FE4 Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psych is a guuuuuuuuy, guy.

Then make a better suggestion, for damn's sake.

Calm yourself, Iago. We've lost two important roles, but I also share your sentiments when it comes to Core. Though, as you said, it might also be because of his lack of something (I forgot what) so I'll wait to see his defence before making a vote.

He's saying he has a piece of info he cannot reveal.

I can read

And that he doesn't care if we lynch him

He's probably a "Fool" role.

Those two are what i'm thinking, but its not a fool role. It doesn't sound like one because then he would have never claimed tracker.

Those two are what i'm thinking, but its not a fool role. It doesn't sound like one because then he would have never claimed tracker.

Those last two sentences*

I'm thinking a few options on that, though.

1: He might have been persuaded by a mafia persuader.

2: He's Psych, and therefore being Psych

3: He's actually the tracker, but not a town tracker

I also now have to wonder what the hell Nightmare was doing on Snike/me. I will asume safeguard, as Kay targeted, but its really suspicious.

And the last question: What did Kay target me for?

I'm thinking a few options on that, though.

2: He's Psych, and therefore being Psych

I also now have to wonder what the hell Nightmare was doing on Snike/me. I will asume safeguard, as Kay targeted, but its really suspicious.

And the last question: What did Kay target me for?

You are aware that noone will answer what they were doing on you. Thats just silly for both sides

Persuaders don't force their target to claim their role.

Besides, it would be ludicrously silly to put two persuaders into the same game.

Unlikely. Mafia trackers are very rare.

Why is it suspicious that someone chose you as a target for their action? Like, you know, not all actions are negative. Or did something negative happen to you that you want to tell us about?

I'm just, like I said, thinking with my fingers. But nothing actually happened. I'm more worried about what KAY did than Nightmare, though currently can't be sure on any of them. Mainly just figuring out what my next plan is.

If core doesn't talk, we're going to end up lynching another Town power role. I can tell.

SO SPEAK, YOU CORE.

But seriously. I think the discussion is lacking. We're not learning anything when Raymond, Kirsche, and I are doing all the talking. Major talking.

Then make a better suggestion, for damn's sake.

Pressure voting. Anything but mass claiming.

Maybe he shouldn't have claimed. Fact is, however, he did, and after what happened yesterday, I can see why he'd rather claim early when people vote for him than wait until the last possible moment.

It does bring info to the table, however. We have a fairly believable tracker claim.

He should claim when more than just a stuid pressure vote was put on him. What use does that info get us? Our doctor is dead, so if the mafia have a ninja our tracker is now dead with no compensation. Heck a watcher isn't even guaranteed.

What more do we have to lose, with like half of our roles already exposed and two of our most powerful roles already dead? A mass-claim would force all of the mafia to make fake-claims, allowing us to work out inconsistencies more easily as long as we pay attention.

I can't deny it involves some risk, and I can't guarantee it would work, but it may be the best course of action right now.

If you disagree, make a better suggestion.

Do what we always do. Pressure vote and let the best roles accumulate results while we scum hunt. JUst because the cop and doctor are dead doesn't change the core of the game. This isn't a risk, this is an auto-lose strategy.

All? Just because it's Psych doesn't mean that everything he says should be dismissed as a joke.

Most of it was, if you care to read the spoiler. And the rest isn't worth noting, which you said yourself in that super post of who did what of any significance.

Call it a gut feeling if it makes you happy.

That makes me the exact opposite of happy, because you have nothing to base it on. Nothing at all. This isn't like proto trying to buddy up to me all game, this is psych saying absolutely nothing of relevance and being called town because of it. I daresay you're trying to buddy up to psych after he's supported you all game.

Unlikely. Mafia trackers are very rare.

I thought you of all people knew that role =/= alliance.

Dammit, Core, say something (lolhypocrisy). There's enough pressure on him for now, so I'll refrain from voting, but...

Also, I'm inclined to trust Psych. I mean, Raymond's already pointed out that he's appeared to be pro-town, and, well... I dunno, it just feels right.

Just got back.

You might've seen my name as viewing this topic, but that's because I leave this page up all day.

I don't see how my D1 behavior was out of the norm for me. The only thing not normal that I did was my conclusion on Proto, where I had thoughts in my head but did a terrible time translating them to words in this thread. I am generally indecisive, just cared less about looking flakey or jumpy, as I have been accused.

As for psych, I tend to agree with you now that he seemed pro-town. I was focusing on his lack of input, but now that I think about it, I can't imagine him asking for info about characters as mafia.

As for a claim, I don't think I should, at least not yet.

My other thoughts...Raymond is very pro-town...tbh can't see him doing any of this as mafia. Kirsche also strikes me as townish. Proto poofed again. Not sure what else.

Blast, internet is being internet and I lost a big post, but the basic gist of it was that, I think Raymond is right with Psych being town, and your vote is a little bit too hasty, kirsche. I'll keep my eye on you.

Also since internet is being internet, it's just going to get worse from now on so I'll only post if I really have to.

