Fire Emblem 12 Hack: Rebirth 2

Crimson Red

You're open to guess why I'm making a Fire Emblem 12 hack when the FE12 translation is still in-progress, the answer probably won't satisfy you

So. I'm making a hack of Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow. It will be based off of that game. It's actually a sequel to another hack I made called "Fire Emblem Rebirth" (thus the "2" at the end). You might be thinking "what else can you even hack besides text?". I answer "this game won't just have English text (as it'll be based off of the translation patch), it'll have edited text, and use my other FE12 hacking capabilities. What are my capabilities? Well, I'm pretty sure I can hack...:

titlelogo.png

[spoiler=The List]

- text of almost all kinds still can't hack the damn title screen textures, akjdaskljdaspp

- palettes of almost all kinds some palettes are just stupid

- character growths

- character stats

- weapon skill levels

- portraits

- starting class

- starting inventory

- starting co-ordinates

- starting level

- any type of graphics I was able to hack for the translation patch a custom battle template would be so win :D

- shop inventories

- music

- basic events/cutscenes

- mini-portraits

- map sprite graphics doubt this will be useful though

- weapon icons

Stuff I haven't figured out but probably can:

- class data as a whole

- item data as a whole

- terrain graphics also doubt this will be useful

Stuff I currently have no hope of editing:

- maps

- battle animations

- everything else not mentioned above I think

Stuff I intend to hack in this hack (AKA goals):

- text

- character growths

- character stats

- weapon skill levels

- portraits

- starting class

- starting inventory

- starting co-ordinates

- starting level

- miscellaneous graphics, if someone helps me

- shop inventories, minor updates for fun

- mini-portraits

- class data

- item data

- weapon icons, if new items are added only (prob won't do this unless someone inspires me)

This hack is a RESKIN. RE-SKIN. It's an FE12 reskin though, and given that no one has done any real FE12 hacks, nevermind reskins, I think it's relatively innovative.

Anyhow because it's a reskin that means the plot will generally stay the same. However the characters won't. This is where people come in. You can sign up for a character if you want.

[spoiler=READ]

Disclaimers:

- I hold no obligation to accept your profile

- You can attempt to sign-up for an already-taken character and if your profile is better or I simply feel that you are more fitting for that spot, you may get it; if you don't get it your 2nd or 3rd choice will be used, if all of those are taken

- The only fairness in these sign-ups is the fairness I give, I'm trying to make this job as easy as I can for me, and thus these sign-ups are not guaranteed to be fair. In fact they won't be, I'm going to be biased and people I know are more likely to get earlier, better slots than new members or people I don't respect etc., but given that FE12 has a LOT of characters, there should be enough slots for everyone who wants one.

[spoiler=Sign-ups]Username:

Character Name:

Replacing Character:

2nd Choice:

3rd Choice:

Starting Class:

Starting Level:

Starting Inventory:

Starting Weapon Skill Levels:

Stats/Growths:

HP:

Str:

Mag:

Skl:

Spd:

Luck:

Def:

Res:

Portrait:

Mini-Portrait:

Notes:

[spoiler=Example Sign-up]Example Sign-up with Details:

Username: Blazer - your forum username

Character Name: Blazer - the name of the character. Must not be too long, like I'd limit yourself to 8 characters.

Replacing Character: Marth - your first choice for who you'd want to replace. Somebody else might have this too, that's okay. Marth, Hardin, Generics, and My Unit are not applicable choices (I might replace Marth or might not depending on how thinis work out, the rest are to be untouched)

2nd Choice: Gordin - if you don't get your first choice, your 2nd choice

3rd Choice: Navarre - use common sense

Starting Class: Lord - must be an existent class and fit the gender of your character. Your character

Starting Level: 6 + 1 = 7 - must be within 3 levels of the character you are replacing. Put the starting level plus the bonus and then the final level (7 in this case) like I did.

Starting Inventory: Steel Sword, Levin Sword, Elixir -- limit to 3 starting items. Should be balanced; should not be all high-tier weapons. If you are a Hero, don't have a SilverSword and SilverAxe, settle for a Steel Sword and Hand Axe, don't be unfair to make your character have a broken inventory.

Starting Weapon Ranks: Sword (A) - self-explanatory I think

Starting Levels and Weapon Ranks of original characters can be viewed here: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe12/char_base.html

Stats/Growths: Stats should be absolute base stats and should not result in any extreme values (like super high strength, super high speed, super low skill, etc., use good judgment, or else I will use my judgment). Absolute base stats can be found here--http://www.serenesforest.net/fe12/char_base_a.html

Furthermore, the stats should use the same amount of total points that the original character uses + (level change x 3). Marth has 31 points for his base stats, but I increased his level by 1: thus he gets 31 + (1 x 3) = 31+3=34 points.

