When do you think we will see more info on this?

deuxhero

"Never."

Breaking news, everyone! The day after its announcement, Nintendo has decided to cancel FE13! In a press release the company unveiled its "elaborate hoax" to fuck with fans of the series. Yup, we'll never see another piece of information about this game again.

Edited by Arch

"Never."

Breaking news, everyone! The day after its announcement, Nintendo has decided to cancel FE13! In a press release the company unveiled its "elaborate hoax" to fuck with fans of the series. Yup, we'll never see another piece of information about this game again.

Megaman Legends 3

ANYWAYS GUYZLOL

I can't wait for the Famitsu scans with more info. And I hope they're as treasure-trove as the FE8 scans were years back ;)

It's really kind of hit and miss with these scenarios.

I know for a fact Shadow Dragon was announced in the 2007 Fall Conference in October and it was the May of next year when new info started emerging (so around half a year later!). I also seem to recall Radiant Dawn had a lengthy time between the initial announcement and follow up news, but don't remember the dates.

Then, on the other hand, you have New Mystery being announced in May 2010, details flying around in June and then the game gets released in July.

With this game, I have a feeling it'll follow a more similar pattern to New Mystery, what with its release date being around half a year away. The fact that the official Fire Emblem World site updated recently, perhaps to forshadow this game's announcement, suggests it might update soon with further details on this game (maybe even an official site?).

Edited by VincentASM

Never joke in a Fire Emblem forum.

Ever.

Including right now, myself.

I'd give it a week for some more basic information (it's still not on the official Fire Emblem World site if that means anything) and then a month or two past that for more updates.

EDIT: Vincent just said in the above post that it has made its appearance on FEW. Where, may I ask? Haven't found anything but admittedly haven't searched past a few pages.

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

EDIT: Vincent just said in the above post that it has made its appearance on FEW. Where, may I ask? Haven't found anything but admittedly haven't searched past a few pages.

Nah, there's nothing on this game there.

What I was referring to was the site updating on 6th September with the results from the My Unit enquete, the first time it's been updated for 9 months. There really was no need to wait 9 months just for the enquete results o__o

That game was never truly an announced game. It was still going through the approval process or something.

It was probably still going through approval, but it was definitely announced. There were screenshots, even a demo ready to be released for the eshop (and played by like one journalist) before it got canned.

"Never."

IS would never toy with it's fans like that. They'd never outright announce that it would be cancelled: it's much more likely that they'd just never mention it again, in order to maintain false hope amongst forum-dwellers like ourselves.

Actually, this kind of reminds me... Fire Emblem 64 was announced for release and later it was announced that it was cancelled. However, unlike this game, there was never any media or any kind of info about it (other than it exists).

In any case, I don't even consider for a second that this game will follow the same fate, but just saying : P

Edited by VincentASM

Nintendo Wars on the 64 had the same dilemma. I'm guessing the problem on that console, much as with Metroid 64, is that there just wasn't a foreseeable way of making the transition to 3D, emphasizing the 3D, and still keeping the core gameplay intact.

Megaman Legends 3 was canned because of profits. Sure, fans could clamor for them, and dev members could want to, but Capcom as a corporate entity decided it's not worth the investment when it could just concentrate on cashing in. The 3DS, from a couple sources, is also kinda hard to work with developmentally. It might be too early to say that.

Thus said, there was a lot of content already in the game, including localization efforts. the N64 games were knocked off likely due to the strange ethos the N64 had, Megaman Legends 3 due to money matters. This Fire Emblem? It's a system seller. That's why it's being pushed, and has been. Wasn't that why Intelligent Systems was told to develop specifically for the GameBoy Advance too?

Nintendo Wars on the 64 had the same dilemma. I'm guessing the problem on that console, much as with Metroid 64, is that there just wasn't a foreseeable way of making the transition to 3D, emphasizing the 3D, and still keeping the core gameplay intact.

Didn't stop them from completely changing the core gameplay in Super Mario 64.

Thus said, there was a lot of content already in the game, including localization efforts. the N64 games were knocked off likely due to the strange ethos the N64 had, Megaman Legends 3 due to money matters. This Fire Emblem? It's a system seller. That's why it's being pushed, and has been. Wasn't that why Intelligent Systems was told to develop specifically for the GameBoy Advance too?

Fire Emblem doesn't seem like a system selling title. I was under the impression it was pretty obscure, even in Japan.

Megaman Legends 3

ANYWAYS GUYZLOL

I can't wait for the Famitsu scans with more info. And I hope they're as treasure-trove as the FE8 scans were years back ;)

I lol'd pretty hard: Well played.

I'd venture to say that the only info we'll be getting about this game will be via translations of Famitsu. I doubt NoA even plans to release this here.

Fire Emblem doesn't seem like a system selling title. I was under the impression it was pretty obscure, even in Japan.

In the case of the 3DS it could be a system seller since it has a small pool of good games atm, but it isn't an obscure series in Japan. I mean, it was popular enough to get into Super Smash Brothers (though I think Sakurai is a fan of the series, not really sure).

I'm not sure about Japan, but in the US RPG's are an obscure title overall. Yes, there are fairly popular franchises out there, but generally speaking RPG's aren't anywhere near popular as some of the other genres. Especially SRPG's. Especially when most of the SRPG's are on hand-helds (from what I know).

• 1 month later...