If Radiant Dawn Got a Remake

NyanKitteh

So, I was thinking that, although Radiant Dawn is a great game, there are a bunch of little things that I would change about it. For example...

-Add support conversations

-Make parts 2 and 4 longer

-Add more extra content, e.g., trial maps, a free play mode where you can select characters and do a map, etc.

-Get rid of fixed promotions >:(

-FIX AVAILABILITY! FOr instance, let you play as Elincia more in part 2, let Pelleas join in part 1 (on second playthrough, maybe), let dragons join you before the endgame, etc.

-Generally add more balance

-Make Micaiah faster

So, what would you change?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would give the DB a few more maps in Part 3 and this time, make them all subsequent. 3-6 is followed by 3-12, 3-13, and like 3 new maps. That way they'd have more time to grow to catch up to the GM. I'd make part 4 have a few more rout maps before the tower. Geoffrey would join in 3-10 OR maybe have some more CRK maps before 3-11.

Make Ike able to marry Elincia to shut up those annoying, clueless fangirls/boys who think he's gay even though this is a nintendo game Facepalm_emote_gif.gif. Also make Pelleas playable starting in 3-12.

I'm more interested in a sequel than a remake anyway.

Edited by Xanderdog

Magic users and paladins not have terrible caps.

Magic actually performing something of use.

Ridiculous differences in movement lowered.

Less units who trivialize maps. Haar, Nailah, The Black Knight, Sothe, Tibarn, Giffca, and Caineghis are all units in particular who are basically invincible at some point in the game. And other than the BK, they all have ridiculous movement, and 2 have flight. You have to assume at some point IS said to themselves "Do you think this will be balanced? Awh, fuck it."

An endgame that provides a real challenge, preferably with the laguz you get in part 4 having worse power. It's dumb to raise and train units all game, only to have Tibarn, Giffca, and Caineghis show up and dominate them, in both movement and combat, no matter what you do, particularly if they have bad caps.

Make Ike able to marry Elincia to shut up those annoying, clueless fangirls/boys who think he's gay even though this is a nintendo game Facepalm_emote_gif.gif. Also make Pelleas playable starting in 3-12.

I'm more interested in a sequel than a remake anyway.

Actully even if it is a nintendo game, there is a rather questionable sexuality in Heather. Just because its nintendo doesn't stop them from adding a homosexual character.

Actully even if it is a nintendo game, there is a rather questionable sexuality in Heather. Just because its nintendo doesn't stop them from adding a homosexual character.

It's debatable whether or not Heather is in fact a lesbian (though I suppose she probably is), and when has Nintendo added an openly gay character to a game before?

Don't tell me you actually believe Ike is gay too? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Xanderdog

I'm 100% sure Heather is lesbian, why else does she despise men but openly flirts with women?

ElinciaxGeoffrey, Ike is for Soren or Ranulf he can run away with either i'm sure thats a big hint

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

It's debatable whether or not Heather is in fact a lesbian (though I suppose she probably is), and when has Nintendo added an openly gay character to a game before?

Don't tell me you actually believe Ike is gay too? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

I don't think he is gay but your logic as to why he wouldn't be gay really makes no sense. Just because its nintendo doesn't mean he isn't one.

If this where to get a remake, i'd like to see, the ability of being able to select certain yellow units and direct them somewhere (I mean didviding the yellow army into sets and have each set be given different orders).

ElinciaxGeoffrey, Ike is for Soren or Ranulf he can run away with either i'm sure thats a big hint

I again reiterate why FE10 canon means nothing to me.

*Note: Boyd x Mist, Ike x Soren/Ranulf/Both, Zihark and Ilyana forever alone.

Here's one people will agree about with me.

ACTUAL SUPPORT CONVERSATIONS.

Well, not just that. Fix it so that you can't just support EVERYONE WITH ANYONE. Support conversations in the games were a source of extra character development AS WELL as a strategic bonus. Now it's JUST a strategic bonus and character development suffered IMMENSELY.

I know you can only have a certain level of character development with this many characters, but COME ON, cutting it to "Generic greeting to *character A*" is just... wrong.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Supports, like a million times. And the rest of the first post too.

I honestly don't see what the problem is with leaving the sexuality of any given character up in the air. Unless the character outright states a preference for either, both, any, or none, it's hard to prove much, and whether there's proof or not, it doesn't really matter who they like. Ike could be gay, or just platonic bros with his supports, or anything at all-- why does it matter?

make growths actually fit the characters (meg's speed growth?)

make caps higher, to get less generic characters in the end.

cats actually being useful (I'd love to see cats use magic, like how herons use magic songs (galdr) and white dragons attack with magic. cats should be using spells to enhance crit or make the transform bar deplete less fast)

decrease the strength of mastery skills (not remove them completely, just find a nice balance between FE9 and FE10 masteries)

thieves and sorts get a mastery skill that gives them pass, makes them able to steal equipped weapons and not get slowed down by climbing ledges or certain floors. (instead of attacking, which they don't need)

Here's one people will agree about with me.

