Best/Worst in the Series: Round 109

NinjaMonkey

I think taking a RussiaFE style is effecient. "Effeciency" isn't "lowest turncounts possible", Interceptor said that before, and that is exactly what you're aiming for when you decide to trivialize the game with high-powered units with great mobility. Of course, taking on the RussiaFE style doesn't mean I'll go for weak scrubs either, but rather characters that are still strong but don't go trivializing maps in 5 turns and make it boring like that.

I...

I don't even know what to do with this.

Are you trolling me, Soul?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One unit can't cover the whole game. Not even Seth can do that, and that's why Seth-soloes aren't effecient.

Wrong. Sethsoloes are not efficient because he takes a bajillion turns on routs while rescuing base-level lord so the lord doesn't die. Seth can cover the whole game. I've done it.

I...

Considering Int lampooned Smash's iconic "CommunistFE" style, I think that's a fair assumption.

So far, it looks like Radiant Dawn has a chance of being both the most balanced FE and the least balanced. I don't think anything like that has happened in these before. Save Lyon being evil coming in third for both best and worst plot twist, but that's not really the same, as there are far fewer proper plot twists.

My vote:

Most balanced: FE10

Least balanced: FE5

I...

I'm sorry, we just think differently.

Wrong. Sethsoloes are not efficient because he takes a bajillion turns on routs while rescuing base-level lord so the lord doesn't die. Seth can cover the whole game. I've done it.

He takes a bajillion turns because he can't be at two places at once. That's what I meant.

Considering Int lampooned Smash's iconic "CommunistFE" style, I think that's a fair assumption.

Interceptor was quite serious when he said that.

FE10 is REALLY balanced:

- Fast Armormed enemies that shouldn't be fast!

- Sucky enemy Paladins that shouldn't be sucky!

- Enemy Tigers that 2HKO most of your characters in DB's Part 3!

- Laguz Royals!

- Overpowered Mastery skills!

- The fact that weaker characters are pretty much useless in HM.

- BEXP cut 75% in HM along with buffed enemies.

It has everything. :awesome:

By the way, Mages couldn't be any more suck in this game than any other.

You do not know what you're talking about.

Least balanced- FE 10. Th thing about 4 is the fact that we can basically decide the difficulty of the later half. But in FE 10, it is guaranteed that we're stuck with the oerpowered GMs.

I can't help but laugh, seeing as you're pretty much admitting FE4's even more unbalanced than RD is, short of just stating it directly.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Of course I do.

I guess not, seeing as you didn't mention the laguz royals were only available for part 4 for the most part because it was detrimental to your case.

Interceptor was quite serious when he said that.

I'm pretty sure that though efficiency doesn't mean "lowest turn count," it doesn't in any way imply "spread all resources equally" either.

But I can use your own defense against you as well.

Do you know why the people at TvTropes even say the trainees are "broken"? That's right, the Tower and Skirmishes. :/ That can be used on any unit, and it doesn't cost you any turns (worth counting) while FE9 costs you BEXP you can use on other units.

You do realise that was before Dark Sage set everything straight. Right?

So far, it looks like Radiant Dawn has a chance of being both the most balanced FE and the least balanced. I don't think anything like that has happened in these before. Save Lyon being evil coming in third for both best and worst plot twist, but that's not really the same, as there are far fewer proper plot twists.

Because those votes for best probably only played Ephraim mode.

Unless you're trolling, trust me. You are going nowhere.

Then I want to know why FE10's the most balanced. :/

I'm pretty sure that though efficiency doesn't mean "lowest turn count," it doesn't in any way imply "spread all resources equally" either.

Well, I guess it stands at neither side, then. =P

FE10 is REALLY balanced:

- Fast Armormed enemies that shouldn't be fast!

- Sucky enemy Paladins that shouldn't be sucky!

- Enemy Tigers that 2HKO most of your characters in DB's Part 3!

I don't see your point. What does this have to do with balance? FE8 is considered to be easy. Does that make it balanced? FE4 has exceptionally slow armoured enemies. Does that make it balanced?

- Laguz Royals!

I don't see how Laguz Royals are any more OP than say, Pent, Athos, Harken, Niime, Galzus, or Sety. Maybe it should be more like FE9 and have every single lategame joiner be useless?

- Overpowered Mastery skills!

Mastery skills actually help balance the game since it buffs the offense of weaker units and provides healing for the otherwise frail Archsages. The really good units aren't helped by Masteries and the weak units are.

- The fact that weaker characters are pretty much useless in HM.

There are plenty of useless characters in every FE. In fact, FE10 has a very low proportion of truly useless characters.

- BEXP cut 75% in HM along with buffed enemies.

The game is difficult: ergo, it's unbalanced.

Most: FE10

Least: FE4

I love how often these things turn into debates on people's votes. It's always entertaining to read, so this time I'd like to thank NM for being the first to ask the question "why" and Soul for taking up the active role started by NM, because you can't have a debate with only one side.

I don't see your point. What does this have to do with balance? FE8 is considered to be easy. Does that make it balanced? FE4 has exceptionally slow armoured enemies. Does that make it balanced?

I don't see how Laguz Royals are any more OP than say, Pent, Athos, Harken, Niime, Galzus, or Sety. Maybe it should be more like FE9 and have every single lategame joiner be useless?

Mastery skills actually help balance the game since it buffs the offense of weaker units and provides healing for the otherwise frail Archsages. The really good units aren't helped by Masteries and the weak units are.

There are plenty of useless characters in every FE. In fact, FE10 has a very low proportion of truly useless characters.

The game is difficult: ergo, it's unbalanced.

Read the post above you. Sorry for making you type all that.

Edited by Soul

I don't think FE9 lategame joiners are really useless, depending upon what one counts as lategame I guess. Tanith/Calill/Haar/Geoffrey are all somewhat useful (Tanith very much so). Then there are characters like Largo and Ranulf who aren't great, but they're not terrible either.

Most: FE6

Least: FE4

Soul, I recommend you actually learn how to debate balance properly before opening your mouth. Otherwise, you'll end up sounding like this guy.

I believe that was me.

Dondon really did clean up the page. I may have alerted him, Anouleth, and other people of the Game Breaker page's awfulness, but dondon actually did the work in cleaning it up.

I don't think FE9 lategame joiners are really useless, depending upon what one counts as lategame I guess. Tanith/Calill/Haar/Geoffrey are all somewhat useful (Tanith very much so). Then there are characters like Largo and Ranulf who aren't great, but they're not terrible either.

Tanith isn't really lategame.