Bizarro Mafia- Game Over

riariadne

victoly  

14 members have voted

1. 1. do i win guys (read: did you enjoy this game)

• Yes
    • No
    • No for reasons that couldn't be controlled by host
    • It was fun but it could've been balanced better
    • abstain

I will read it and think about it. I can't get better if I only play one style~!

Which is exactly my problem, but I just hate OC because I simply can't wrap my mind around the concept of village leaders

I remember when Spoon first revived mafia here and everyone was just getting the basics of mafia in general, so since the whole OC concept was new, people didn't do this village leader shit and I actually enjoyed the action going on outside of the game

But anyway, um, give me just a bit more time

I actually just realized that what happened to me in the most recent game at CARA is really similar to what happened to me here kinda, and it's an aspect of my personality that constantly translates to my playstyle

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I just hate OC because I simply can't wrap my mind around the concept of village leaders

It's actually perfectly possible to design a game of mafia that allows OC, but discourages town leaders. People here just don't seem to do it much.

It's actually perfectly possible to design a game of mafia that allows OC, but discourages town leaders. People here just don't seem to do it much.

Which is also what I said in the same fucking post

essentially.

There's a difference between not using a village leader because the game is set up to prevent it (suggestion: more cults) and not having a village leader because you want to use a suboptimal strategy to make things more "fun" (I say "fun" because the definition of fun varies from person to person).

Edit: I think this conversation could stand to move to the Village Leaders thread Kaoz made a couple months ago. Click here.

Edited by Paperblade

Even if they are only speculation, would you mind sharing them with us?

Proto raised the subject of their being an interceptor as a reason why he wanted to idle. While traditionally mafia-sided, I could see a town variant, or town driver causing some sort of mischief.

Proto could be lying about idling and have been safeguarded or Slayer could have been hooking some other target the mafia felt more threatening, banking on things going to lynch.

Serial Killer could have an array of Jack-like abilities to buff a role that is typically hard to win with.

I think there were one or two other things I have thought of but forgotten, or ruled out as too ridiculous (Yakuza that reveals a fake role PM when converting) but everything is just pure conjecture on roles that I have no idea whether they exist or are in the game.

Rein... would have told us if it had been a modkill. I assume.

Meh some questions that I'd like everyone to answer... pretty much the same as last time because I didn't find a new source to copy from yet and Bizz didn't link me to anything.

1. Who would you lynch today (NL is not an option)?I absolutely despise NLing and I think I will vote for either Eclipse or Bizz)

2. Who do you think is more likely mafia?(I think they are both mafia and they are trying to pull another Proto+Kevin as they had pulled in School boy)

3. Who do you think is more likely town?(Kaoz,Proto is being really weird because of not killing Slayer and giving a silly excuse like interceptor because the doctor would have been dead or else)

4. Your thoughts about the number of kills tonight.(three if Proto kills, or just two)

Proto could be lying and he could have actually gone for the kill

It cannot be a mafia thing because "why the hell would they kill one of their own?"

It shouldn't be a SK special cause I see no reason for the SK to go after the mafia when SOME coward was supposed to shoot him either ways

It is most likely a town role, but it is most likely not a one shot unless the person knew well enough his priority is below Proto's.

Blitzy, if I am Town, WHY ON WEYARD WOULD I HAVE LIED ABOUT MY ACTION?????

And if you're going to suggest I am Mafia/SK, then it also means I could not have caused the third kill. Once again, you have to consider another role out there that caused the kill. And no, Clipsey!, it doesn't have to be a kill-based role, but it just happened to result in a death in this phase.

"Result in a death"? You mean something passive, like Bomb?

If I'm on the wrong track, feel free to yell at me.

Well, I did mention the possibility of a Paranoid Gun Owner. And stuff like Skitzo or a Redirector, that may cause deaths. Either way, I'm fairly sure it's some uncommon role, because I know I idled.

Well, I did mention the possibility of a Paranoid Gun Owner. And stuff like Skitzo or a Redirector, that may cause deaths. Either way, I'm fairly sure it's some uncommon role, because I know I idled.

Paranoid Gun Owner - would that be equivalent to Granny?

Skitzo - what does this do?

Redirector - doesn't that just channel the kill elsewhere?

Paranoid Gun Owner - would that be equivalent to Granny?

Passive role that shoots anybody that targets it. Doesn't nullify their actions though.

Skitzo - what does this do?

Chooses a target, but the action applied is chosen at random from a list of actions (usually kill/roleblock/protect/investigate). The Skitzo usually has access to the list.

Redirector - doesn't that just channel the kill elsewhere?

Uh, AFAIK it forces player X to target player Y. Which could have been used to force me to shoot Slayer

I like how Eclipse isn't reacting to the suspicions of her at all, hahaha. I just get a funny feeling from that.

also sorry I'm really busy, I'll be back later again

now I feel like you're only suspicious of me because everyone else is but whatever I'll explain when I have to I guess

Technically, if no one has any idea and the numbers I got are correct, we would have a 33% chance of hitting a non-townie through random lynching...

Bal, are you voting for Darros based on lack of activity or are there other factors?

The lack of current activity hurts his case, but to me it also seemed like there was a lot of empty posting earlier that either stated the obvious, pointlessly echoed consensus, or otherwise felt fishy.

Scumhunting is not an exact science and I've never been all that good at it, I admit.

I'll come out in the open with this.

I shot Slayer.

My role was one in which I had one kill, that could be used at day or night phase. It bypassed all protections save the Night 0 no-kill bit. I used it to shoot Slayer last night. The reason I'm just stating this now was because the PM was worded weirdly and I was unsure on how often it could be used, I needed confirmation from Luka. I'm just a vanilla townie now, sorry about the confusion I caused.

I thought that Vig would have higher priority, mine is only King Diamonds. And if he got to the kill first, my action wouldn't count for anything (this might be me being a mafia idiot though).