ACTUAL SUPPORT CONVERSATIONS.

I disagree.

There's only one thing I want: a New Game+ mode where you have every character available for every chapter in the game at reduced base level. It would make the game more like a traditional FE and would permit players to use characters that otherwise are never around.

I'd rather have sort of a patch than a remake, with the support fixes and maybe some extra content (chapters most likely). It's sort of in the same spirit of the thread, though, so eh, why not discuss it.

As for why it would be controversial-- I suppose the usual moral guardian types might get their panties in a bunch over it, but who the hell cares about them anyway. Other than them, I don't see who would make a mess of it.

Edited by Kiryn

Well think about it @ulki. Why would nintendo make an openly gay character knowing how controversial it would be? It'd be very out of character for them to do something like that.

Is it conroversial for heather to be in the game? I mean its fairly obvious, and even if she doesn't say it, most people take her for a lesbian. Besides the Ike being gay thing would happen no matter what. There are things like BoydXUlki, eventhough Boyd marries Mist.

Don't tell me you actually believe Ike is gay too?

No, i think he's asexual. (though it is left up to the interpretation of the player to assume what his feelings are for Soren.) Its pretty obvious what Soren thinks though. ;) As for Ranulf, i see that as two friends embarking on a new adventure. Also the idea of homosexual characters is a very interesting one and should be explored more. Bah tradition!

I would add a support system like PoR's which in my opinion is the best support system in the series. I see WHY they made RD's supports the way they did but still...its disappointing.

I would also like to see a bit more balance with characters and classes. Much less Game Breaker characters like Nailah.

Part 2 would be longer. At least two chapters added.

DB having more chapters in Part 3. (though this would make part 3 a bit longer)

If i had my way, i would tweak the plot a bit and have Micaiah find out her true identity a different way. (comes off way too Sue-ish for me the way it is.)

More pairings/special endings.

I totally agree with the one who said Pelleas should be playable a lot sooner.

-Make mastery skills require Occult Scrolls, and depower them a bit. Please.

-Shove shouldn't take up 5 skill capacity. Resolve boosts STR like it says in the description.

-No auto-promotions.

-Be ABLE to support with EVERYONE, but specific detailed conversations for certain pairs.

-Make HM be able to see enemy range and all that. Less fake difficulty, please.

-Ilyana auto levels a few levels (or auto promotes if not already promoted) before she gets to the GMs, her speed cap is increased, and her magic growth is increased.

-Micaiah's MAG and RES growths are lowered. Maybe MAG to like, 50% and RES to 60%ish. Speed is bumped up to 40%ish.

-Pelleas is playable in part 1 onwards after the second playthrough.

-Ena is playable in 4-1 (probably forced), and increase her STR growth and decrease her MAG growth.

-More chapters in part 2.

-In 3-10, make the CRKs, especially Elincia, not suicidal.

-More commands for yellow units because they are complete dumbasses right now. Like, make allied bishops heal but stay out of the range of enemies and don't move when otherwise you'd be completely safe.

-The LEA stays with the DB through part 3 and are able to be recruited to the GMs like Zihark and Jill. Vika also has her STR and MAG growth switched.

-Make Jill have better bases with more strength as well as Fiona being level 10 with slightly better bases. Tauroneo is depowered in favor of Jill, who is young and her STR and HP shouldn't be the same as 3 years ago unlike Tauro, who is old (and an armor too) and shouldn't have gotten a massive speed boost. Also make armors in general slower. Also, make Sothe sort of weaker. He was a complete shrimp 3 years ago, and I understand that he grew, but still. Since balance was screwed anyway, why not?

-Depower the laguz royals just a bit. I think Nailah is fine (in part 4), but Tibarn could be nerfed a bit since he wtfpwns everything he touches anyway.

-People's CONs fixed. Soren goes from 7->6 and Neph goes from 9->7, and I'd like it to be their old PoR CONs. Maybe Nailah's CON and WT could go up one.

-Laguz EXP gain fixed. Make them gain less experience untransformed but when they're transformed, make them gain more than the abyssmal amount they gain now.

-Make an arms scroll type item for the laguz, because being stuck at A strike in endgame sucks.

Edited by CR-S01

Less units who trivialize maps. Haar, Nailah, The Black Knight, Sothe, Tibarn, Giffca, and Caineghis are all units in particular who are basically invincible at some point in the game. And other than the BK, they all have ridiculous movement, and 2 have flight. You have to assume at some point IS said to themselves "Do you think this will be balanced? Awh, fuck it."

No one is forcing you to use them, you know!