Solum's sprites

Solum

I like the the third one in row 1, the first three in row 2, the first and last one in row 3, and the first three in row 4....

I think the ginger is probably my favorite though.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like first one in row 1. All row 2 is fine with me. Second and third of row 3. And the second one on row 4. The sprite is overall clean and nice. Hair could be a little stiff but that's just me. So good job. Keep it up~

Hair could be a little stiff but that's just me.

Well... I'm still a french who imporves his english. so... What you've said meant that the hair should be more... Detailed?

Otherwise, I helped a friend to clean up his own mug. He wants to be a playable character in the hack I make.

At first it was the right mug. and now it's the left one I did the coat and he did the hair. wich I cleaned up.

Also, I made the mini mug (thank you Chaos!)

02ae52b9-5787-41ae-a884-92dcf772da88_Homasa.PNG

Edited by Solum

Stiff means straight, that it doesn't look bendy. So if you curve it a little bit, it should be better.

As for the color shemes, I'd choose for either the 3rd on row 1 (purple hair), the 1st or 3rd on row 2 (green, ginger respectively), or the 3rd of the last row (green), while leaning most to ginger and purple.

The green haired guy still doesn't have enough contrast.

J'aime le nouveau mug. But what's going on with his right shoulder? It looks like his under jacket is grey, and he has some rugged armor or cloth on his right shoulder (our point of view) which is the shape of a regular jacket. So yeah what is it on his right shoulder?

6ffd56d0-c3a4-4253-8cba-4e0a04bce4a2_Homasa.PNG I don't like it like this...his hair must be Dark green, And a normal contrast breake it.

For the other mug, It's a strap on his right soulder.

Last week end, I did an update of this mug :

m_2198_1320517582.gif

Edited by Solum

• 7 months later...

Hi! I post a new creation I didn't created sprites between the last post and this one. I wanted to help someone with the axe fighter but... I failed and I'm sorry for this.

So there is a new mug. I want to push cleanning of this one. Just to get her as correct as I can and hope it please you! :)

160310rebornermug.png

Edited by Solum

Celice -> We was very a short community and very close with admin. We tryied to gain money to keep the website but this december we lost it n_u

Now we have a actifforum to keep contact but without the site game we had before. (But we're still alive! x)

Another member of this community is Kratos Aurion. Who posted his own sprites here too.

Fuzz94 -> I will try to find them. But I am surprised that the images desappeared that quickly.

Thanks for comments =)

Hi! I post a new creation I didn't created sprites between the last post and this one. I wanted to help someone with the axe fighter but... I failed and I'm sorry for this.

So there is a new mug. I want to push cleanning of this one. Just to get her as correct as I can and hope it please you! :)

160310rebornermug.png

That's really good :) I'm also digging how vibrant the colors are. I think the left side of her hair though, where it touches her face, could use more shading. It looks a little bare right now :P

I would say having the bangs just floating to the left is highly unrealistic, but this is Fire Emblem stuff I'm talking about XD And I wouldn't necessarily think the top part of her hair needs such thick and dark shading as it has, but I guess that's not really a big deal. There are kinda a lot of spots though where there's a lot of contact between the 3rd shade and the lightest shade in her hair, making them sorta stand out...

Mostly in these spots~

edits-3.png

Idk if you can draw some more of the second shade around those without making it look goofy and awkward, but idk, they just don't really look right like that to me...

I do agree though, this mug looks quite pretty~

160310rebornermug.png

It looks really nice from a design standpoint, the palette especially so. Two things kinda stand out to me, though. First, the darkest shade showing the parting of the hair is really contrasting against the other shades of the hair. Part of that might be attributed to the lower amounts of the middle shade that are around it. I think that, even if you add more of the middle shade around it, it still might be a bit dark, however.

Secondly, there are a ton of areas where the hair looks pretty flat: notably the hair directly to our left of her face and the parts curling down towards the armor on the right. Now, I know that several regular face sprites from the games tend to love not shading the hair at all, though I've always felt that was very sloppy in terms of design. Unless the portraits were rushed, there's obviously room for detail there, so I can't understand why the artists wouldn't bother to improve the shading and give it more depth. Long-winded rant aside, you could probably give the larger sections of the lightest shade some dabs of the middle shade to give the hair some depth and to show shaping, curvature, and contour.

I'm sorta glad I didn't say "give the hair more definition" like I planned on doing otherwise I think I woulda made Glenn waste a post XD But not a complete waste because it goes into much more detail~