Growths should use the same % the original character has plus a 10% bonus I'm granting. Base growths should be used, found here: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe12/char_growth.html. Marth has a 305% total, +10%=315%. Like stats, there should not be any major extreme values like 100% strength. No growth should be over 100% except for HP unless the original character had a growth that was 100% or more to start with. Lastly, all growths should be in increments of 5%, as hacking growths in is actually quite difficult, and making it like 43% would be a pain in the ass.

HP: 9, 55%

Str: 5, 45%

Mag: 0, 5%

Skl: 7, 45%

Spd: 3, 50%

Luck: 9, 80%

Def: 1, 25%

Res: 0, 10%

Portrait: Use same as original - this can be any portrait that is not abnormally large but is no smaller than a standard GBA portrait. It's color limit is 128 colors. Blinking and talking frames will not be added due to the difficulty in them, so don't plan for those. It does NOT have to be an FEDS style portrait or even a GBA FE style portrait, it's kind of up to my discretion whether it fits or not but I'm up for anything fun and silly.

Mini-Portrait: Should be a miniature version of the above, following the same general guidelines. It IS required.

Notes: I am being lazy and so I am not changing a ton of things here. - this area is for anything else you want to add to his profile or mention.

Okay, now that all that is done, you may sign-up for characters. Please be thorough. Anyone can sign-up and I will likely accept you unless your profile is inadequate, so yeah. However you have to be ready to update your profiles constantly as I won't go hunting you down to have you fix problems with them.

This is not exactly a community hack because while I am looking for help, only one person has been willing to help so far. FE12 hacking is not hard, and I could help teach it. In some ways it's easier than GBA hacking and in other ways, so much harder.... There are also jobs like management (checking profiles) and putting in nightmare stuff (yes I have FE12 nightmare modules I'm making in progress). The unit data will probably be done with the Event Assembler (I will probably abuse macros big time to make my own FE12 event coding language XD) so if anyone wants to take a crack at that, that'd be great.

And furthermore the sign-ups are open to all the FE world. So I guess it's a community hack where the community is the entire Fire Emblem community. Except I'm only posting it on a couple of places so some people will have to come to the hack. XP

That is all for now I think... Let me know what you think but try and be mature about it, I realize this idea has its flaws, there are better, more effective ways to point them out than being an asshole. Hope you guys sign-up, it's free!

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whee~

Here's to jumpstart your sign-ups:

Username: Rothene

Character Name: Rayn

Replacing Character: Rody

2nd Choice: Ogma

3rd Choice: Roger

Starting Class: Dark Mage, Male

Starting Level: 2

Starting Inventory: Blizzard, Vulnerary

Starting Weapon Skill Levels: D Tomes

Stats/Growths: 14/270

HP: 0,45%

Str: 0, 0%

Mag: 2, 45%

Skl: 2, 40%

Spd: 3, 45%

Luck: 4, 70%

Def: 3, 0%

Res: 0, 25%

Portrait: Samto

Mini-Portrait: Samto...

Notes: As long as the Luck growth is sky high...I'm happy. If Darkmage cannot be started off...I don't mind Mage. And you can count on me to constantly update this profile when neccessary. Hope it lightens your load.

List of Replaced Characters:

First name(s) are people with that character as first choice, slashes indicate second and then third choice

Dashes represent multiple people with a choice in the same slot in order of signing up

Expanded list of places taken and inclusive of sign ups from FEShrine. As of now, no one has overlapping first picks! Yay!!!

Credit goes to Hikarusa

Luke: Acacia Sgt//Fitz24(FEShrine)

Rody: Rothene/Acacia Sgt/

Cecil: Fawful//Acacia Sgt

Aran: Anouleth/Aura Wolf/

Gordin: //Fawful-Dark Sage-TheCrimsonFlash(FEShrine)

Ryan: Fitz24(FEShrine)/Fawful/

Draug: Darros/Fitz24(FEShrine)-TheCrimsonFlash(FEShrine)/

Mallesia: //Psych

Catria: Overlord Zetta//Eclipse-Kopfjager

Warren: Octavian//

Cord: /Deranger-Octavian/SilentSentinel(FEShrine)-Shu(FEShrine)

