FE12 Low Level Run

Well, um, Colonel M's planned communist (?) run for this seems to have not gone through. Or something. I feel it is my duty to take up his burden.

Unfortunately for the purposes of my filling his shoes, Colonel M is an outstanding player. I am merely, like, somewhat above-average, but by no means a stalwart. So I'll be toughing it out through the baby mode tutorial just to make these even REMOTELY possible.

Lowest-level motherfuckers every chapter. Whatever classes and shit I want them in.

Seventy-seven characters. I'd say five of them are allowed to die, because that's how many CM allowed himself, but I'd probably fuck that up somehow and accidentally bar myself from Samto Killing Edge Cavalier utility that turns out to be vital at an annoyingly crucial moment.

Or something.

One crutch I will be giving myself that I cannot recall if CM had; I will permit myself to promote units before the twentieth level of unpromoted fail.

I do not believe my reclassing will be optimal. I believe it will be distinctly suboptimal. Nevertheless, advice will be extremely helpful, and I may even act upon it.

Since My Unit is rape personified, I shall be using my standard Cavalier -> Sniper. While this is a bad idea, it does not worry me in the slightest.

It is very possible I will fail.

Final and most important note:

47fece185607dbdcfa1059b5e4125acb.png

If you want something done, do it with an idealised, green-hair sub-persona of yourself.

Self... BEGIN!

Edited by Furetchen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PROLOGUE 1

The only part I have the balls/time/care in the world to do right now

Turn 1

PP: GET OUT OF MY FUCKING FACE YOU TUTORIALLING LITTLE SHITHEAD

I dislike Katarina. Somewhat.

EP: The Soldier arrives.

Turn 2

PP: It is revealed the soldier does two damage against me. He implodes.

EP: Jagen shows up and loses to me in, uh... 3 strength, 3 defence, 2 HP, even a point of MAGIC. He's lost his rank from the war, as well, although he trumps me in sword rank and a point of utterly superfluous resistance.

Turn 3

PP: I throw myself at him, demanding a hug. He also does a similarly putrid deuce of hit point damage against me.

EP: d36a1618e68ace3eefc36c873b325fb2.png

OUT OF MY WAY, MOTHERFUCKER! I'VE A WAR TO PROBABLY BASICALLY SOLO

1775b07c5a5af05ee15a932e20e5e43c.png

I feel... less cocky than before.

I'll start compiling stats after the prologue. For now, all I need to know is that was a horrible level but I can probably still beat the prologue in my sleep.

I'm guessing it's a good plan to train Athena and Est so they don't suck later? What about Draug vs. Ogma?

Oh, right, I'm using the save of Sirius' with everything unlocked. One day I'll beat Lunatic, using the very tools only available after a Lunatic victory.

And Casual Mode.

I love Casual Mode. I wish it was turned on.

PROLOGUE TWO

I was lying.

NEW UNITS RECEIVED

RYAN

ca75a6cc516c7e13de9d30bb7c0d37ce.png

Now, I try to use most units at least once (over my two playthroughs, which have shared a few units, but whatever, that's my theory) but I've just never really had a place for Ryan in my teams, let alone in my heart. He's just good old angsty teen Gordin with a worse haircut and the similar pugdog face. New Gordin, on the other hand, is both hot and competent. And has a storyline and shit now.

Still, say what you want about his personality, Ryan looks pretty good. I figure if I can hit him up with a faster class, probably Pirate or Mercenary, he'll do alright.

TURN ONE

PP: Rody is hiding from me. Rrgh! I take out my frustrations on an inexplicably terrible Luke.

EP: He smacks Ryan up some in reprisal, but for some reason Ryan's a total tank. I've always said that Archanean Archers were more like Bow Armour, but ... man, it's starting to show. Against a Normal Mode swordsman. Whatever, I-

TURN TWO

PP: -snipe him on player phase and wait for Rody.

EP: Who shows up now. Damn, NM Prologue is slow on the ball.

