Best/Worst in the Series: Round 108

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tethys to worst wat. Are you guys forgetting Nils only has LM (Which he's totally uneeded for) and Endgame at FE7? Is that worst than Tethys, who's at least available for half of the game?

Tethys to worst wat. Are you guys forgetting Nils only has LM (Which he's totally uneeded for) and Endgame at FE7? Is that worst than Tethys, who's at least available for half of the game?

To be fair, Nils has those Rings and is around for (in my opinion) one of the more difficult chapters in the series.

I've always considered Nils/Ninian the same unit, myself.

Care to enlighten me on how Tethys can be ferried particularly effectively? I mean, she can't move the turn you drop her, so she's getting one turn on, one-two off, one turn on, etc. I'm not saying she isn't useful, but I just don't see that being as helpful as other healers I've done much with. And enemy phase is still important. In my experience, a lot of what is done as far as clearing enemies in your way is done then. It's been a while since I've played FE8's lategame, though, so it is entirely possible I'm misremembering.

Edited by Rewjeo

Turn 1: Dance to. . .dunno who. Someone useful. Meanwhile, have a spare unit Rescue, and another one take and drop.

Turns 2-n: Repeat, and as long as you have a couple of spare units, you can continue this.

To be fair, Nils has those Rings and is around for (in my opinion) one of the more difficult chapters in the series.

Hence my reasoning for giving him an honorable mention and saying he's something like a precursor to Valkyria Chronicles 2's Anthem Corps class. The difference between Ninian and Nils and the Anthem Corps is that Anthem Corps units do have combat utility to use in addition to stat buffs. And besides, Nils barely requires any action to perform as much as his sister and vice versa. Edited by Cybernetic Ghost

Best: Nils

Honorable mentions: Reyson, Tethys

Worst: Ninian

Dishonorable mentions: Sylvia, Leen

Edit: forgot about Ninian

Edited by Mercakete

Care to enlighten me on how Tethys can be ferried particularly effectively? I mean, she can't move the turn you drop her, so she's getting one turn on, one-two off, one turn on, etc. I'm not saying she isn't useful, but I just don't see that being as helpful as other healers I've done much with. And enemy phase is still important. In my experience, a lot of what is done as far as clearing enemies in your way is done then. It's been a while since I've played FE8's lategame, though, so it is entirely possible I'm misremembering.

You pick her up and drop her in the same turn:

-Tethys moves and refreshes

-Forde picks her up and cantos forward

-Kyle drops and and cantos to use up the rest of his movement

And at the beginning of the next turn, Tethys is ready to dance again.

Best: Lara, because her utility gives a lot more output in comparison to other dancers. Case in point, refreshing a Warp-user. Also, movement stars are just hilarious. ^_^

Worst: Tethys

I haven't played FE10 and New Mystery, so no opinion on them.

You pick her up and drop her in the same turn:

-Tethys moves and refreshes

-Forde picks her up and cantos forward

-Kyle drops and and cantos to use up the rest of his movement

And at the beginning of the next turn, Tethys is ready to dance again.

Eh, I see how that can be helpful for super low turns, but the way I tend to play (relatively low, but not super low) the 8 MOV is enough and I'd rather not use two of my units on moving her every turn. I can't say that's not effective, but in my opinion, Tethys's situation makes her the least useful of the dancers I've used much for the way I use them. In a purely objective situation, though, like the tier list, I would take that, but in this situation it doesn't persuade me she helps me all that much.

Eh, I see how that can be helpful for super low turns, but the way I tend to play (relatively low, but not super low) the 8 MOV is enough and I'd rather not use two of my units on moving her every turn.

Well, that's fair enough, but most Dancers or Bards have the same problem. At least you can overcome Tethys' movement problems with intelligent play, whereas Feena is stuck with her crappy movement and no way to fix it.