Edward (1)

FE11

Way to many to count

FE12

Catria (2)

Abel (1)

Pall(1)

Edited by Second Pronoun

Ayra may go first often, but how the *fuck* is she best exactly?

EDIT: Let's not be so hostile.

Fury and Fee provide more flexibility than Ayra and her kids ever will, thanks to movement and FE4. LEAF ALONE provides more for a team than all three Ayra draftees in total. Hell, I could make a case for Aideen readily being over Ayra because Aideen and Lana and the actual turn-saving staves like Rescue and Warp.

Edited by Integrity

FE4's interesting with drafting, who you get from the first round decides on who you'll try and get. Going fourth usually results in getting Levin, even if it means Levin!Corple - just to make sure nobody else gets him. Otherwise Lex is a quick pick. I personally try to get my hands on Ayra and one of the staff girls.

Just saw you Integrity, I actually like having Skasaha and Lakche with Dew as their papa so I can get them to tank incoming armies. Plus it makes passing down rings nicer. Someone needs to hold onto the Pursuit ring!

Edited by Dokutayuu

Just saw you Integrity, I actually like having Skasaha and Lakche with Dew as their papa so I can get them to tank incoming armies. Plus it makes passing down rings nicer. Someone needs to hold onto the Pursuit ring!

I've not run into an incoming army that Celice (on his way by, at any rate) or Julia couldn't tank, with a bare few exceptions.

EDIT: On the other hand, it's not me who holds the record any more so I may be wrong. ;D

Edited by Integrity

Ah, hell, may as well actually contribute positively.

4 is touchy, but Tiltyu is FAR AND AWAY best if you can guarantee Levin (read: slot 4, sleeping competition). Otherwise, Ethlin.

8 is Vanessa.

10 is Haar, or if not Haar (banzorz) I don't honestly know.

11 is Caeda, then Abel with Cain barely below. Frey probably goes in there but idk I don't draft NM. I mention the cavaliers because some drafts do have a banned Caeda.

9 is Marcia, since the turns Marcia costs to recruit (0 or 1 in C3, 3 in C9) are less than the ones Jill takes (1 or 2 in C11, 6 in C12), while providing pretty much the same combat parameters for the rest of the game (Jill eventually becomes slightly better due to highter STR plus forged Hand Axes allow for more ORKOs on tougher enemies).

I forgot about Ethlin, Mounted rescue user is very good and you don't need to draft her a husband. Also what is so great about Aideen's kids. Sure Lana is good but unless you do Claude!Lana than the rescue staff won't be around until chapter 10. And if you do pair Aideen with Claude then Midir blows. In FE4 just for children it goes IMO: Ethlin>Fury>Tiltyu>Ayra>Lachesis>Aideen>Brigid>Sylvia

Expanding

Leaf is a boss and saves enough turns in the last two chapters to make up for Altenna costing turns

Fee is very good and can fly, and you can't screw up Sety

Arthur makes Tiltyu worthwhile

Ayra's kids can't be screwed up but move hurts them

Lachesis gives charisma and both kids can fight with Nanna also being able to heal.

Aideen gives Midir who is meh to me and Lana but I just don't think Lana is so good she can vault Aideen over Ayra

Brigid gives Patty and Faval Patty helps circulate money. I think Faval isn't all that great

Sylvia's kids both cost turns

9 is Marcia, since the turns Marcia costs to recruit (0 or 1 in C3, 3 in C9) are less than the ones Jill takes (1 or 2 in C11, 6 in C12), while providing pretty much the same combat parameters for the rest of the game (Jill eventually becomes slightly better due to highter STR plus forged Hand Axes allow for more ORKOs on tougher enemies).

That 6 in 12 is only if you already have Marcia (you're not getting both) and only if the BEXP rules allow it, since you basically need unrestricted BEXP for Marcia to be strong enough. Given Jill's superior combat parameters I'd say it's a pretty close call.

I forgot about Ethlin, Mounted rescue user is very good and you don't need to draft her a husband. Also what is so great about Aideen's kids. Sure Lana is good but unless you do Claude!Lana than the rescue staff won't be around until chapter 10. And if you do pair Aideen with Claude then Midir blows. In FE4 just for children it goes IMO: Ethlin>Fury>Tiltyu>Ayra>Lachesis>Aideen>Brigid>Sylvia

Expanding

Leaf is a boss and saves enough turns in the last two chapters to make up for Altenna costing turns

Fee is very good and can fly, and you can't screw up Sety

Arthur makes Tiltyu worthwhile

Ayra's kids can't be screwed up but move hurts them

Lachesis gives charisma and both kids can fight with Nanna also being able to heal.

Aideen gives Midir who is meh to me and Lana but I just don't think Lana is so good she can vault Aideen over Ayra

Brigid gives Patty and Faval Patty helps circulate money. I think Faval isn't all that great

Sylvia's kids both cost turns

Lester's contribution to the second generation really isn't that great, his horse is nice but he's relegated to attracting enemies and sniping fliers. Lana is a nice way to pass down staves, warping Julia can save a good number of turns in chapter 6. She can also save a few turns Celice to Lenster in chapter 8. Restore and Libro are also nice to have early on, especially when Celice starts so fragile. Midale's a quick pairing which doesn't take much effort. Claude needs to be stuck next to her for around 44 turns - which is slightly more than some of the tighter turncounts for chapters 4 and 5.