Pressure voting. Anything but mass claiming.

That does very little if the target of the pressure chooses to just not give a damn and not respond. Which seems to be happening right now.

He should claim when more than just a stuid pressure vote was put on him. What use does that info get us? Our doctor is dead, so if the mafia have a ninja our tracker is now dead with no compensation. Heck a watcher isn't even guaranteed.

If you don't want claims (because people tend to not be satisfied with other explanations), then what's the point of pressure-voting?

Do what we always do. Pressure vote and let the best roles accumulate results while we scum hunt. JUst because the cop and doctor are dead doesn't change the core of the game. This isn't a risk, this is an auto-lose strategy.

Because the town never ever caught a mafia in a fake-claim ever.

Oh wait.

In games where the town didn't suck, they actually did catch mafia this way. Pure scum-hunting isn't going to get us very far with no cop to assist, and tracker/watcher results do very little if we have no action claims to compare them with.

Most of it was, if you care to read the spoiler. And the rest isn't worth noting, which you said yourself in that super post of who did what of any significance.

Two were. Four were not. Last I checked, a third doesn't qualify as "most".

That makes me the exact opposite of happy, because you have nothing to base it on. Nothing at all. This isn't like proto trying to buddy up to me all game, this is psych saying absolutely nothing of relevance and being called town because of it. I daresay you're trying to buddy up to psych after he's supported you all game.

I'm buddying-- ...are you trying to troll me?

I thought you of all people knew that role =/= alliance.

That's why I said "unlikely", not "impossible".

So that's your grand plan? "Pressure-voting" someone who already has a confirmed claim? What exactly do you want?

I wasn't lurking this time, I'm trying to catch up on all that I've missed lol.

Anyways, reading back over the part of Day 1 that I missed, ##Vote: Furetchen, because I just don't really like the fact that you swooped in near phase end to get Darros lynched. Now, that doesn't automatically make you scum of course, but it seems rather suspicious. Also I didn't find your reasoning for voting him necessarily compelling or sound so yeah.

I don't see how my D1 behavior was out of the norm for me. The only thing not normal that I did was my conclusion on Proto, where I had thoughts in my head but did a terrible time translating them to words in this thread. I am generally indecisive, just cared less about looking flakey or jumpy, as I have been accused.

"Being indecisive" does not equal "randomly change your votes for no apparent reason". You did the latter. It's also the general lack of actual contributions despite the fact that you posted, which, if it's the norm for you, is likely to get you called out / lynched every single game. Your job as town is to contribute. Large posts saying a whole lot of nothing usually are the territory of unexperienced mafia.

As for a claim, I don't think I should, at least not yet.

Then go ahead and make some worthwhile contributions at least, damn it.

Besides, I'll be incredibly pissed if we end up lynching another strong town role just because they refused to claim.

OK... so I have a full thing of major events of FE4 Mafia first 16 pages. Nothing makes sense yet. Core is still most suspicious. Kirsche is second for randomly pressuring Raymond. I also want info from Iris.

Biggest reasons I think Core is suspicious

On Day 1, he didn't say much.

On Night 1, he didn't say much either

Here's the big one.

Day 2

In the last 24 hours, Core has been exceedingly random. Nothing he says is making sense. Plus: Random votes.

So. Core. Grace us with some reasoning of why you are being so exceedingly random.

That does very little if the target of the pressure chooses to just not give a damn and not respond. Which seems to be happening right now.

Then we lynch said user.

If you don't want claims (because people tend to not be satisfied with other explanations), then what's the point of pressure-voting?

I don't want MASS-claiming. If I see someone as scum I'll want a claim and vote an, even more importantly before doing any of that, I want them to explain their actions. People's minds work in mysterious ways. Some people are stupid and say someone's town whilst providing a BS reason for it and then voting someone because of that BS reason.

Because the town never ever caught a mafia in a fake-claim ever.

Oh wait.

In games where the town didn't suck, they actually did catch mafia this way. Pure scum-hunting isn't going to get us very far with no cop to assist, and tracker/watcher results do very little if we have no action claims to compare them with.

Trackers/watchers can still see who went where and did what. Like who visited the person who was killed etc etc.

And unlike you, raymond, I like to assume that the mafia is smart instead of dumb and instead of getting bit in the arse later on for underestimating them.

Two were. Four were not. Last I checked, a third doesn't qualify as "most".

Instead of nitpicking my wording how about you focus on the issue at hand - psych did jack all D1 that should've convinced you were town.

I'm buddying-- ...are you trying to troll me?

Nope. Dead serious.

And respond to the rest of that please. Dodge less.

That's why I said "unlikely", not "impossible".

Then that statement is worthless and should be taken with a grain of salt. "Hmm the tracker might be scum, but he probably isn't" is of no value unless you assume he will be scum or he won't be scum.

So that's your grand plan? "Pressure-voting" someone who already has a confirmed claim? What exactly do you want?

Scum to be lynched. Pressure voting is more than just asking for a claim. It is questionning ones actions with an action behind it.