(FE10) is awesome, so heres another draft

PKL

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catnip takes Soren.

His/her list has Leonardo listed as first and then a bunch of units that are taken. Then there's Soren. I dont think he wants Leo this early...so I decided to give him Soren. Btw, include who you want the most in the list. I dont like guessing :p.

Edited by PegKnightLover

He has a slower start though and 3-1 is a pain :p.

Gatrie is better since this is a draft, where Celerity isn't going to Haar. And he helps 6 turn 3-1 as well as doing everything Boyd can do on Route maps except with more durability and speed and less chance of dying. Don't even try to say that movement makes a difference in a draft where Gatrie has too many advantages as well as a lock on Celerity.

Edit: Then again that's assuming they're your main part 3 fighters. If you have Titania and Oscar as well then Boyd will be better just because both Gatrie and Boyd will be left picking up scraps anyway.

Edited by SadXander

Gatrie is better since this is a draft, where Celerity isn't going to Haar. And he helps 6 turn 3-1 as well as doing everything Boyd can do on Route maps except with more durability and speed and less chance of dying. Don't even try to say that movement makes a difference in a draft where Gatrie has too many advantages as well as a lock on Celerity.

You know what else isn't going to Haar? Speedwings. A doubling Boyd > Gatrie, no contest. Better move + movement type, better offense, passable durability, and better caps. And in NM with an abundance of BEXP? Where does Gatrie win other than 3-1?

You know what else isn't going to Haar? Speedwings. A doubling Boyd > Gatrie, no contest. Better move + movement type, better offense, passable durability, and better caps. And in NM with an abundance of BEXP? Where does Gatrie win other than 3-1?

Where are you going to get speedwings for Boyd before 3-9 without wasting turns?

Where are you going to get speedwings for Boyd before 3-9 without wasting turns?

Both the 1-E and 2-3 Speedwings can, with the right team, be acquired with no turn loss and, even if they do require a turn, are usually worth it. Especially if, you know, you have Boyd. I imagine spending 1 turn to get a Speedwing for Boyd will make him better than Gatrie overall even if the player with Gatrie didn't take that time.

Both the 1-E and 2-3 Speedwings can, with the right team, be acquired with no turn loss and, even if they do require a turn, are usually worth it. Especially if, you know, you have Boyd. I imagine spending 1 turn to get a Speedwing for Boyd will make him better than Gatrie overall even if the player with Gatrie didn't take that time.

The problem with that is you're assuming that the player has drafted the optimal team for getting the 1-E and 2-3 speedwings, which I wasn't doing. I'm thinking about it and I can't see any maps that I can use Boyd to clear faster than Gatrie assuming they're both your main combatants, even if they both have Celerity and Boyd was given a speedwings, so in the end Gatrie's 3-1 would be the deciding factor.

Edited by SadXander

The problem with that is you're assuming that the player has drafted the optimal team for getting the 1-E and 2-3 speedwings, which I wasn't doing. I'm thinking about it and I can't see any maps that I can use Boyd to clear faster than Gatrie assuming they're both your main combatants, even if they both have Celerity and Boyd was given a speedwings, so in the end Gatrie's 3-1 would be the deciding factor.

BK and Rafiel are already free. It doesn't take much to have an optimal team for getting the 1-E Speedwing. In all the drafts I've done I don't think I've ever spent a turn on it, and I've always gotten it. The 2-3 Wing is different, but it will still only cost one turn. Boyd will be better just about everywhere when you need to actually reach enemies; I don't know what you're talking about there. I see him winning 3-3, 3-4, possibly 3-5, 3-8, 3-10, 3-11, and 3-E. He's clearly better for any given part 4 route and he has much better caps in both tiers.

Plus they might not have Celerity at all. It might be preferable to give it to Ike, for example. If Gatrie needs a claim to Celerity to function, that's bad.

BK and Rafiel are already free. It doesn't take much to have an optimal team for getting the 1-E Speedwing. In all the drafts I've done I don't think I've ever spent a turn on it, and I've always gotten it. The 2-3 Wing is different, but it will still only cost one turn. Boyd will be better just about everywhere when you need to actually reach enemies; I don't know what you're talking about there. I see him winning 3-3, 3-4, possibly 3-5, 3-8, 3-10, 3-11, and 3-E. He's clearly better for any given part 4 route and he has much better caps in both tiers.

Plus they might not have Celerity at all. It might be preferable to give it to Ike, for example. If Gatrie needs a claim to Celerity to function, that's bad.

I don't know what teams you've been using, but I've only gotten 1-E speedwings once or twice since I can't clear it in 7 turns while getting the wings with Micaiah and Sothe as my main combatants. You'll need either Volug, Jill, Vika, Muarim, Nailah or a promoted Edward or Nolan to get them. I don't know what use BK has in 1-E as he's not at all necessary for clearing the chapter faster.

In 3-3 Celerity can be given to Ike to finish in 8 turns with Gatrie, Soren, and another unit. I don't see how Boyd is going to beat that. Boyd isn't necessary again in 3-4 as I've Ike solod that chapter a couple of times. 3-5 is a no. In 3-8 Boyd's 1 extra move isn't going to make a difference, as Gatrie can still clear it in 5 turns with Celerity. 3-10 I can see, maybe. I think Ike with Adept can give produce similar results to Boyd. 3-11 is a no no, as neither one of the two makes a difference in the amount of turns. 3-E is being cleared in 5 turns regardless, I don't know why you mentioned that. In part 4 Ike's route (which is where they should both be going) has such a small field that in 4-1 Gatries move disadvantage doesn't matter, and in 4-4 Boyd has durability issues.

(I've used both units as my main combatant, and Boyd's bad luck and bad defense and resistance which I might have been screwed with, got him killed on 4-4 Hard mode a couple times).

Edited by SadXander