Survey on Fun

Paperblade

1. Since you're a regular here, you likely enjoy normal mafia. Do you have preferences on two mafia vs. one mafia?

2. How do you feel about neutrals (such as Wolf/Serial Killer, Cult, and other odd win conditions)?

3. How do you feel about RNG in roles (for example, roles that have a % chance of working/doing something that would change how you want it to work)?

5. How do you feel about roles that are only useful upon death (such as bomb)?

6. How do you feel about moling roles (such as godfather)?

6a. On a broader note, how do you feel about roles that cause the host to be an unreliable source of information

7. How do you feel about recruitment?

1) One mafia.

2) Generally enjoy.

3) Dislike in most cases.

5) I don't mind them.

6) I like them.

6a) Other than stuff like godfather, I dislike having an untruthful host.

7) Scripted recruitment is terrible. I like stuff such as Cult and Recruiting Mason, though.

Since I posted them, I'll answer them.

1. Town Bomb, a la Fear the Pika's role in Pokemon TCG Mafia. If you guys are that insistent on shooting me N1, I think you should suffer the consequences of your folly.

2. Me (SK bomb), getting Haze (town) to convince Core (mafia) to shoot me (Ivalice Mafia). Nothing against Core, but it was very amusing having Haze do my dirty work without him knowing that I was kinda helping the town. . .just not in a way that he expected.

Runner-up was me seeing my stupid post restriction on Snike in action in Mafia of the Gods.

1. Mafia Cop. I don't mind playing as town, but I think I'm not as good at it.

2. Favorite game, Sacred Stones Mafia. Favorite moment in any game, probably when me and Paperblade managed to get Wen Yang lynched in FE10 Mafia.

1. Since you're a regular here, you likely enjoy normal mafia. Do you have preferences on two mafia vs. one mafia?

I prefer two mafia due to the added complexity but I hate the ratios we have here, at least with how few people are playing. 12/3/3 or whatever nasty thing we had is awful.

2. How do you feel about neutrals (such as Wolf/Serial Killer, Cult, and other odd win conditions)?

I feel they're necessary for a game to have flavor. People think Mexican food is delicious but it's not. Tex Mex is good because it's Mexican food with seasoning. Actual Mexican food is quite bland and I've discovered this the hard way. A game with just townies and mafia (two mafia is an acceptable substitute however) can get pretty boring. Particularly well made games are fine but does anyone here do that

3. How do you feel about RNG in roles (for example, roles that have a % chance of working/doing something that would change how you want it to work)?

Utter bullshit. Get that crap outta here

(Yes I'm aware I did it in Death Note but that was to match the flavor of the show which fortunately had 95% success rates)

4. Would you be interested in an anonymous game (such as Train Mafia 2 or TotA)?

They're way better than regular games

5. How do you feel about roles that are only useful upon death (such as bomb)?

They're dumb

People want to play the game not be used up.

6. How do you feel about moling roles (such as godfather)?

Very risky, but generally acceptable especially if there's some warning.

6a. On a broader note, how do you feel about roles that cause the host to be an unreliable source of information

Awful. Get that crap outta here.

7. How do you feel about recruitment?

It should be noted in phase updates if it can break the game. TotA for example would be fine without notifications because everyone should have known what was going on. In a game where someone can be recruited at a time that makes them extremely lucky and thus destroys the chances of the opposition it would be complete bullshit to not let that faction know that they need to reconsider their information. Recruitment completely undermines cop roles otherwise and a game without any cops effectively or otherwise has to be designed particularly well to be fair. Scumhunting is grand but it's not foolproof (it's the exact opposite actually, hence why no one wants to try it).

8. Would you be interested in a game in which all players are out for themselves, but do not necessarily have win conditions that preclude them from winning with others (i.e. the game would not just be 16 serial killers who have "You are allied with yourself. You win if everyone else is dead.")? An example would be that they have to kill specific roles, but don't know who that user is.

