How's the weather up there?

This particular part of Houston had nice weather today. Pretty damn sunny out but still nice.

A few days ago though there was a nice breeze and holy shit it was perfect.

Indiana's just as erratic but instead of hot and dry like in Arizona, it's hot and sticky.

Though there are the places that are more humid than in Indy.

Let's see....

Today was cold and sunny.

Yesterday was cold and wet and windy.

Day before was still cold and wet but not windy.

Don't remember any further than that.

I remember this one day that was erratic.

Early morning, cloudy and cold. Then it got rainy. Then it was sunny and warm even. Then it started to rain again. The rest of the day was sunny.

After that day it was cloudless.

Of course since I learn some of meteorology in a geology class... I can kind of understand this.

This particular part of Houston had nice weather today. Pretty damn sunny out but still nice.

A few days ago though there was a nice breeze and holy shit it was perfect.

It was actually below 60 degrees this week.

Edited by Jack Skellington

How's the weather up there, Canasucks. :D

Pretty fucking great actually, summer was a little wet and late, but it's been nice recently, though it did rain today. The part of Canada I live in is extremely mild (hahahaha extremely mild).

Here it's kind of cool, but not freezing by any means. Rain here and there, but not crazy. Of course, I'm currently in the relatively warmer Evansville, who knows what I'll be driving into when heading back to DePauw (yay week long Fall Break!).

Oh is that what that was? He just said "degrees" so I assumed Celsius because it's more popular

A high of 42 degrees Celsius would be deadly enough; At the higher temperatures people are listing, you'd have people being cooked alive the moment they stepped outside.

So common sense dictates that we're talking Fahrenheit.

Holy shit did I just see the words "common sense" and "Fahrenheit" in the same sentence?

Fahrenheit actually is more practical for weather because it gives a more accurate idea of the temperature. For every four degrees Celsius you have 36 degrees Fahrenheit, and since weather typically ranges from 0 to 100 Fahrenheit, it's easily the more practical of the two systems.

That's not saying Celsius is better for most other things, though...

Fahrenheit actually is more practical for weather because it gives a more accurate idea of the temperature. For every four degrees Celsius you have 36 degrees Fahrenheit, and since weather typically ranges from 0 to 100 Fahrenheit, it's easily the more practical of the two systems.

Decimals.

Hey! I guess it depends how you are raised!

I dunno, Fahrenheit is one of those systems that just really doesn't make much sense. Water freezing at 0 and boiling at 100 makes sense, considering how important water is in general to pretty much everything on earth.

Decimals.

...Can be applied to Fahrenheit too. Oh hey even more accurate!

I dunno, Fahrenheit is one of those systems that just really doesn't make much sense. Water freezing at 0 and boiling at 100 makes sense, considering how important water is in general to pretty much everything on earth.

That's all fine and all, but when you're looking at whether temperatures, -18 - 34 degrees is a pretty tiny range. Fahrenheit is almost double that, and more suited to the kinds of temperatures the human body is used to. For example, if the human body hits 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, you've got a fever. It's a bit harder to catch with Celcius.