If i Give Ethlin an Pursuit Ring...

Male characters can buy the Prayer Sword if it's broken, then use it themselves after repairing it. I assume inheritance works the same way: he can inherit it, but only if it's broken.

Edited by Othin

Male characters can buy the Prayer Sword if it's broken, then use it themselves after repairing it. I assume inheritance works the same way: he can inherit it, but only if it's broken.

They can buy it if broken (and I assume inherit it as well) but they still can't use it when repaired.

They can buy it if broken (and I assume inherit it as well) but they still can't use it when repaired.

I haven't tried it myself, but Serenes says they can. Have you tried it and gotten different results?

Edited by Othin

I haven't tried it myself, but Serenes says they can. Have you tried it and gotten different results?

I gave it to Dew to pass down to Patty and when he repaired it it was greyed out, which (as you know) normally means it can't be used.

I'm pretty sure I succesfully tested the Prayer Sword trick, although it may have been the only item in the male's inventory.

Which reminds me, I think it might be possible to use (or counter with?) holy weapons without major blood if it's the only item in your inventory as well (I know enemies can do this at least). Although I'm not sure what good that might do.

I know that if you break the Prayer Sword and give it to Holyn and repair it he can't use it, but Patty will inherit it.

Though that's presumably the normal inheritance mechanics.

Of course it is. That's how Delmud starts with a Silver Blade even with Fin as the father.