I've toyed around with recruiting Corple, recruiting him only costs an extra turn as Celice can head on to the next castle whilst Corple heads back. Leen isn't as fortunate but with some clever dancing I'd imagine she saves turns too. Faval, I'm not too fond of. I've been stuck with him a few times and he's only good for taking down Trabant.

That 6 in 12 is only if you already have Marcia (you're not getting both) and only if the BEXP rules allow it, since you basically need unrestricted BEXP for Marcia to be strong enough. Given Jill's superior combat parameters I'd say it's a pretty close call.

Well, it depends on how you take the meaning of the thread. I saw it as "If I was the first one to choose, who should I get?", and then the comparison I made is correct: choosing Jill means getting a difference between 0 and 6 turns in C12 if compared to choosing Marcia. Even if BEXP is restricted, Marcia still gets you a few turns off C12 compared to what Jill requires (for example, she could lure the boss so Titania can face it earlier, or something like that).

But like I said, it's very close between them, and in my opinion Marcia does end up edging out due to her earlygame advantages.

I would personally have the Altean Horses in a FEDS draft, as they come out of the prologue so overlevelled they destroy stuff for the entire game without any effort, while Shiida has issues on Non-Knight/Cav enemies until promotion.

Also, Dorcas was the first pick in an FE7 draft?

I would never pick Ayra for FE4 drafts. Her availability is only above average in gen 1 and she is mostly eclipsed by mounted units all the time. Her offspring have an availability advantage on gen 2 but that is almost completely nullified by stacking resources on Celice and getting him to promote ASAP.

For FE6, I wouldn't say Alan and Lance are definite first picks. I suppose it depends on the difficulty as well. Miledy is a solid contender on all difficulties and I think Thany is definitely an option on NM. On HM, unless Rutger is free, he is also a great first pick.

I don't think Pent is a good first pick in FE7, depending on the rules. If Marcus is banned, you pass up a good unit for the first half of the game. If Marcus is free, then the player can probably afford to pick him first for Warp. I still think Florina is in general just a more solid choice than Pent for first pick.

For FE12, this is a bit of a tough call. Due to the free prologue, there are a lot of potentially great units starting in chapter 1; I don't think you can go wrong with any of Luke, Rody, Cecile, or Draug as first pick. Catria and Palla are both great units, but have the notable disadvantage of having 1-2 fewer chapters of availability. I suppose they can make up for that with unpromoted flying, though, which none of the first 4 characters have (except for Cecile, who has E lances as PK).

I would personally have the Altean Horses in a FEDS draft, as they come out of the prologue so overlevelled they destroy stuff for the entire game without any effort, while Shiida has issues on Non-Knight/Cav enemies until promotion.

Altean cavs are definitely first picks for NM drafts, but on HM drafts they lose their prologue advantage and Caeda's Wing Spear is a lot more valuable. Then again, a lot of drafts also ban forging.

Edited by dondon151

Well, it depends on how you take the meaning of the thread. I saw it as "If I was the first one to choose, who should I get?", and then the comparison I made is correct: choosing Jill means getting a difference between 0 and 6 turns in C12 if compared to choosing Marcia. Even if BEXP is restricted, Marcia still gets you a few turns off C12 compared to what Jill requires (for example, she could lure the boss so Titania can face it earlier, or something like that).

But like I said, it's very close between them, and in my opinion Marcia does end up edging out due to her earlygame advantages.

With more restricted BEXP, Marcia isn't saving any turns in Ch 12 (well, maybe 1?), but she can cost 4-5 turns to recruit while Jill would cost none. Marcia needs to make up more than that in the maps before Jill shows, but I'm pretty sure she can't do that much. Trying to have a low level Marcia lure the boss in 12 is likely too dangerous and reinforcements pop up pretty often anyway.

But wait, 6 turns? It's been a while but I am pretty sure it doesn't take that long to recruit Jill. If I recall correctly she can be recruited by turn 6, so if a super powered Marcia could clear the map in 2, that's a 4 turn cost for Jill.

With more restricted BEXP, Marcia isn't saving any turns in Ch 12 (well, maybe 1?), but she can cost 4-5 turns to recruit while Jill would cost none. Marcia needs to make up more than that in the maps before Jill shows, but I'm pretty sure she can't do that much. Trying to have a low level Marcia lure the boss in 12 is likely too dangerous and reinforcements pop up pretty often anyway.

But wait, 6 turns? It's been a while but I am pretty sure it doesn't take that long to recruit Jill. If I recall correctly she can be recruited by turn 6, so if a super powered Marcia could clear the map in 2, that's a 4 turn cost for Jill.

Marcia's recruitment in C3 depends on the mode: IIRC correctly on NM she costs 1 turn, but on HM she doesn't (due to the boss's Hand Axe), but maybe there's a 2 turn strat for HM. Then there's C9, which with a Titania only team can be done in 5 turns in NM, and I think the same in HM. Marcia's recruitment means a seize on turn 7/8 (I'm quite sure it can be done in 7, but every playlog that rercuits Marcia that I checked gets 8 or more). Then in C11, Jill requires waiting until turn 5, which on a Titania only team means no cost, while having someone else (Oscar, Mordecai, Lethe IIRC) means an earlier arriving is possible. Marcia can also get you 4 turns here if BEXP is allowed, and maybe if it isn't (not sure here).

But in the end, they are quite even. It ends up on whether there's BEXP restrictions: if there aren't, Marcia can give you back every turn she took plus a few more, but if they exist, then it's much closer and both are about equally good.