Sothe vs Heather

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends for me.

Heather is a lot more fun to use, and isn't painful to level (Sothe is low priority when I play FE10, Nolan/Micaiah/whoever else I'm promoting all come first. So I've had a couple 0x/01 Sothes by Part 4. However, Sothe is a good unit on a team with... not so good units, and he can reliably kill stuff. Heather's damage output isn't too fabulous, and she joins on a team full of good characters.

Edited by Komatsu

Sothe has part 1 plus he can do decently in part 3 against laguz.

Heather... has... utitility stealing for part 2/3

definately Sothe

Heather is infinity times better than Sothe because she's got boobs and she wants to get in Nephenee's pants. :drool:

Hm...I'm afraid I may have to change my vote. This logic has no flaws.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5343327

That being said, Sothe. Hot midriff-showing hero of a rebellion that actually does productive things>Blatant fanservice that doesn't do anything actually productive. I have to be objective because being bi allows me such a privilege.

Depends for me.

Heather is a lot more fun to use, and isn't painful to level (Sothe is low priority when I play FE10, Nolan/Micaiah/whoever else I'm promoting all come first. So I've had a couple 0x/01 Sothes by Part 4. However, Sothe is a good unit on a team with... not so good units, and he can reliably kill stuff. Heather's damage output isn't too fabulous, and she joins on a team full of good characters.

1) Fun is subjective...however, its ways are respectable.

2) If a good unit is on a team full of not so good units, then the good unit has an advantage.

3) If a unit joins a team full of good characters, then that character, even if it's good or not good, has a high chance of being overshadowed by the other good characters.

Edited by Quintessence

I always choose Heather!!

I love her :wub: . Her couple with Nephenee is absolutly gorgeous!!

Personaly I always train her. I don't know if it's the case with you but my Heather often has a decent magie so i use also magic Card with her.

Sothe is better, without a doubt. For one, his combat is actually helpful during the DB maps(actually the second best out of your dudes and only usurped by Volug), when the only other DB units worth a damn(other than obvious temporary Jeigans)are Nolan, Jill, Eddie, and Volug. As well, he's the only unit in the DB able to use a Beast Killer, very useful considering the DB fights in laguz heavy maps in part 3. Heather's combat is just awful compared to your other dudes, and while she's doubling, her damage is subpar at best and her durability is quite bad. While you could say Heather grants you more stuff than Sothe, most of it is superfluous. Like, the only items Heather really gets credit for is the 2-2 Discipline, 2-E Dracoshield, 3-4 Ettard, 3-5 Energy ring, and the 3-E Rescue(the white gem as well, but you can just as easily kill the fucker for it.) Sothe on the other hand, grants you the following: Thani, 1-2 Energy ring, 1-3 Discipline, Beastfoe, 3000G, 1-4 Seraph robe, 2 Master seals, Parity, Vantage, and 1-E Speedwings.

Edited by darkandroid125

Sothe is better, without a doubt. For one, his combat is actually helpful during the DB maps(actually the second best out of your dudes and only usurped by Volug), when the only other DB units worth a damn(other than obvious temporary Jeigans)are Nolan and Volug. As well, he's the only unit in the DB able to use a Beast Killer, very useful considering the DB fights in laguz heavy maps in part 3. Heather's combat is just awful compared to your other dudes, and while she's doubling, her damage is subpar at best and her durability is quite bad. While you could say Heather grants you more stuff than Sothe, most of it is superfluous. Like, the only items Heather really gets credit for is the 2-2 Discipline, 2-E Dracoshield, 3-4 Ettard, 3-5 Energy ring, and the 3-E Rescue(the white gem as well, but you can just as easily kill the fucker for it.) Sothe on the other hand, grants you the following: Thani, 1-2 Energy ring, 1-3 Discipline, Beastfoe, 3000G, 1-4 Seraph robe, 2 Master seals, Parity, Vantage, and 1-E Speedwings.

So suddenly, Jill (and Eddy and Aran on NM or lower, I guess) don't exist.

