How peaceful is your Country?

Raven

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your going to be soldier? Isreal wanted me to be a frontline soldier even though I have asthma. They ran tests on me, gave me medicine, saw that I'm illiterate, and still wanted me in the front. I would have loved to be a soldier but I'm a junior in university so I said maybe later. My sister was an officer in Gaza when I was growing up, back then when it was still considered a part of Israel.

Wouldn't it be interesting if two SF members met on the battlefield and destroyed the faces of evil together. Eliwood and Hector would have nothing on them.

Your going to be soldier? Isreal wanted me to be a frontline soldier even though I have asthma. They ran tests on me, gave me medicine, saw that I'm illiterate, and still wanted me in the front. I would have loved to be a soldier but I'm a junior in university so I said maybe later. My sister was an officer in Gaza when I was growing up, back then when it was still considered a part of Israel.

Handasat hakravit. Yom Gius is on Dec 25.

Can you tell me something? How are you illiterate if you're on this forum and typing msgs?

I have a special machine that converts speech to text :P jk I'm illiterate in Hebrew. I left Israel right after I started 3rd grade. Oh and I forgot to answer your previous question. My family and I left Israel because we wanted to get the opportunities that the US offers that Israel doesn't. Like better employment, easier education (I got my diploma at 16 and started college right after), customer service (if you ever been to Israel you'd know what I'm talking about), and safety was at the bottom of the list.

8th, hoorah!

I expected Canada to be pretty high up, but seeing Japan above it shocked me a bit. The things you learn..

Also lol @ USA

I have a special machine that converts speech to text :P jk I'm illiterate in Hebrew. I left Israel right after I started 3rd grade. Oh and I forgot to answer your previous question. My family and I left Israel because we wanted to get the opportunities that the US offers that Israel doesn't. Like better employment, easier education (I got my diploma at 16 and started college right after), customer service (if you ever been to Israel you'd know what I'm talking about), and safety was at the bottom of the list.

Happy to have you! Happy to have anyone that wants to be here! But not too many of you at once please.

Edited by BlueMartianKitty

8th, hoorah!

I expected Canada to be pretty high up, but seeing Japan above it shocked me a bit.

I'm guessing it's the whole cultural unity thing.

The USA result isn't the surprising to me, although it's depressing. Notice they've improved since Bush was thrown out; economic recovery tends to placate civilians at least until they realize they aren't personally seeing the benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if the US rank drops again by the end of the year and/or throughout 2012 with all the OWS protesting.

Apparently a lot of the US military budget is going to protect other countries (especially in Europe, I've been told), but in a lot of those cases I have to wonder how much of it is really necessary. Do European nations really need much protection from each other in the EU era? If not from each other, then from whom?

Edited by zahlman

I'm guessing it's the whole cultural unity thing.

The USA result isn't the surprising to me, although it's depressing. Notice they've improved since Bush was thrown out; economic recovery tends to placate civilians at least until they realize they aren't personally seeing the benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if the US rank drops again by the end of the year and/or throughout 2012 with all the OWS protesting.

Throwing out Bush didn't see economic recovery. The jobs crisis and I think the mortgage crisis both started on his watch, not that I'd say he's particularly to blame for either (he did nothing to attempt to avert them either, and they were forecasted).

Oohohoo! 8th, I see!

Every now and then I take pictures of the scenery as I love seeing them. :]

I'll try not to put too much eh?

78489275.jpg

93480771.jpg

63878243.jpg

66844906.jpg

20944926.jpg

53451944.jpg

60330168.jpg

54676333.jpg

58517379.jpg

31106520.jpg

85996314.jpg

45178172.jpg

93101718.jpg

29964498.jpg

80705958.jpg

55071835.jpg

63910074.jpg

20614564.jpg

19756229.jpg

Peaceful indeed~

Edited by Goldie

*doesn't like the pictures with snow*

Usually when people have a lot of pictures to post, or have a real large image, they put them in spoiler tags so it doesn't take too much space =]

I've been to Canada, since my mom's side of the family lives there, but I don't remember too much. She is in BC though so BC is all I've been to. All I remember was it was during the summer so it felt really hot. The time I was there was when I was really young.

Besides being next to houses and whatnot, I remember a real beautiful part where we were surrounded by a forest and hanging by a river under a bridge.

Otherwise, I don't remember the gorgeous mountains, since when I was little I had no appreciation for the scenery they provided at all =_=

But yeah Canada does seem to be quite peaceful.

• 5 weeks later...