered/balanced, or 3) to match the icons that were going to be made (which partially ties into Bladehero's response).

I don't really remember the main reason behind suggesting to change the weapon names; it probably started when I switched up the magic spells to "make" them into new ones (same animations, new names, different ranks, stats, icons, etc.) and expanded from there to most of the rest of the weapon list. If not that, it could have been one of many reasons, not limited to: 1) being sick and tired of everything using the same, tired default names, 2) knowing that stats and such were going to be tweaked/altered/balanced, or 3) to match the icons that were going to be made (which partially ties into Bladehero's response).

This, though mostly I remember Josh saying it was more the first reason than any other. I personally wanted to keep the names the same for familiarity's sake for the player, but decided to give it a shot because why not. And it seems to have stuck, so...

well no complaints here on the names or reasoning.

However i'm still getting bugged over that inner Julie business in the dream. Makes me think it may come out and make her seem like she's gone insaine, going up to generals and one-shotting them.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this routine is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally wooooooooooorking

now to go play this thing right now

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this routine is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally wooooooooooorking

now to go play this thing right now

Noooo!!! Give it ray so he can hurry up and release a demo!! :newyears:

You finished working on the chapter?! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Does this mean I have to disappear now? :(

EDIT: Is Raymond gonna post the next chapter up since you got it working? .w.

And why is it suddenly a ghost town?

Edited by Arim

• 2 weeks later...

i assume that chapter 5x is there for the dawn brigade to get some extra levels for chapter 6.

Actually, no. It's there for them to tell their story and in hindsight they might emerge from there about maybe a level or two higher than the party average by Chapter 6, but since it's that much at most, I find it negligible unless it becomes very noticeable. xD

Actually, no. It's there for them to tell their story and in hindsight they might emerge from there about maybe a level or two higher than the party average by Chapter 6, but since it's that much at most, I find it negligible unless it becomes very noticeable. xD

But then their levels in Chapter 6 will be different to the ones in Chapter 5,and isn't 5x suppose to be based on events prior to Chapter 5?

Can't you make the enemies in 5x not give EXP?

But then their levels in Chapter 6 will be different to the ones in Chapter 5,and isn't 5x suppose to be based on events prior to Chapter 5?

Can't you make the enemies in 5x not give EXP?

Implying I care about EXP consistency. :c

Implying I care about EXP consistency. :c

Goddamnit Ray.

So, you showed Sothe fighting an enemy unit in the preview of Chapter 5x in your video of Chapter 5, and he was wielding a Prism Sword. I am interested. Light Brand rename perhaps? Or possibly something smexier?