Sothe is 'better' for being a early-game jeigan while Heather's main use is stealing things while Shinon (or someone) disarms in part 3. That being said, I hate Sothe for multiple reasons (getting Micaiah, general jeigan hate, and such) while I like Heather a lot more for overall character design and intended use. Sothe is just another jeigan in the long run who doesn't do anything unique while Heather is essentual for disarm/steal, which I think is pretty damn cool.

Like, the only items Heather really gets credit for is the 2-2 Discipline, 2-E Dracoshield, 3-4 Ettard, 3-5 Energy ring, and the 3-E Rescue(the white gem as well, but you can just as easily kill the fucker for it.) Sothe on the other hand, grants you the following: Thani, 1-2 Energy ring, 1-3 Discipline, Beastfoe, 3000G, 1-4 Seraph robe, 2 Master seals, Parity, Vantage, and 1-E Speedwings.

If I'm not wrong you're missing a master seal that can be stolen from a 1-5 soldier, physic/recover staves from 4-P bishops as well as purge/shine that are useful for Micaiah.

Edited by Quintessence

Sothe is 'better' for being a early-game jeigan while Heather's main use is stealing things while Shinon (or someone) disarms in part 3. That being said, I hate Sothe for multiple reasons (getting Micaiah, general jeigan hate, and such) while I like Heather a lot more for overall character design and intended use. Sothe is just another jeigan in the long run who doesn't do anything unique while Heather is essentual for disarm/steal, which I think is pretty damn cool.

Sothe falls short as a combat unit in Part 4 sure, but he even then, he is still miles better than Heather who has a 25% growth in strength, so she's unlikely to deal more damage than Sothe. Also you spelled essential wrong.

Like, the only items Heather really gets credit for is the 2-2 Discipline, 2-E Dracoshield, 3-4 Ettard, 3-5 Energy ring, and the 3-E Rescue(the white gem as well, but you can just as easily kill the fucker for it.) Sothe on the other hand, grants you the following: Thani, 1-2 Energy ring, 1-3 Discipline, Beastfoe, 3000G, 1-4 Seraph robe, 2 Master seals, Parity, Vantage, and 1-E Speedwings.

you forgot all the items heather can steal thanks to disarm, as well as the bolting.

But Thani has more might than Shine (8 vs 7), so why would she need a Shine in the first place?

Laura can't use Thani.

Sothe falls short as a combat unit in Part 4 sure, but he even then, he is still miles better than Heather who has a 25% growth in strength, so she's unlikely to deal more damage than Sothe. Also you spelled essential wrong.

with a bit of smart used Bexp, both will cap everything.

basically, it seems like everyone here agrees. Sothe is best for combat, Heather is best for what rogues are supposed to do; stealing your opponent's treasures.

But Thani has more might than Shine (8 vs 7), so why would she need a Shine in the first place?

Well if you are goign to be using her, and she becomes good *gasp*, 90 uses never really seem to be enough for me... And Thani + micaiah (speed atleast 24/25 before promotion) + Speed wing in 4-E, equals awesome miccy for the first map.

Edited by SlayerX

you forgot all the items heather can steal thanks to disarm, as well as the bolting.

Lol @ Heather ever stealing a Bolting, and then the Bolting actually being significant. Money is abundant enough in this game that Disarm/Steal is rather worthless and not nearly reliable enough.

For starters, there's the same reason why Marth, Roy, Eliwood, and Eirika all need weapons aside from Rapiers among other things involving rare Prf rank weapons that don't have limitless durability like Falchion and Ragnell both have. Secondly, someone might want to raise Micaiah's weapon rank easily. Edited by Little Al

For starters, there's the same reason why Marth, Roy, Eliwood, and Eirika all need weapons aside from Rapiers among other things involving rare Prf rank weapons that don't have limitless durability like Falchion and Ragnell both have.

Those examples that you cited have 28, 50, 40, and 40 uses, respectively. Micaiah has 90 uses of Thani to last her for the entire game. Now, I can understand the edge cases where someone wants to level her up to 20/20/20 or something, but for even moderate use, 90 uses of Thani should be able to last her through the entire game.

Secondly, someone might want to raise Micaiah's weapon rank easily.

Weapon rank is not a problem when Thani ties Valaura in MT and Valaura doesn't appear until like 3 maps before the end of the game.