24 members have voted

1. 1. Hard Mode Difficulty?

• H1
    • H2
    • H3
    • H4
    • H5

Here are the rules of this playthrough.

1. You will be selecting 18 characters, plus one thief, one ballistician, and one divine dragon. Feel free to make as many picks as you want.

2. I must recruit all characters selected and keep them alive. For this reason, no Gaiden characters may be selected. I will try to clear each map as quickly as possible given the rules.

2A. For deployment purposes, this is similar to a low-level playthrough, and I will field only my least experienced units. Promoted units count as 20+their level. Ballisticians and Manaketes count as promoted.

3. You must make your picks such that I receive exactly one of each type of class for both males and females, both before and after promotion.

4. After you select a character, reclass his/her pre- and post-promotion classes. Try to make these classes different from each other and different from the character's original class.

4A. This means that exactly 1 pre-promote each of the Female (Midia or Minerva) set and Male set A characters will be selected. Every other character will be promoted during the game (so no Wolf or Sedgar, etc.)

4B. If it is not possible, for any reason, to follow these guidelines, then simply pick any unit for the needed classes that remain.

5. Wifi shop and forge are available, unless there is a huge opposition against their use.

6. Depending on which characters and difficulty I get, chapters 1-3 may be done without regard to character selections, just so that I can get through them in a reasonable timeframe.

For ease of use, simply refer to this chart and I will fill it out.

Unit list.

Pre-promotion Females

Pegasus Knight: Lena

Myrmidon: Palla

Archer: Caeda

Mage: Est

Cleric: Athena

Post-promotion Females

Falcon Knight/Dracoknight: Athena (Falcoknight)

Paladin: Caeda

Swordmaster: Midia

Sniper: Lena

Sage: Palla

Bishop: Est

Pre-promotion Male Set A:

Cavalier: Radd

Myrmidon: Roshea

Archer: Wrys.gif

Mage: Vyland

Curate: Gordin

Post-promotion Male Set A:

Dracoknight: Radd

Paladin: Wrys.gif

Swordmaster: Jagen

Sniper: Roshea

Sage: Gordin

Bishop: Vyland

Pre-promotion Male Set B:

Fighter: Draug

Hunter: Macellan

Pirate: Caesar

Dark Mage: Cord

Knight: Darros

Mercenary: Barst

Post-promotion Male Set B:

Warrior: Caesar

Horseman: Cord

Berserker: Darros

Sorcerer: Macellan

General: Barst

Hero: Draug

Utility:

Lord: Marth

Thief: Rickard

Ballistician: Beck

Manakete: Tiki

Edited by Whitefang

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athena: Myrmidon -> Falcoknight (It's actually really cool to have a sword maining falcoknight)

Alright, I shouldn't have a problem reaching this gaiden, I'll allow it (plus there aren't many female characters to use anyway.

Alright, I shouldn't have a problem reaching this gaiden, I'll allow it (plus there aren't many female characters to use anyway.

Oh, derp, I didn't read the enitre OP. Sorry about that. :\

Yay to hear she's accepted anyway though. :P

Some day you might get it right kiddo

(his promotion)

I said SEMI-decent if that's what you're getting at. ._.

EDIT: Derp, Mage ->Bishop!Vyland

Edited by Maji

Barst: Mercencary -> General

Est: Mage -> Bishop

Thank you!

I think I can work with these guys, though Est will be tough. I can't wait to see my full team. Just 9 more picks to go.

I just wanted to also mention that I will not be warp-skipping, as I did not mention it earlier.

Edited by Whitefang

Feel free to disregard this one:

Wrys: Archer->Sniper

That's fine, but can you change one of his classes? I'd like to have as much variety as possible.

Actually, it's a choice between Archer -> Sage or Archer -> Paladin. For now I'll assume the latter.

And I thought Paladin!Boah was terrible...

Looking back at the list of units, I've let a few rulebreakers through. Athena will be Cleric -> Falcoknight. She'll still have a C sword rank, so the essence of what Darros wanted is still there. (The only Swords I really care about are the Armorslayer and Wyrmslayer, so it doesn't matter much). Otherwise it's pretty much just forged Javelins.

I also need a new class for Roshea. I'll let anyone change his tier 1 or tier 2 class, but not both.

Edited by Whitefang

Yeah, I'll take anybody. I'm interested to see just how efficient this motley crew can be. I've got a spreadsheet with the ATK values needed to XHKO my characters at various levels of development, and it's actually looking like HP is much more important than defense. Though this may be because few of my characters gain much defense at all. Even Lena has 7 defense at base as a Peg Knight.

This leaves me with just a few spots.

I need a female Myrmidon -> Sage

I need a male Curate -> Sage or Swordmaster

Depending on which promotion is chosen, I also need a male Prepromote Sage or Swordmaster

Hunter -> Sorcerer

Dark Mage -> Horseman

Thief

Ballistician

Edited by Whitefang