Fe4 help for a novice player

MacLovin

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us here will disagree with this statement. If you look at FE6, there's only 2 prepromotes that are arguably simply terrible, 2 more that are moderately bad but have their niche, and the remaining 11 are anywhere from moderately useful to some of the best units in the game.

Certainly, the percentage of prepromotes that suck is less than the percentage of unpromoted units that suck.

I prefer prepromotes.

They usually have cooler mugs. Non-promoted unit design are so boring in comparison in general.

Also fuck I use Echidna all the time for Armads and never regrets a thing

FE6. FE6.

Even so, I've got a point about Cuan.

Dieck's growths are similar to a prepromote-going by Lorddommu's logic, he is stealing experiance.

(I thought prepromote haters died out)

Prepromotes don't take a lot of effort to become decent.

Like Duessell and Harken

Lorddomu must be new to the series to think prepromotes blow.

Didn't I say there were -exceptions-? Oh yeah and don't forget about the traps that are actually good but shit if compared with the leveled non-promoted chars you've got.

This prepromotes shit has nothing to do with what I've said about Cuan anyway but whatever, have fun with your first playthrough man. ^^

I can safely say that Alec blows. Even after doubling enemies, he doesn't kill them

At least he can double. Noish is nothing without his Steel Sword. >:

FE4 has that little quirk about HP and damage amounts. In the more recent games, most enemies are absurdly simple early-on. In this one, they're still pretty easy, but the high amount of HP tricks some players into thinking they have tanks to play with. Just don't get stuck in those assumptions that a ton of HP reflects durability.

I just really hate using prepromo's with bad bases, like Karla and Juno

Uh, no. You hate using bad units, like Karla and Juno. Their pre-promoted status doesn't matter one whit since their stats suck. For every Karla or Juno there's an equivalent Fiona or Sophia.

The word "exception" implies that most prepromotes are bad, whereas the general "exception" is that a handful of prepromotes are bad (as opposed to the vast majority that are actually good).

Are you counting pre-promotes on their order of appearance? For example, only Harken, Vaida, Jaffar, Pent and Louise are useful in FE7. On FE9, only that-swordmaster-in-the-desert-chapter, Elincia (not so much anyway), Tanith, Shinon (although he's going to be overshadowed by Rofl when he reappears) and perhaps Tauroneo are useful. Also keep in mind that those prepromotes that appear late in the game and are overshadowed by other chars are also useless, except Harken and Echidna (?).

Also, this is fun.

Alec gets 2 hit koed by random axemen.

Noish gets 3-4 hit koed.

This game is supposed to be harder in earlygame?

Yep. They become gods later, except Noish because he sucks.

Are you counting pre-promotes on their order of appearance? For example, only Harken, Vaida, Jaffar, Pent and Louise are useful in FE7. On FE9, only that-swordmaster-in-the-desert-chapter, Elincia (not so much anyway), Tanith, Shinon (although he's going to be overshadowed by Rofl when he reappears) and perhaps Tauroneo are useful. Also keep in mind that those prepromotes that appear late in the game and are overshadowed by other chars are also useless, except Harken and Echidna (?).

Yep. They become gods later, except Noish because he sucks.

You're missing Isadora, Hawkeye, Geitz, and somehow, Marcus from FE7, and Titania from FE9 (probably others, I haven't played it in years).

Alec comes nowhere close to being a god, his weapon ranks are mediocre, and he has bad strength. He is pretty decent early on with his doubling power and horse utility.

Also, Silver Harpoon there is a skill called continue that is similar to adept. (I think the only difference is the activation rate, but I could be horribly wrong here.

Edited by General Horace

Who are the bord n' cord archtypes in fe4?

There are none. You only get one Axefighter (potentially), and he doesn't really fit with anything.

You're missing Isadora, Hawkeye, Geitz, and somehow, Marcus from FE7, and Titania from FE9 (probably others, I haven't played it in years).

Alec comes nowhere close to being a god, his weapon ranks are mediocre, and he has bad strength. He is pretty decent early on with his doubling power and horse utility.

Also, Silver Harpoon there is a skill called continue that is similar to adept. (I think the only difference is the activation rate, but I could be horribly wrong here.

Continue is indeed identical except for the activation rate, (AS+20)%.

Edited by Othin