Linde: Psych/Kopfjager/

Palla: Kopfjager//

Bord: /SilentSentinel(FEShrine)-Shu(FEShrine)/

Julian: ThatGuyDownTheStreet(FEShrine)/Psych-Furetchen/

Matthis: Furetchen/SagginPhobia/Octavian

Wrys: //SagginPhobia

Ogma: DA125-Shu(FEShrine)/Rothene-Darros-Anouleth/Furetchen

Yumina: //Dokutayuu

Yubello: /Dokutayuu/

Sirius: Aura Wolf//Anouleth

Castor: Blasied//

Shiida: /Eclipse-Overlord Zetta/

Barst: SagginPhobia/Dark Sage-DA125/

Rickard: /ThatGuyDownTheStreet(FEShrine)/

Frey: /Ezra(FEShrine)/Deranger-Blasied-Izzak

Norne: Eclipse//

Samto: Dokutayuu//

Wendell: /Espeon/

Caesar: Dark Sage//Ezra(FEShrine)

Radd: //

Navarre: Ezra(FEShrine)/Blasied/DA125

Feena: //

Cain: SilentSentinel(FEShrine)/Izzak/Darros-Aura Wolf-Overlord Zetta

Bantu: //

Roger: //Rothene-ThatGuyDownTheStreet(FEShrine)

Jeorge: //

Minerva: //Hikarusa

Etzel: //

Merric: Deranger//

Ellerean: //

Dice: //

Maris: //

Horace: //

Jake: //Espeon

Darros: //

Robert: //

Belf: /General_Horace/

Leiden: General_Horace//

Beck: //

Athena: //General_Horace

Xane: //

Tiki: //

Est: //

Dolph: //

Abel: TheCrimsonFlash(FEShrine)-Izzak//

Macellan: //

Astram: Espeon//

Katarina: Hikarusa//

Tomas: //

Sheema: /Hikarusa/

Samson: /Epic Fail/

Frost: //

Roshea: //Epic Fail

Vyland: //

Sedgar: //

Wolf: //

Midia: //

Ymir: Epic Fail//13thshadow

Michalis: 13thshadow//

Nagi: //

Lena: //

Nyna: /13thshadow/

Maria: //

Elice: //

List of classes:

Classes(number): ForumName[FEShrineSignup](CharacterName Level)

Lord():

Dancer(1): Fawful(R. Astley level 1)

Thief(1): ThatGuyDownTheStreet[FEShrine](Landon level 3)

Cavalier(4): AcaciaSgt(Acacia level 1), Furetchen(Matise level 7), General_Horace(Sydney level 15), TheCrimsonFlash[FEShrine](Maximillion level 1)

Paladin(1): Izzak(Rocky level 1)

Archer(1): eclipse(Natalia level 5)

Sniper():

Mage(3): Overlord Zetta(Sophie level 8), Octavian(Alissa level 3), Fitz24[FEShrine](Fitz level 1)

Sage():

Myrmidon(2): Ezra[FEShrine](Ezra level 1), Kopfjager(Ariadne level 11)

Swordmaster(1): Anouleth(Anouleth level 5)

Curate/Cleric(1): Psych(Eric level 3)

Bishop():

Dracoknight(2): Aurawolf(Wolf Level 1), Hikarusa(Valencia level 5)

Pegasusknight():

Falcoknight():

Knight(2): Blasied(Leon level 8), darkandroid125(James level 8)

General():

Fighter():

Warrior():

Mercenary(3): SagginPhobia(Eric level 7), Shu[FEShrine](Shu level 8), Dokutayuu(Doku level 7)

Hero(1): 13thshadow(Isaac level 13)

Hunter(1): deranger(Karne level 11)

Horseman(1): Espeon(Clyde level 8)

Pirate(3): Darros(Darros level 8), Dark Sage(Jeremy level 9), SilentSentinel[FEShrine](Justin level 10)

Berserker(1): Epic fail(Andrew level 17)

Dark Mage(1): Rothene(Rayn level 2)

Sorcerer():

Edited by Rothene

A New Mystery hack? Sure...

Username: AcaciaSgt

Character Name: Acacia

Replacing Character: Luke

2nd Choice: Rody

3rd Choice: Cecil

Starting Class: Cavalier

Starting Level: 1. 1+0=1

Starting Inventory: Steel Lance, Iron Sword, Vulnerary

Starting Weapon Skill Levels: Lance D, Sword E

Stats/Growths: 12/245%

HP: 3, 55%

Str: 2, 35%

Mag: 0, 0%

Skl: 2, 35%

Spd: 2, 35%

Luck: 1, 30%

Def: 2, 45%

Res: 0, 10%

Portrait: Rody's reused, if it's possible.