TURN THREE

PP: Ciaran throws himself at Rody and Ryan attempts to keep up. Green guy's twoshot exactly, but I figure Rody'll heal himself on the EP, then attack Ryan. Either guy he attacks he's down next PP.

EP: Yeah,

TURN FOUR

PP: that happened. Ryan's on 70 EXP... damn, neither of them are bosses. More's the pity.

Right, I'll rush through 3 tomorrow.

...Okay, I'm going to do the rest of the Prologue offscreen. My FUCKING COMPUTER DECIDED TO BLUESCREEN AFTER THREE FUCKING CHAPTERS OF THIS SHIT so I'm just FUCKING LUCKY I SAVED.

The game. Not the post. You get nothing today.

Went Athena route. Basically powering Rody and Ryan, giving other kills to Ciaran and Luke. Merric's too good. So's Shiida. I'll just... yeah.

Edited by Furetchen

• 2 weeks later...

Let me find my flash drive and I'll try this again too. It was pretty fun to do!

But you are my favorite non-commie, so you're good to fill my shoes.

Edited by Kitty M

PROLOGUE FIVE

Fuck this

I don't even

no

I refuse to even remember this chapter

Ryan still hasn't gained strength

PROLOGUE SIX -- DRAUG

Bacon time

UNIT SELECTION

Now, what you're meant to do to Draug is to Merric the shit out of him.

Merric starts at level 10.

Hm.

Well, Ryan has an obscene amount of speed (well, seven) but hasn't yet gained strength. With a steel bow he can do respectable damage, but without he's just doing 1x2. Steel Lance on MU will do most of the damage, I'd think.

CIARAN

LUKE

RYAN

RODY

SHIIDA

NEW UNITS RECEIVED

CECILLE

That defence says it all, she'll be a monster to try and control. Still, she won't be TOO bad, I guess. I've heard of Mage!Cecilles... is this at all advisable? Or, since it will rely on bases FAR more than growths, not?

There'll be far better, but you can do worse than Cecille. Full analysis will come in Chapter One.

GAME ON

Straightforward. I still blatantly overpower everything. I fuck my trading up a little, but all is well as Rody, Ryan and Luke get their Steels. Ciaran blocks the south and hits the soldier. Ryan chips the northern soldier, who Cecille kills.

The Soldier Ciaran smashed suicides on Cecille. The Archer plinks at her, and the mage shoots Luke. Where the fuck is Draug?

Cecille sucks so I give her the Archer kill. Mercifully, she doubles. Ryan rushes past the Mage and plinks him so Rody can finish. Ciaran hangs around and Luke covers Ryan from a potential armour ambush.

Draug stumbles into the open and does nothing, the dumb fuck.

It is here I realise I was meant to deploy Wrys instead of Shiida, but I haven't actually done anything with Shiida, so meh. ... I think I might let Wrys die, later. Or something. I do need him away from my team ASAP. On this turn I start panicking about something, for no reason. Oh, well, I murder the shit out of Draug. Every cavalier (except the almost dead chips him and Ryan kills. I intended for the even weaker Rody to kill, but I fucked up. Oh, well.

PROLOGUE SEVEN

I chose Cain, right?

PLANNING TIME

Ryan reached the obscenely high level of five. Thus, Wrys takes his place and that ungrateful bitch Shiida can hang around. Shiida gets Draug's Steel Lance, and a complicated series of trades I don't exactly remember all of the cavaliers have one iron in their E rank weapon and a--

GAME BOOSTER YOU FUCKING DIV

I FINALLY UPDATE YOU

AND YOU CLOSE SKYPE AND EVERNOTE

YOU PIECE OF SHIT

--Steel of their D rank. Except Ciaran, he needs nothing besides his Steel Lance.

I think I'm going to have to be leniant on myself or something. Like when my team is completely full of 20/0s I can start using promoted units. Or I can count promoted 1s as level 16, like the game does IIRC. I don't want to kill anyone except Est, but I may have to throw Yubello to the lions as well.

