I know you all hate cod, but

Fenrir

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Timesplitters franchise would like a word with you. Chances are it might involve monkeys.

I just dislike the fact that FPS is so popular in the west :( If we wer more like jpan, we'd have so many more RPG...

It's actually pretty terrible franchise for an FPS. The map designs and layout are awful, hit detection is buggy as fuck, the guns are terribly programmed to the point that anything using the same size ammo might as well be reskins of one another, and damage calculation is awful. Seriously, three .50 sniper rounds to the chest and nothing happens, but a single bullet from a pistol manages to clip your ear off? Instant death.

Seriously, fucking Halo is better than CoD; And I mean even the worst games in the Halo franchise are better than CoD.

ahahaha.

It's actually pretty terrible franchise for an FPS. The map designs and layout are awful, hit detection is buggy as fuck, the guns are terribly programmed to the point that anything using the same size ammo might as well be reskins of one another, and damage calculation is awful. Seriously, three .50 sniper rounds to the chest and nothing happens, but a single bullet from a pistol manages to clip your ear off? Instant death.

Seriously, fucking Halo is better than CoD; And I mean even the worst games in the Halo franchise are better than CoD.

YOU WILL NEED TO SPEAK UP

I CANNOT HEAR YOU OVER ALL YOUR BUTTHURT

FPS ruined gaiming in the west.

-jelly fan is mad because his game is not as popular-

Gaming ruined FPS in the west.

Tuna is fucking disgusting

Sadly, tuna is the fish i eat most. I fucking hate tuna.

Grind more? Stop being terrible at them?

Bland/cliche plotlines that get recycled more than Western FPSs recycle the World War II setting, pathetically bland and/or one-dimensional characters, game engine that is used in just about every other JRPG. Sure, there's exceptions, like the Tales' games and the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, but the majority of it just isn't that good.

Seriously, Japanese Turn-Based Strategy games tend to be much better than JRPGs, and most of them have very different engines between the different games- For example, Fire Emblem and the Advance Wars series have fairly different engines even though they're made by the same company, and both tend to have actually well-rounded casts. Hell, there's a massive difference just between Advance Wars and Battalion Wars, and they're both in the ame franchise. Then you get games like Sakura Wars and Valkyria Chronicles, which are quite innovative in their own rights; Hell, VC practically crosses the line into Tactical Third Person Shooter when you're moving your units.

Bland/cliche plotlines that get recycled more than Western FPSs recycle the World War II setting, pathetically bland and/or one-dimensional characters, game engine that is used in just about every other JRPG. Sure, there's exceptions, like the Tales' games and the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, but the majority of it just isn't that good.

Seriously, Japanese Turn-Based Strategy games tend to be much better than JRPGs, and most of them have very different engines between the different games- For example, Fire Emblem and the Advance Wars series have fairly different engines even though they're made by the same company, and both tend to have actually well-rounded casts. Hell, there's a massive difference just between Advance Wars and Battalion Wars, and they're both in the ame franchise. Then you get games like Sakura Wars and Valkyria Chronicles, which are quite innovative in their own rights; Hell, VC practically crosses the line into Tactical Third Person Shooter when you're moving your units.

Okay. Advance Wars isn't an SRPG series, but okay.

Now how does that make you feel?

A lot of JRPGs are pretty terribad too, though.

Yes, but i mean the fact the over here, most games nowadays are just FPS, and other genres seem to be lacking (and cool Japan games never make it over here Xenoblade anyone?). Honestly, FPS are boring (most of them), I prefer other thing more dynamic than "go kill that guy, get kiled, revive, do the same thing yay :newyears: ". I dislike the fact that FPS get in my way of easily accessing other better games.

how do you talk about srpgs, and even mention sakura wars, but somehow super robot wars isn't notable enough

Yes, but i mean the fact the over here, most games nowadays are just FPS, and other genres seem to be lacking (and cool Japan games never make it over here Xenoblade anyone?). Honestly, FPS are boring (most of them), I prefer other thing more dynamic than "go kill that guy, get kiled, revive, do the same thing yay :newyears: ". I dislike the fact that FPS get in my way of easily accessing other better games.

Yes, but i mean the fact the over here, most games nowadays are just FPS

most games nowadays are just FPS

just FPS

*looks at desktop and pile of games*

World of Warcraft

League of Legends

Starcraft 1+2

Half-Life 2 + episode 1

Mass Effect 1+2 (can be beaten without ever firing a shot)

BF:BC2: Very good shooter I might add

GTA 4: third person shootey that is pretty good

STALKER shadow of chernobyl + clear sky: Interesting design, with all those anomalies. Also open world

CoD MW: The original MW and in my opinion still the best one

Fallout 3+New Vegas: Can be beaten without ever firing a shot, depending on playstyle

Battlefield 3: Shut up n00b. People buy this en masse because it's not just a shootey, it's a fucking awesome multiplayer game

Metro 2033: Again very awesome shootey I'd recommend to everyone

Borderlands: Sure, it's a gungame, but I'd like to see some japanese developer make an online game

Left4Dead2: More social interaction than you'd ever get out of an RPG

Audiosurf: 100% western and awesome music game

Deus Ex Human Revolution: You would have to pick up a gun 4 times in the game because there's no other way to deal with bosses, otherwise you have free reign in how to tackle missions.

Prototype: Not shootey actiony game

Mirror's Edge: Not shootey game about running and it's pretty good

Burnout Paradise: Fun vehicular mayhem

Need for Speed SHIFT: Serious vehicular fun (I play on the hardcorest mode)

Dragon Age Origins: Real Time Tactical Squad Based Combat. Delicious. Also not a shootey.

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance: In my opinion the best major RTS release in quite a lot of years

So. What have we learned?

Less than half of all western games are actually dedicated gungames. So where exactly did you pull that "most games today are just FPS" out of your weeaboo ass from?

One more thing. RPG's require grinding. Especially if they're turn-based or pseudo-turn-based(ATB bar).

Another more thing. How different are RPG's from shooteys in the respect of "go here, kill that"? That's right, they're not. In RPG's you go somewhere and kill randoms in random battles, then kill the boss of the place and move on to the next area. In shooteys you do... pretty much the same but without walking on an overmap.

You suck you weeaboo cunt fuck

FPS ruined gaiming in the west.

hahahah... he's kidding, right?

I just dislike the fact that FPS is so popular in the west :( If we wer more like jpan, we'd have so many more RPG...

hahahahahhahah I think he isn't

AAHAHAHAHAH OH JESUS HE ISN'T

Ok may be i exaggerated and my dislike for FPS made me blind (to put it that way). Why you getting so defensive for FPS? FPS suck.

OH MY GOD IT GETS DUMBER BY THE POST

CHRIST

PLEASE GO ON