Mini-Portrait: Just what size is this exactly?

Notes: If he gets in, I don't really mind where, as long as he ends up as a tank. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@SagginPhobia any bio can be added to notes, otherwise it'll follow the original script.

@Rothene are you sure it's supposed to be Rayn? XD

Is Dark Mage promoted? Have a feeling it is even though it's been forever. Well whatever, I think they use staves though, so add in "E" to staves.

@Darros The starting level only has to be within the first one. If I decide you don't get your first pick I'll notify you and then you'd change everything else accordingly, the profile assumes your first pick of course XP

The Darros portrait comes with a mini-portrait, so that's irrelevant.

@Acacia I can only re-use Rody's if the person replacing Rody doesn't re-use him first, so we'll see about that, but for now we'll say you're reusing Rody's portrait. And since that'd be reusing a portrait he'd have Rody's mini-portrait which, FYI, should be no bigger than 64x64 as a rough limit. Here's a picture:

minipex.png

You guys realize you could add in like Rick Astley as a character right? doesn't have to be all serious

Looks interesting.

Username: Aura Wolf

Character Name: Wolf

Replacing Character: Sirius

2nd Choice: Arran

3rd Choice: Cain

Starting Class: Dracoknight

Starting Level: 1

Starting Inventory: Steel Axe, Javelin

Starting Weapon Skill Levels: B Axe, B Lance

Stats/Growths:

HP: 8/65%

Str: 6/60%

Mag: 0/5%

Skl: 4/30%

Spd: 4/40%

Luck: 5/45%

Def: 5/45%

Res: 0/10%

Portrait: Sirius

Mini- Sirius (Might find a different one. MAYBE.)

Notes: Yay sign ups

Edited by Aura Wolf

You guys realize you could add in like Rick Astley as a character right? doesn't have to be all serious

I'll take this to heart, then.

Username: Feaw

Character Name: R. Astley

Replacing Character: Cecil

2nd Choice: Ryan

3rd Choice: Gordin

Starting Class: Dancer

Starting Level: 1

Starting Inventory: Obtuse Sword, Used Potion

Starting Weapon Skill Levels: E Swords

Stats/Growths:

HP: 6(22) / 70(100)%

Str: 0(1) / 5(15)%

Mag: 7(7) / 90 (70)%

Skl: 9(10) / 60 (90)%

Spd: 0(8) / 5 (45)%

Luck: 8(8) / 45 (45)%

Def: 1(4) / 15 (20)%

Res: 3(3) / 100 (90)%

()= displayed like this in-game/real growths (class base + char base)

Portrait: Doop

Mini-Portrait: DoopDoop

Edited by Fawful

@Aura Wolf so do you just want him to use Sirius' portrait?

@Fawful if you'd read the topic thoroughly you'd note that Marth is irreplaceable lol decide on someone else, and don't leave stuff up to me, do it yourself--make your own 2nd/3rd choices and crop/reduce it yourself, I have better stuff to do. Otherwise I'd be happy to have Rick in ;P

Username: SagginPhobia

Character Name: Eric

Replacing Character: Barst

2nd Choice: Matthis

3rd Choice: Wrys

Starting Class: Mercernary

Starting Level: 5+2=7

Starting Inventory: Iron Sword

Starting Weapon Skill Levels: Sword D

Stats/Growths:

Barst %195 + Granted 10% = 205%

Absolute 31 +(2 x 3)= 37

HP: 7, 30%

Str: 6, 30%

Skl: 4, 40%

Spd: 5, 40%

Luck: 8, 30%

Def: 7, 30%

Res: 4, 5%

Portrait: I'm using something ripped from Luminous Arc :P

http://s1215.photobu...urrent=Mine.png

Mini-Portrait: included ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Notes:Haha, I tried to balance myself out, plus the portrait looks Knight, Cavalier, or Hero like, but I didn't want to be pre-promote Hero, but if time comes I must change my class I'll be a Knight ( though we'd have to adjust my growth.)

EDIT: OK! I fixed those oddly Growths and stats. Yet I tend to make things overpowered or underpowered when it comes to these things. Tell me if I need to fix something again.

Edited by SagginPhobia

Oh HELL YES!

