[FE11] Probably the most sadistic Reclassing Draft to date.

Vicious Sal

A Draft! That i can do since I have a Pen, Paper, FEDS and a DS!

We are going to do a H2 Drafts, and the catch is... It's ALL MAGIC! Cleric, Curate, Mage, Dark Mage AND with Thunderbolts and Levin Swords! Oh yeah, Magestones too.

General Rules: (Ty for whoever put them up :) )

Marth, Tiki, Nagi, Xane, Jagen and Julian are free. Standard 4 turn penalty for using an undrafted unit. Undrafted units cannot equip weapons, but they may shop and recruit characters. Undrafted Units may be killed off to go to gaiden chapters.

Tiki, Bantu, Rickard, Xane, Beck, Jake, and Nagi are exempt to the reclass rule.

Units you get before reclass is unlocked may stay in their original classes until you can reclass them. Upon recruit, units may stay in their normal class FOR THAT CHAPTER ONLY. This does not apply to units not recruited on the battlefield (Elice, etc.)

Warp Staff: May be used, but there is no Warp Skipping allowed.

Gaidens: Mandatory. Generics cannot equip weapons. Free up to 20 turns.

The following trick may be used for 24x if you want to keep the better Falchion:

Kill off Tiki (or anyone if you didn't recruit her/she died) holding the Falchion in chapter 24.

Alm staff her in Chapter 24x, and the Falchion should be in the convoy.

Forge is ALLOWED with the 1/3 increment restriction., Wi-Fi Shop is NOT Allowed

*Wyrmslayers(marth & julian) and dragonpikes(jeigan) are allowed to be forged for defeating magedragons.

Since The chances are highly probable that you will have more drafted units than Mages+Curates+Dark Mages+Levins Swords+Thunderbolts combined, you may use your units that you cannot reclass to magical units as meatshields. Reclass as many of your characters as you can to magical units(or levin swords) as fast as you can.

Promoting may be done in whatever class you want in the preparations, may only be done in magical classes on the battlefield.

And every unit that can wield Levin Swords, may use them freely in whatever class they want. If it breaks on the battlefield, That unit may continue to meatshield, but not hold any other sword!

Drafted units may use Iron Swords to get to C rank.

Game Mode: H2

Yes, I know the MaleB set units aren't really popular before Etzel, but you can have at least one because of the 1 over limit rule! 8D

Teams:

- Elieson: Cain, Navarre, Castor, Linde, Catria, Palla, Bord, Minerva, Lorenz, Arran

- Vicious Sal: Caeda, Gordin, Sedgar, Athena, Rickard, Caesar, Beck, Horace, Macellan, Samson

- Blues: Merric, Cord, Wrys, Hardin, Vyland, Maria, Roshea, Est, Darros, Jake

- Eclipse: Draug, Lena, Matthis, Ogma, Tomas, Barst, Radd, Bantu, Jeorge, Ymir

- 13thshadow: Abel, Wendell, Wolf, Boah, Elice, Etzel, Midia, Dolph, Roger, Astram

Edited by Vicious Sal

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had a draft in a while, I'll give this a go. I'm assuming dice rolls are after drafting is finished?

Edit: Can Marth/Julian only meatshield? (Unless they get Levin Swords) And Tiki/Nagi as well, what exactly happens with them?

Also, say you get to C4 and only have Curate/Clerics available, how would you complete the chapter? Because I'm practically certain that Marth cannot seize if the boss is still alive (if he could even get there).

(Maybe consider not having the reclasses forced, because 1) Male Set B automatically goes to DM anyway unpromoted and 2) For the above reason.)

(And Jagen isn't free? Why?)

Edited by Mist

H3?

Oh boy, I'm going to regret this but...sign me up!!!!

I have the same question about people who can't be reclassed (Marth, Julian, Rickard, the dragons, the ballisticians).

Another question: Say I recruit Barst and Cord, only one can be a DM for quite some time, but I could reclass one to Merc to make them wield swords. I am going to guess that I cannot level his weapon skill to wield levin swords, he can only shield. (Arms scrolls not withstanding, but they don't appear for some time).

The way this challenge works, I kind of wish the Wi-Fi shop was allowed so that I could get a ton of Levin Swords, but I understand that not everyone has access.

Edit RE: ballisticians: It lookes like you mentioned thunderbolt in the OP, so I'm guessing that this is the only weapon they can equip (I didn't see any other mention of it).

Edit RE: Gaidens: If undrafted characters cannot meatshield, how are we supposed to get them killed to access the Gaiden chapters?

Edited by Whitefang

I refuse, on one principal:

How do you plan on getting past Chapters 17 and 24?

And any other Mage Dragons for that matter. Not to mention every unit you have is 2HKO'd or ORKO'd forever. It's just slightly ridiculous difficulty wise.

Edited by General_Horace

I knew I was forgetting some stuff. So thanks for the input, i'll look into the things you've pointed out. Also, Jagen should be free, I copy/pasted the general rules, so that's why he isn't in it.

I'll edit this post ASAP with the suggestions/problems and their solutions.

Haven't had a draft in a while, I'll give this a go. I'm assuming dice rolls are after drafting is finished?

