(FE10) is awesome, so heres another draft

PKL

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what teams you've been using, but I've only gotten 1-E speedwings once or twice since I can't clear it in 7 turns while getting the wings with Micaiah and Sothe as my main combatants. You'll need either Volug, Jill, Vika, Muarim, Nailah or a promoted Edward or Nolan to get them. I don't know what use BK has in 1-E as he's not at all necessary for clearing the chapter faster.

That's seven units right there already...And you can probably do it with Aran or Meg, as well. BK is just extra help in killing enemies, and don't forget Rafiel.

In 3-3 Celerity can be given to Ike to finish in 8 turns with Gatrie, Soren, and another unit. I don't see how Boyd is going to beat that.

Depends on the "other" unit, I suppose. Boyd probably has more flexibility in that here.

Boyd isn't necessary again in 3-4 as I've Ike solod that chapter a couple of times.

"Necessary," really? Just because it's possible to Ike solo doesn't mean it's not better to have another good unit or two. And what do you do about Ranulf when you Ike solo?

3-5 is a no.

Good explanation. I'd sooner call it a yes since Boyd might be able to double Lombroso.

In 3-8 Boyd's 1 extra move isn't going to make a difference, as Gatrie can still clear it in 5 turns with Celerity.

How team-dependent is that? What impact does Reyson have? Somehow I doubt a team of Ike/Gatrie/Reyson can clear it in 5 turns, and if they can, Boyd makes it easier or might, with the right support, cut it to 4.

3-10 I can see, maybe. I think Ike with Adept can give produce similar results to Boyd.

Powerful 1-2 range is a huge asset for 3-10.

3-11 is a no no, as neither one of the two makes a difference in the amount of turns.

I don't see how if the player has no fliers. Boyd can keep a lot better and help clear the path.

3-E is being cleared in 5 turns regardless, I don't know why you mentioned that.

The possibility of 4 turns, perhaps? Or if the support isn't good enough, Gatrie might not even make 5 turns possible while Boyd might be able to.

I get the feeling you're not taking the extra flexibility Boyd has into account here. Sure, on the right team, Gatrie may be a better addition. But in more cases Boyd is likely to be a better choice. 3-1 is Gatrie's only definite win with Boyd winning or tying everything else.

In part 4 Ike's route (which is where they should both be going) has such a small field that in 4-1 Gatries move disadvantage doesn't matter, and in 4-4 Boyd has durability issues.

(I've used both units as my main combatant, and Boyd's bad luck and bad defense and resistance which I might have been screwed with, got him killed on 4-4 Hard mode a couple times).

This isn't Hard mode. And I mentioned part 4 "route" because yes, Gatrie does basically tie on 4-1, 4-5, and possibly 4-P. But Boyd wins on 4-2, 4-3, and 4-4. So no matter which route they go to, Boyd wins.

@ CR- I recommend a part 1 unit. U already have all u need for part 3. (Marcia and Mia) So yeah. Mia can handle everything in part 3 with ike support.

EDIT- IMO u should go with Meg or Fiona. Meg is really really good in drafts if u dont have any other part 1 unit. And remember u get another pick after Silver Harpoon picks.

Edited by PegKnightLover

Just to finish up gathering all of the Good Beorc fliers--

Tanith :awesome:

ZaharkXTanith support for part 4----whee..

Don't worry, Meg is one of the extremely small group of unattractive FE females.

And Is impossible for a new guy to use

Edited by Silver Harpoon

^Its ur time to pick :p. And hes never failed me...50 defense growth is pretty good. Dont know why Xander is saying his durability is bad.

I said I might have gotten screwed. Not to mention with his terrible base defense and god awful resistance (the worst of the GMs) he has no room for even a bit of unfavorable leveling

Edited by SadXander

U got screwed. PEMN :p. Res doesnt matter at all really. Mages are very rare enemies.

Oh, and I wonder why Silver Harpoon doesnt pick a second unit >.>.

Edited by PegKnightLover

Is boyd consistenly good?

He is better than Oscar i'll tell you that, eventhough he has no horse, he can kill consistently. The same cannot be said for Oscar. Also, Boyd in the times i have chosen him never has problems growing speed/str/skl/hp and his defence is pretty good as well.

Silver actually left me a pm with past picks. He picks Heather.

EDIT- CR picks Meg. Its now Mysterio's turn.

Edited by PegKnightLover