Bizarro Mafia- Game Over

riariadne

victoly  

14 members have voted

1. 1. do i win guys (read: did you enjoy this game)

• Yes
    • No
    • No for reasons that couldn't be controlled by host
    • It was fun but it could've been balanced better
    • abstain

so let's discuss during the night and also ask for what i should do with my night actions

which i dont have oh my god i revealed game content at night what a fucking daredevil i am

this is fucking stupid, there's a reason night isn't "day without lynching" pricks

noc =!= oc, clearly this forum is retarded and cannot grasp such a simple concept

Have you done anything but complain this entire game?

Serious question, btw.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, it's hardly possible for a forum to be retarded, websites don't have brains. Second, rules vary from site to site in lots of ways. That doesn't make anyone else stupid. Do you feel like explaining why you object to the rule?

Have you done anything but complain this entire game?

Serious question, btw.

serious answer: check the fucking topic and then make questions, smartass.

First of all, it's hardly possible for a forum to be retarded, websites don't have brains. Second, rules vary from site to site in lots of ways. That doesn't make anyone else stupid. Do you feel like explaining why you object to the rule?

i'll completely disregard the first part of your post, lmfao

i object to the rule, or rather, lack thereof, because you're stripping the soul away from the concept of a noc game. you're supposed to have no contact. have you played EM and been able to talk to the town during the night? no, unless you have special night meetings for yourself. there's a REASON for this. it's to avoid bullshit like discussing the game at night.

a noc game implicitly comes with the "no talking at night" rule, it's fucking basic.

Yeah, Proto should shoot Slayer.

Hmmm, would that really be a good idea though?

So let's see... let's assume Slayer knew Wen's role somehow... would it make sense for him to claim it?

Probably. After all, Wen Yang was quite inactive, so he probably thought it would have been possible to claim Bodyguard without Wen Yang counterclaiming. Slayer only claimed after he was being voted for, so he resorted to fakeclaiming Bodyguard to save himself, hoping that Wen Yang wouldn't counterclaim and get him lynched. And his assumptions were correct, kinda, because we DID end up lynching Wen Yang first.

And even then, what puzzles me the most is that neither Wen Yang nor Slayer seemed to think that the other was lying. Now, it makes sense for a Mafia Slayer to avoid pushing for a Wen lynch too hard, but that doesn't explain Wen Yang's pathetic defense.

Two of one role would be... interesting, to say the least. But risking losing another BG is a bit iffy IMO. Perhaps a cop should investigate slayer before lynching him tomorrow.

Defending your scumbuddy, eh?

A Cop has better people to investigate.

Know what?

You guys sure love lynching me as a townie.

Hope the maf kills you all.

Seeya.

(Go mafia go!)

Knowing that you were being suspected because of Slayer, why did you never comment on Slayer's claim? All you had to do was at least TRY to defend yourself.

What is wrong with discussing the game at night? Why is it "BS"?

Because it is.

I mean, I don't understand OC, so you have the right to do whatever the fuck you want there. But NOC is designed for no contact at night, and allowing discussion during night phases is... well, what's the fucking point of a night pahse, then? why not simply divide it up intil 'lynch phase' and 'role action phase' instead? I really just don't get it. And arguing over longer or shorter days really makes no sense either, now that I think about it, because when the day ends you get to fucking discuss content at night anyway, so...

I'm only waying, it's what mafia was originally intended to be. People sleep at night. There are insomniacs, yes: the mafia and the power roles, duh!

Also you guuuuuys need to stop taking things so seriously! It's just mafia! If people like SEG and I like a little profanity or picking on people, you gotta stop letting it ofeend you so much.

Also you guuuuuys need to stop taking things so seriously! It's just mafia! If people like SEG and I like a little profanity or picking on people, you gotta stop letting it ofeend you so much.

I like SEG. You on the other hand....mellow.gif

jktongue.gif

Most EM games are played in real time, so having the town talk at night is pointless, as most people are paying attention at that time. Here, it's asynchronous, so it's quite possible for Tables to make a cool comment, then 12-ish hours later, I respond, because I'm on the other side of the world. With 48-hour phases, you're looking at two exchanges tops, with that kind of timing, and that's assuming one of us doesn't get tied up with RL issues. Now imagine playing a real-time mafia game where you can only respond to someone twice during the day.

Because it is.

I mean, I don't understand OC, so you have the right to do whatever the fuck you want there. But NOC is designed for no contact at night, and allowing discussion during night phases is... well, what's the fucking point of a night pahse, then? why not simply divide it up intil 'lynch phase' and 'role action phase' instead?

I actually like this idea, we should just rename the phases. Problem solved.

Defending your scumbuddy, eh?

A Cop has better people to investigate.

Hardly, but do you really want our protective roles dead? Might as well investigate him first, and who are these "better people" anyway?

Hardly, but do you really want our protective roles dead?

I don't want OUR protective roles dead, no. I don't care about YOUR protective roles.

Might as well investigate him first, and who are these "better people" anyway?

Anybody who doesn't already have a ~95% chance of being Mafia.

Edited by Kiku-Ichimonji

I don't want OUR protective roles dead, no. I don't care about YOUR protective roles.

If you don't care about the town's protective roles, then you must be scum.

Anybody who doesn't already have a ~95% chance of being Mafia.

Risk vs reward. Lose a bodyguard or waste a cop investigation? Personally, I'd rather keep the bodyguard, and we can always lynch him tomorrow if he comes up maf.

A Tailor only alters the PMs for investigations iirc. And if that were the case, Slayer would have suggested it earlier. Slayer should have said something far more productive than "I still hold my grounds as being bodyguard". But I'm guessing he gave up in trying to defend himself because now he only needs to convince me, and not the rest of the Town, in order to survive, and I'm not accepting the possibility of multiple Bodyguards.

I did not think of tailor, its possible, yes, but it seems Proto won't take it now. I do hold my groundas a body guard and i said it because every single piece of evidence stacks up against me.

What am i supposed to do, come up with false information?

jesus slayer just give up

could've been believable if you hadn't claimed the same role with a different name, but you fucking did

like, same role same name? sure, i'll take it.

same role, different name? buuuuuuuuuullshiiiiiiiiit

look at me discussing at night, i hope you fuckers are happy with your sleeping pills and insomniac issues

A Tailor only alters the PMs for investigations iirc. And if that were the case, Slayer would have suggested it earlier. Slayer should have said something far more productive than "I still hold my grounds as being bodyguard". But I'm guessing he gave up in trying to defend himself because now he only needs to convince me, and not the rest of the Town, in order to survive, and I'm not accepting the possibility of multiple Bodyguards.

I would have killed him off too, but then again, I am the worst player here so don't bother listening to me.