As has been stated by others, it's already hard, so i'll cut everyone some slack and just make it a magical draft. No dices, so you can get as many mages as you can. You'll probably still need some healers though...

Edit: Can Marth/Julian only meatshield? (Unless they get Levin Swords) And Tiki/Nagi as well, what exactly happens with them?

They are free to use and free to battle with everything.

Also, say you get to C4 and only have Curate/Clerics available, how would you complete the chapter? Because I'm practically certain that Marth cannot seize if the boss is still alive (if he could even get there).

Has been adresssed now

(Maybe consider not having the reclasses forced, because 1) Male Set B automatically goes to DM anyway unpromoted and 2) For the above reason.)

Has been adressed.

(And Jagen isn't free? Why?)

because he is free, i just didn't mention him. -__-

H3?

YEZ!~

Oh boy, I'm going to regret this but...sign me up!!!!

I have the same question about people who can't be reclassed (Marth, Julian, Rickard, the dragons, the ballisticians).

People who cannot be reclassed and are free, are just free. Drafted ones need Levin Swords/Thuinderbolt.

Another question: Say I recruit Barst and Cord, only one can be a DM for quite some time, but I could reclass one to Merc to make them wield swords. I am going to guess that I cannot level his weapon skill to wield levin swords, he can only shield. (Arms scrolls not withstanding, but they don't appear for some time).

I want to keep it as magical as possible, so Arms scrolls.

Hmmmm.... Maybe try not to draft them both? Class B has the short end anyway, so they'll drop in the tier list for this draft.

The way this challenge works, I kind of wish the Wi-Fi shop was allowed so that I could get a ton of Levin Swords, but I understand that not everyone has access.

I May make this open, depending on how many of you have wifi.

Edit RE: ballisticians: It lookes like you mentioned thunderbolt in the OP, so I'm guessing that this is the only weapon they can equip (I didn't see any other mention of it).

So yeah, Jake is screwed.

Edit RE: Gaidens: If undrafted characters cannot meatshield, how are we supposed to get them killed to access the Gaiden chapters?

Good point, I contradict myself all the time. 8D Just kill them off. :)

How do you plan on getting past Chapters 17 and 24?

Forge a damn good wyrmslayer? Also, I'll need to count units, if Jagen is freed, Maybe there is an uneven nuber. Or maybe make tiki free as well, because she's divinestone pwnage. i'll look into it.

I take it 1-4 would be done entirely like a normal draft?

Yes, Because there is no reclass before that, you can just have them fight and train. And kill of undraftees.

Edited by Vicious Sal

There are four Arms Scrolls in the game total; three appear on Chapter 24 (when it doesn't really matter).

For the sake of this draft, I'd make it so that unpromoted sword units can wield Iron Swords only until they hit C swords, and then are only allowed to wield Levin Swords after that.

Just wondering, it is 5 people for the draft, correct?

If I've counted correctly, we have 53 units(Sleepy, so can be wrong) to distribute, we could do 5 drafters, and last 3 get left out. (Probly male B units 8D) Or take 6 drafters and let the last two drafters share the last unit.

AND what I forgot, i'm new to that whole system, what's the deal with generic replacements? Do we normally use them or...?

AND what I forgot, i'm new to that whole system, what's the deal with generic replacements? Do we normally use them or...?

IIRC, you can't have them do anything, no meatshielding, unless they need to die for a gaiden chapter. I could be wrong.

ok, thanks for the tip. I also saw a draft where they drafted the Generic names so i was a bit confused. It's morning now, so I better start updating the OP. :)

We have 6 Free units, 50 units draftable. If we take 5 Drafters, everyone will get 16 Units. If we take 6 Drafters, everyone will have 14 units drafted. 2 Will be left, and we can have the drafters have 1 of them to add to their team?

Or make Elice free because everyone needs an AUM staffer anyway. And then just leave that last one out. I think that would work. What do you guys think?

Edited by Vicious Sal

We have 6 Free units, 50 units draftable. If we take 5 Drafters, everyone will get 16 Units. If we take 6 Drafters, everyone will have 14 units drafted. 2 Will be left, and we can have the drafters have 1 of them to add to their team?

Or make Elice free because everyone needs an AUM staffer anyway. And then just leave that last one out. I think that would work. What do you guys think?

Let's see:

50/5 = 10, not 16

50/6 = 8, not 14.

I think 5 is generally the way to go.

I may need to back out of this draft. I'll be away for a week starting Sunday, unless you want me to leave a very lengthy list of picks, or we finish drafting by tomorrow, I'll be dropping out.

I may need to back out of this draft. I'll be away for a week starting Sunday, unless you want me to leave a very lengthy list of picks, or we finish drafting by tomorrow, I'll be dropping out.

That to bad. =/ If you want to play, pm me the list, because we aren't going to finish drafting tomorrow, haha.

What are you going to do?

Oh um, I actually meant what are you going to do on your week off? I get why you misunderstood, the question wasn't very clear.

Oh, right. Since it's school holidays for me, I'm going away for a week, and then I'll be back. No internet access, unfortunately. (Unless I get lucky...)