Solum's sprites

Solum

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartre > Sorry for Reyson. This was just his body. It was too small for a mug. And I never finished him xD I'll put some of the old mugs I find in my PC n_n

So. I put mug to improve them. (and to show them to you of course) even if I grunt sometimes you can even troll them, because I'll see where are the unclean parts of my mugs. Thanks to you. =)

440675Homy.png

This one is called Homasa. Don't ask me why, the owner named it and we have done this mug together. (hair and clothes for me) 8D

749696Formermercen.png

Up with this one I already post. But this is a new version. ( and she's looking at us o_o)

732347Solum.png

I've done this mug few months ago. And I never posted it. here he comes so.

It's also my Avatar on many forums as... Solum x)

79853060esplice.png

And this is my Entry for the past 60th splicing competition. With Myyrh Pricilla and Lyn as the portraits set.

Not all the old sprites sorry xD

But it's late in france. I'm goonna sleep fast in few minutes !

I won't search excuses. My apologize to the owner. I won't use it anymore.

Sorry for this one. The idiot is not a bad title for me x)

But you can trust me, you won't find another shame like this in my topic or wherever.

The last "but" will be to say that I will keep work.

And the last line to say sorry =/

Edited by Solum

It looks a hell of a lot better now, so it's probably inadvertently a good thing that you got caught out...

I have to agree! His hair looks tons better now. :)

Looking forward to seeing his face!

Yeah caught, i have to agree too. But you know I just don't remember when and where i found the stolen mug. It was 2-3 years ago and an older version of it. At my 14th i was a child. Maybe I'm still now but. XD

But you're right I prefer this hair that I finally did easly. But even with love this time!

I don't plan to modify something to turn it less than before.

>_>

<_<

I do? XD of course I did modified less than before in many cases.(and also have a bad English langage. What a pain.)

I don't know how but I wish contact Uther too apologize myself directly to him.

Edited by Solum

I will try to post all I want to say in the same time because of double posts two n_u.

337298SolumRelvetoi.png

Well it's done.

Now something's wrong with his mouth.

And he looks like a child now.

Edited by Solum

337298SolumRelvetoi.png

Well, it's done. Something is wrong with his mouth, and he looks like a child now.

C'est tres beau, et je vois un bon effort. Je penses que pour qu'il puisse ressembler moin enfantin, tu devrais changer la forme de son visage. I think he would look better with a longer forehead, and if you shaded it too (une suggestion, pas vraiment necessaire.). You have a few options. You can make his eyes smaller, his face longer, his hair shorter, and take out the pixels above his mouth (these are all options to make him older looking.).

I did this quickly, but hopefully you can see my suggestions in practice?

solummugeditbyshaman.bmp

Hmmmmmm I don't really like how half the hair looks like it has very detailed shaded while the other half is barely shaded at all except for the edges. I'm guessing the idea is that it has something to do with the light but I don't really think it looks very good like that... Personally I feel that it could do with more shading on the side that seems bare~ The right side is all detailed and whatnot while the part with bare shading looks super flat, especially compared to the other side =o

Edited by Freohr Datia

I see what you're getting at, Freohr :P I don't really care for it, either; if you look at Shaman's, his has more of a balanced look to it, which is why I like it better :)

(It's still a lot more detailed on the right, but there's enough on the left that it might be just the light or the angle that makes it not have a lot)

I will try to post all I want to say in the same time because of double posts two n_u.

337298SolumRelvetoi.png

Well it's done.

Now something's wrong with his mouth.

And he looks like a child now.

1. Outline is broken where the collar meets the trapezoid

2. You have colors from the shirt in his hair and under his chin.

3. You have two white pixels above his near eyebrow.

4. the antialiasing on his faceline is pillowy.

5. the far side of his body could stand to be a pixel or two longer.

6. Shading on the far side of the hair is very flat compared to the rest of the hair.

Other than that, not bad.

Edited by The Illusive Man

While I do like the detail on this guy's ponytail, the shading and angle make it seem more like he should be facing sideways rather than at 3/4ths. The hair band should barely be visible, and the bulk of the ponytail should be hidden behind his neck. or you could put one peeking out on the other side of his neck and give him pigtails

Considering how often you've been a victim of sprite theft, Dei, I'm surprised at you for not catching this.

Parts of this guy's sprite's body and hair were spliced and slightly changed from Arcfalchion's Azel sprite. And the ponytail is spliced and edited from NoetherianRing's Dew.

comparison.png

Edited by The Illusive Man

Considering how often you've been a victim of sprite theft, Dei

What, all of two times I've seen it?

That said, Solum, I'm both disappointed and wondering whose Whisper!Sothe you may have taken this collar from. This isn't how you improve as a spriter. You won't learn unless you make your own damn mistakes instead of using the possible mistakes of others.

Edited by The Blind Archer

What, all of two times I've seen it?

I noticed the Azel bits right away. Then remembered Dew. I also think the mouth and nose came from your Jamuka, but it's been changed slightly and those parts are too common looking to be 100% sure.(looks like this guy)

@Nayr - Good for you, then. Just tell everybody what's wrong and stop taking pot-shots at everybody. This isn't about your personal grudge, Nayr.

I wasn't taking pot-shots at anybody. I know Dei's had his work stolen on more than one occasion because I've seen it(used to be a sprite theft topic on FEND, remember?)

Also I've heard that Dei stopped posting sprites publicly to prevent his works from being stolen.

I'm just saying it as I know it to be.

And now it is my turn to throw my two cents in!

@ Nayr and TBA, thank you for picking up on this! I thought the first time was just an accidental slip-up on Solum's part, but this makes a second/third time.

@ Solum I want you to pm me and start explaining yourself. Not only is it stealing, but other people get offended when their hard work is used by other people without their permission.

For the time being, I am going to lock this thread since there is no reason for it to be clogged up with spam (I'm not saying it is now, I'm just saying that it could very quickly become clogged with spam).

eCut~

Edited by eCut

I'm not exactly sure how that directly correlates to Pi and ArcFalchion's sprites being stolen, though, not to mention Solum's pretty much covered up/gotten rid of all the aforementioned parts. Either way, would anyone else like to contribute to the witch trial while we're at it?

Okay... I want to tell you this : I am sorry about the recent evenements I managed (may I say managed?) Some spriters have seen their creations in this thread.

The fact is that I used some parts of some mugs to get the base of elements of mugs ( not all of them but. ) when I failed to do it with myself.

And after that overdrawing to don't make it a fake stolen mug.

I won't do this anymore, and I will learn by my fails and mistakes.

And chose to do videos of me spriting.

In a first goal : reassure people about their creations which I said. I don't use anymore.

In a second : maybe would you like to see just spriting videos?

And again, my sincerely apologize.

Until I find a way to do videos with the horrible PC I have, I post the last version of th mug I tryied to improve :

> Shaman Thank you very much for your help. I think I made him a little more older here. But your version is too old. at the end I had just a slicy modification to do.

>Freohr I shaded the left part of his hair. But I don't know how to shade more here. If it's enough then it's cool =)

I took also notes of Nayr with soulder's size, green pixels in his hair...

So... Does it looks better now? =)

876919Revampsolum.png

Edited by Solum