Username: eclipse

Character Name: Natalia

Replacing Character: Norne

2nd Choice: Caeda

3rd Choice: Catria

Starting Class: Archer

Starting Level: 5

Starting Inventory: Iron Bow, Vulnerary

Starting Weapon Skill Levels: Bow E

Stats/Growths:

HP: 4 / 30

Str: 5 / 30

Mag: 0 / 0

Skl: 3 / 30

Spd: 6 / 40

Luck: 4 / 50

Def: 1 / 20

Res: 1 / 10

Portrait: After much thought, put Maria's portrait in here. I'm too lazy to recolor her blonde.

Mini-Portrait: See above

Notes: I'm feeling random, so shoot me.

EDIT: Typo

EDIT2: Now with portrait

Edited by eclipse

Reskins aren't reskins if you've never played the original.

Username: deranger

Character Name: Karne

Replacing Character: Merric

2nd Choice: Cord

3rd Choice: Frey

Starting Class: Hunter

Starting Level: 10+1=11

Starting Inventory: Iron Bow, Steel Bow, Vulnerary

Starting Weapon Ranks: Bow ©

Stats/Growths:

37+(1 x 3) = 40

265% + 10% = 275%

Hp: 7, 35%

Str: 6, 45%

Skl: 9, 40%

Spd: 7, 55%

Luck: 5, 35%

Def: 4, 20%

Res: 2, 45%

Portrait: Radd's

Mini-Portrait: Radd's

Notes: I don't know much about Akanea, and I don't really have any specific characteristics in mind, so default story's fine for now.

Edited by deranger

Is Dark Mage promoted? Have a feeling it is even though it's been forever. Well whatever, I think they use staves though, so add in "E" to staves.

Dark Mages are unpromoted Sorcerers.

@Darros The starting level only has to be within the first one. If I decide you don't get your first pick I'll notify you and then you'd change everything else accordingly, the profile assumes your first pick of course XP

The Darros portrait comes with a mini-portrait, so that's irrelevant.

Alright, thanks, though I'd still like to keep it 8.

I understand the mini-portraits now.

@Sagginphobia woah woah woah woah woah, you gotta follow the example man, you can't just throw out 355% growths for a character, that's insane. Look at the example--find the base stats and base growths and go from there.

@eclipse looks okay to me, be sure to put up a portrait, I almost definitely won't remember to remind you if you forget

@deranger please fix the profile format, it's all screwy and while nothing seems wrong I can never know for sure given all the HTML blobbed up in there XD

@Komatsu derp, figures I'd make a dumb mistake like that, and yeah that's fine, I was just letting you know

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

@deranger please fix the profile format, it's all screwy and while nothing seems wrong I can never know for sure given all the HTML blobbed up in there XD

Noticed that right after I posted it I'm never copy and pasting anything you say ever again. Fixed

Wouldn't it make sense for people to coordinate their character backstories a little bit to make recruitment more logical? Or are the new characters going to recruit the characters they replace, no matter how much sense it might make? (Caeda replacement recruits Roger and Samto, Wendell replacement recruits Ellerean replacement etc etc.)

Edited by -Cynthia-

^Trololol, it looks a little silly looking still but the actual info seems fine, thanks. How do you pronounce that btw, like Carn-eh or just "Carn" or "Carnie" (where "Carn" is like as it is in "Carnival")

carn-ival Karne. There's a guy in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance with the name I think.

Edited by deranger

Username: Psych

Character Name: Eric

Replacing Character: Linde

2nd Choice: Julian

3rd Choice: Malesia

Starting Class: Curate

Starting Level: 4 - 1 = 3

Starting Inventory: Mend, Large Bullion

Starting Weapon Ranks: Staff D

Stats/Growths: Stats should be absolute base stats and should not result in any extreme values (like super high strength, super high speed, super low skill, etc., use good judgment, or else I will use my judgment). Absolute base stats can be found here--http://www.serenesforest.net/fe12/char_base_a.html

Furthermore, the stats should use the same amount of total points that the original character uses + (level change x 3). Marth has 31 points for his base stats, but I increased his level by 1: thus he gets 31 + (1 x 3) = 31+3=34 points.

HP: 6, 45%

Str: 0, 15%

Mag: 5, 45%

Skl: 0, 30%

Spd: 4, 40%

Luck: 2, 30%

Def: 3, 30%

Res: 0, 35%

Portrait: Etzel

Mini-Portrait: Etzel

This should work, right? Unless I can't change genders.

@Luffy sorry man, I just looked up Barst's growth percentages and added them up, then divided them out. :P Should I just edit the original post or make a new one?

EDIT: NVM, I'll just edit the original.

EDIT 2: okay I hope things look better for it.

Edited by SagginPhobia