Possibly. I don't think I would like it too much if it deviated too far from a game with 2 or 3 factions unless there were plenty of people.

9. Would you be interested in a game that uses an HP system, and lynches/night "kills" do damage?

I've considered hosting one myself. I don't have the patience for it but if someone else does I'd probably play (if it were OC!).

10. Would you be interested in a game based off of a card game (you draw a card every cycle, play a card from your hand of some number N as an action, etc.)

Definitely

11. Considering our community, what do you think is a good size for a game?

I prefer games with at least 20 people, but above 25 or so and it'd go from being a game I'd consider good for competition to one I'd play just for the craziness, which might not be what players want. Screwing around is nice now and then but it's like choosing between Halo and Mario Party; I can't play the latter as long as the former because I get tired of the stupid bullshit that happens after a while. Oh wait it's like that with both games bad example

12. What is your favorite role to play as, and why?

A killing role. Preferably one without stupid restrictions.

What do you mean why? I get to KILL shit. I end lives.

13. Name your favorite mafia and/or moment in a mafia that you were directly involved in.

TotA. Fucking with Rein and the rest of Kimlasca. Also Life

1. What is your favorite role to play as, and why?

Recruitment. Cult, Mason, etc. Unfortunately, it's rather, ah, divisive. Neutrals in general are pretty fun.

2. Name your favorite mafia and/or moment in a mafia that you were directly involved in.

EM: Most EM games suck, but there was a game where I was culted N1. D1, the detective had a guilty on the leader, so I cc'd. The mafia shot the det, and I get lynched. The next day, the mafia that shot him got lynched, and we won on D3.

SF: Stealth lynching Rein and Proto in BSM. Haze and me bros4life

Smogon: The entire plan to sell out the wolf (who was leading the town) in MM2, even though it ultimately didn't pan out (we did win, though >_>)

The role I never get- cop.

It's fun.

2. Name your favorite mafia and/or moment in a mafia that you were directly involved in.

SFMM. All of it.

@Paperblade: No mention I was leader that game but you like lynching me

:(:

1. Mafia Cop. I enjoy playing as Mafia much more than Town, and being able to know what the players can do just feels really good. And it helps a lot in trying to manipulate the Town, which is the Mafia's main challenge.

2. Favorite game, Metal Gear Mafia, but if you're going to restrict it to this forum, then Pokemon TCG Mafia. Both those games required me to pull off some pretty interesting mindgames which I enjoyed a lot. My favorite moment is probably Night 5 on TCG, when I decided to no-kill and Joshaymin completely lost his head when I pretended to give up on the game.

Probably tracker, simply because it isn't screwed with as easily as a cop, requires you to pay more attention, and can be used for a multitude of purposes.

What I absolutely hate playing as is cop. I pull it in damn near every single game.

Probably my winning streak in SF mafia mafia, even if (or maybe even because) part of it was me actually being lucky for a change.

No preferences. Whether I enjoy myself depends on the overall structure of the game.

Not answering this until you define "directly involved" better.

Not answering this until you define "directly involved" better.

Yes, sir!

Either a mafia you took part in, or some sequence of actions that you were directly a part of (or possibly behind) that amused you. . .or both.

Ray, I am VERY disappointed in you. Replacing Remilia with anyone other than Sakuya? Monster.

Says someone who has Lyn for an avatar

I like both of them, but all of my favorites deserve some time in the spotlight. :newyears:

Protective roles in general. I just love the way I can cockblock my opponents

FE10 mafia because I liked the multifaction shit.

Says someone who has Lyn for an avatar

I like both of them, but all of my favorites deserve some time in the spotlight. :newyears:

excuse you

what's wrong with lyn

In that case, Unicycle.

hee

Edited by Obviam

I have no preference. When I have something important I get stressed and when I'm not important I feel useless lol.

I don't have a favorite. they are all basically the same in my book. Well except for Death Note mafia. Any game is better than Death note mafia.

As an independent definately (like an SK not some silly survivor).

I can't recall any...