GAME ON

Ciaran rushes the west knight, who Shiida finishes with her iron lance. I'll post levels later, in the main game. Hers, however, was great. And I'll just

MOTHERFUCKER

Fucking archers.

Well, I did the same thing this time, only covering her from the myrmidon that finished her last time. Luke blocks the north fort. Wrys gets his heal in. No strength on her level, this time. *sigh*

OH THAT IS TOTALLY MADE UP FOR BY THE LEVEL RODY JUST GOT

STR/SPD/DEF

SOME OTHER THINGS

FUCK YES

Joyfully, they pile into me. None are killed, and yet Luke is holding the north nicely.

Luke finds it necessary to crit the AK for exactly no more damage that was needed. I plan out my next actions carefully (I totally don't), swing Shiida back to kill a myrmidon Ciaran chips 16 health off, wheel Wrys back a step to heal her, defend the pass with Cecille of all people and bring Rody to the fore.

Cain doesn't move, which I didn't expect. I think he would've left Rody on one HP (lance cancelling his Rank damage bonus), but that's only if the mechanics work how I think they do. Might've killed him instead. Oh, well, that didn't happen. An Archer shoots him, another bulls in front of the Myrmidon in the south to shoot Wrys, leaving the myrm feeling sad and unwanted.

Shiida kills the guy that shot Wrys, Luke the guy that shot Rody (gains HP/Str/Spd). Now, in prologue 3 I explained the simple way I format stats when not doing them in full detail; namely, HP/Str or Mag/Spd/Def/Weapon. And dear god I just realised Cecille is fragile; she kills the myrmidon with the iron lance (which becomes inconvenient later) to try and rectify that. I've gotten three natural defence procs on a myrm/SM Malice before, this is nothing. She gets Skl/Res. Fuck me. Ciaran goes to the fort to block Cain, everyone else hangs back. Wrys heals Shiida.

Well, in my attempt to build lance rank I accidentally screw Cecille out of a kill; the cavalier that now charges her is left one HP away from oblivion if hit with the steel sword. A peg flies at Rody, but will be two-shot, and Cain sucks compared to Ciaran.

Shiida takes her opponent out. Rody kills the peg with a sword, actually managing to go two rounds with something and win. Meanwhile I FUCK I WASN'T THINKING

Being a moron, I put Cecille on a fort because she's a cavalier and cavaliers on forts can usually take a single steel sword hit. Unfortunately for me, Cecille is a piece of shit. I'll get this done tomorrow. For now, farewell!

On the other hand, after recently using a Cleric -> Sage Cecille on my draft run, I can say this:

Cecille as a magic-using class will ORKO things, fast. Just don't expose her to physical attacks. 0 base def with 0-5% def growth. >_<

If you make her a mage, treat her as a more fragile Linde with better growths in spd and mag. No instant-Aura, but I've managed to tanked parts of a level on H1 using Nosferatu with great success.

Edited by Kopfjager

My concern being that on a draft run, units are high-levelled, and on this run... not so. I think I'll just keep to Cavalier. If she promotes, she might be a general.

I think you might want to ensure Ciaran stays underlevelled that he can be used in Chapter 20. Since I think the biggest issue would be that Hardin may end up unkillable if you don't end up with atleast one unit who can do enough damage and not die to easily against him in that chapter.

You know, when it comes to the subject of Est...

Did any FE game ever clarify WHY exactly she left Abel at the end of FE3 book2/FE12?

As in reasons?

Because that scenario could easily mean she's either a total bitch that needs to be drowned in a pool of rancid butter, or that she really loved him, to the point of willingly sacrificing her happiness for him.

Just saying, but it won't surprise me if the support convos end up along the lines of Abel being torn between Love and Loyalty, and Est leaving him to relieve him of that issue, making the mistake of over-estimating his loyalty part.