Solum's sprites

Solum

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forslum_zps41cfec53.png

I drew up a little comparison to show you how small the queen's head is :P: I think you need to widen the face by a couple of pixels and move the area where the hair part is up by a few pixels, and maybe bring in the right side OPV in a tiny bit. Excellent work on the body, though, as always :D:

I agree with the crit above on the queen, although I don't mind a smaller head, it's got some weirdness that Agro already gave advice on.

One thing that wasn't mentioned was the shape of the jaw, though, like if you take away that strand of hair that's covering the far side of her face, it becomes a little more apparent that the center of her face isn't lining up with all of her features. The center of her nose/eyes don't line up with the chin/mouth, so to me it looks like her whole lower face is skewed to front-view while the rest of her is 3/4 view. I think one way to fix that problem would just be to move the shading of the lower lip a pixel to the left, without moving the actual mouth.

Another small (possibly opinion thing) is that the far side of her face seems undershaded. It would be more in shadow, especially because that big chunk of hair is over top of it. She could also stand to have more cheek showing on that far side of her face, it seems almost like it got cut off.

Oh and the blonde lady is real cool. Neck seems a bit long though?

ou - a - ou!

Love what you did with the base I give you. Really nice outfit.

But i agree with Agro, the head is quite small. Especially when you compare it with your blond hair mug.

On the chibi, I think you should remove the hair on her face, It looks like a purple tear or purple scar more than hair atm.

C'est des couleurs de FE8 que tu as utilisé pour ce mug? Parce qu'elle lui vont vraiment bien à mon avis :Sain:

436587WorkingQueen.png

778607WorkingQueen2.png

i don't really know what I could do since the proportion was the origin of her head's size. So I just try to split it all. It's true that if I had to make it fit the normal size proportion it would be WAY bigger.

But well does the 2nd one in each line looks better ?

A bit different this time. I'm getting lazy at portraits for the moment, and make fun with something else :

179011Hallebardier.png

This is my version of the Halberdier's mapsprite.

I wanted it to be more close to the GBAFE promoted Mapsprites, because I obviously used the soldier's base to make it.

It's entirely free to use, you can insert it in your hack without asking me permission.

This sprites are to be improved so any comment is welcomed =)

Actually. It fit with those two Imo.

[spoiler=Halberdier (Bonestorm)]
Halbtest.png
No Permission needed
Credit: Bonestorm/April and Jubby
Description: The soldiers have something to promote to. (Based on Ephraim's animation)
Extra: Ask MageKnight404 to use his class card for this. Jubby has a map sprite for this, and you don't need to ask for it.
Download

Especially the second one since my MapSprite doesn't have a mantle.

[spoiler=Halberdier 2.0 (The Blind Archer)]

HalberdierAndBlackBeauty_zpsd021725a.png

No Permission needed

Credit: The Blind Archer

Description: New and improved version to his previous animation.

Download

A new full custom portrait. I putting it before I complete it. Because I know my proportions suck often x)

So if you find some disproportions, here's the mug :

660032Meredy.png

About the Helmet, I tried to make it more flat. But it was... really not good.

BUT since I'm not patient, I finished the V.1 :

554209Meredy.png

Edited by Solum

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! Here's an up from the previous portrait.

And! A brand new one.

819735Meredy.png (Did I just turned the gem to red? Eh... )

Here's the new portrait :

424208Linaeld.png ~Linaeld~

I didn't finished the locked part of his hair. And he needs a chibi portrait

Edited by Solum

...Solum said it's a he.

Yeah. I should've said it's a trap.

Because there's always traps like this in this kind of universe

Edited by Solum

• 2 weeks later...

I'm too lazy to work on my hack today. So I started this little portrait :

623260AshuneraGBA.png

Since I'm super bad at spriting transparent things like Canas's glass I just reduced her original body xD

Wow Ashunera looks great! I think the translucent robes look fine too. The only thing that seems a bit off is that the neck is slightly too narrow.

Edited by Haku

That's really well done, but the neck is bit too tiny for the size of her body and head, it's like a twig.

I'm pretty sure she's not that... gentle looking either.

710782Ashunera.png I just forgot to put the reference. 148025AshuneraFE10.png

Here's a more advanced version. I tried to correct the neck. I don't think it can go further.

Edited by Solum