Favourite Underappreciated Games thread

Narga_Rocks

Mine would have to be the Spellforce series and, well, I'm not sure what else to put here.

Although it may to tough to determine what qualifies for this thread, just go with gut instinct. If the game seemed to be relatively unpopular or didn't sell too well in the country in which you live, and you loved the game, say the game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Underappreciated? Rainbow 6, N64 version. That game was actually pretty cool. Gex - Enter the Gecko and Gex 3 are also fantastic. Croc was pretty entertaining as well if I remember...

Mystical Ninja - Starring Geomon too :3 And Quest 64. There was a lot of unloved games on that system... :o Lagoon on the SNES was pretty entertaining too. A Ys clone.

Does FE count?

From what I've seen, Trauma Center New Blood is quite underappreciated compared to UTK and TT. And only 1 person I know owns it. Anyone else I talk to about it doesn't know it exists.

Edited by Darros

Langrisser and Langrisser II. Langrisser is almost completely ignored despite being the first SRPG in the United States (As Warsong), and Langrisser II gets overshadowed by the Der Langrisser games.

Also, their predecessor series, Elthlead, is almost unknown despite being (arguably) the first SRPG series. ^_^

Does Mother 3 count? Considering it didn't get localized in the first place...

Just because it wasn't localized doesn't mean its fanbase isn't gigantic.

Any game I play.

The Shin Megami Tensei games don't get much love.

You mean besides Persona 3 and 4?

Sakura Taisen, a dating sim/visual novel/strategy game which was one of the reasons I'm learning Japanese right now, Super Robot Wars, a strategy game with the most amazing fight animations, and the other reason I'm learning Japanese, and Treasure Hunter G for the snes, an rpg with a fight system using a grid.

I've grown quite an obsession with the Ys series in a manner of weeks. Granted, I've only played the PSP remake and the Famicom versions of 1 and 2, I've loved the whole crashing into the sides of your enemy concept. Also, the anime of it wasn't that bad if I say so myself.

Other than that, the original Suikoden is awesome and unappreciated seeing as the fanbase faps to nothing but II and V as well as Illusion of Gaia and Soul Blazer, ActRaiser being left out as I believe it was quite a famous thing in UK and Japan, Terranigma is overrated IMO.

Does Mother 3 count? Considering it didn't get localized in the first place...

I suppose technically that would mean it didn't sell well where you live, but I thought it was implied the game would have to be released where you were for it to count. I should have considered games played via emulator or importing and suggested that if it was not localized then use sales and popularity in the original country or countries.

Spellforce is a great series. :P:

YES! Someone has played it.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Other than that, the original Suikoden is awesome and unappreciated seeing as the fanbase faps to nothing but II and V as well as Illusion of Gaia and Soul Blazer, ActRaiser being left out as I believe it was quite a famous thing in UK and Japan, Terranigma is overrated IMO.

Wat. Terranigma is the best of the 3. Go die in a forest fire heathen Go bask in a slightly to hot bath and get slightly singed, incorrect person.

And as for Suikoden, I'm part of the fanbase and I fap to I and III as well...and I'm pretty sure most of the fanbase likes III well enough.

SMT is awesome!! Although I've only played P1 to 4 (Not done with P3P, P4 or P2:EP Though)

Both Digital Devil Sagas are awesome too

And SMT 3

I honestly think King's Bounty is underrated especially here in SIngapore...

I've never seen it in any stores here...