what would be a good FE spin-off?

geozeldadude

i think i had a topic like this a long time ago on another forum, but i thought i would try it here. would the FE series make a good: fighter? shmup (haha)? puzzler? FE would be easy to do as a dating sim, straight RPG, or dungeon crawler, but i'm not sure what would be a really worthwhile spin-off.

There's a picture somewhere of an idea for an FE spinoff where you control an individual unit in real-time on the battlefield, like M&B. I think that could be a very fun spin-off. I think an FE with gameplay similar to Valkyria Chronicles could be a lot of fun.

Of course, this is assuming FE reaches the point where IS actually could make a spinoff.

Yep. Action-RPG games would let you virtually take the exact games that you've had, and just reorient them to a different perspective. Sort of how Resident Evil 4/5 are no different control-wise from the preceding games, it's only giving players a different method of viewpoint.

(sort of the same thing Enix was planning to do with Dragon Quest IX... ah man, it should have stayed an action-RPG D: )

Yep. Action-RPG games would let you virtually take the exact games that you've had, and just reorient them to a different perspective.

I don't see how you could change Fire Emblem to an Action RPG without radically changing the way that combat and controls work. So in that sense, it wouldn't be the "exact game".

How about something for younger FE players? Where the story isn't that you're off to war so much as in-training? I'd like to play through how the Griel mercenaries started up myself. The mercenary base looks so cool; I'd like to explore it! Spending in-depth time in the places and being able to explore them yourself like in the Zelda games would be awesome.

Tower defence

An FE fighting game would be pretty awesome. You know, one that plays kinda like Soul Calibur where you get to pick which weapon you want to use before you fight.

Both great ideas!

I don't see how you could change Fire Emblem to an Action RPG without radically changing the way that combat and controls work. So in that sense, it wouldn't be the "exact game".

You're right. It's now dependent on the player to carry out combat, not just to initiate and carry out an order of it. Though, it wouldn't be hard for it to go the way of any ol' MMORPG or FFXII where the combat is pretty much directed for you anyways, like Fire Emblem does. It reminds me of a contrast between the Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario RPG, sort of thing.

There's a picture somewhere of an idea for an FE spinoff where you control an individual unit in real-time on the battlefield, like M&B. I think that could be a very fun spin-off. I think an FE with gameplay similar to Valkyria Chronicles could be a lot of fun.Of course, this is assuming FE reaches the point where IS actually could make a spinoff.

I was thinking like beat-em-up type game like Dynasty Warriors.

Dynasty warrior FE would be pretty cool a total war FE spinoff would be good I guess.

FEdynastywarriors.jpg

(For those those who don't know what total war is)

Edited by Generic Operator

and the dragon controlled like shit and you had no allies.

You had allies in both Drakengard games, the system just blew for the first one. The first one is actually one of my favorite games (in the loosest sense) but it's quite... extremely shitty. Obviously it was a joke suggestion.

Cooking with Oscar: Kinda like Cooking Mama, but with with a minigame after each dish where you have to stop Ilyana eating the food you've just prepared.
Fire Emblem Kart...haha.
Now we can see who really dominates! Seth or Sigurd!
I can kind of imagine an action-RPG like Tales, but since Tales tend to not get localized...
So long as the writing style isn't the same as your standard Tales game I would be up for it. We all need to buy Graces f if we want to see more tales anyway...

Dynasty warrior FE would be pretty cool a total war FE spinoff would be good I guess.

FEdynastywarriors.jpg

(For those those who don't know what total war is)

Where did that artwork come from? That's one of the coolest (FE-related) things I've seen.

Edited by Arch