FE4 Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup? Sorry for inactivity, I find myself being more social and more involved in video games than I have been before, so I have less time to be on here.

It's kind of meta, but a common tell for Ducky when he's mafia is inactivity.

But if I liked the response, I would return to lynching Diavolocal players.

Very true, I will admit. Though when I'm mafia I tend to lurk like crazy while this time I have literally only looked at this thread twice because I've been busy.

Anyways, my thoughts:

-I believe Raymond. Though wanting to get checked out does make me consider the possibility of him being a Godfather and Persuader. But then again, that might be a little powerful for this game when I consider my own role.

-Interesting defense from Proto. Though personally I don't think Raymond persuading Proto means anything about Proto at this point. It wouldn't be valuable info until we knew whether Raymond is town or not and even then it would only lead us to a series of iffy assumptions.

-I don't trust the way Core has been acting and I don't feel like people have pressured him enough for it considering he has 1 vote on him currently.

And now something rare for me, a day 1 vote blink.gif

##Vote: Core/Diavolo

When? When I sheeped you? 1 Vote is not a big deal for a pressure vote. I don't even think it was majority at the time.

I'm not voting you for sheeping, I'm voting you because your actions contradict your logic. Again, you said you had the feeling I was mafia. Then you proceed to vote for the same player as me just shortly afterwards. You voted with someone whom you suspect to be mafia. That makes no sense whatsoever as town, not even as pressure.

My vote stays where it is.

I also dislike how saying that I don't mind being checked by a cop is instantly considered a godfather softclaim. Townies need to do that more often, seriously. Though I really don't care, it was just an offer.

Oh, that?

That was just a slight vibe that I dismissed because it didn't really make sense at the moment. Besides, I'm all for people talking.

Aw, Paperblade, you sub out when I'm 'bout to ask you a question~! Ah well, this is for Core, too.

Why me? I mean, I get Paperblade's vote, as a pressure vote, but Core too, huh? Reading back on your reason it seems a little... sketchy, to say the least. Any reasons for it staying on me~? Not trying to sound defensive, I'd just like to know what you think.

I exist now. Sorry for missing the fun so far, guys. I had work to attend, paying the bills and such.

Now then, I suppose I'll be asked about my thoughts as soon as anyone sees this, so may as well just put them here.

On the issue of Raymond and Proto being both mafia, I am highly doubtful. Raymond is being very forthcoming despite nearly no pressure to do so. He is even claiming a relatively scummy role. He is too good a player to make such a decision were he mafia, especially since he has a tendency to perish early on. If he was a mafia player, it would be foolhardy to add kindling to that fire, not worth the crazy WIFOM potential of it. From my point of view, Raymond is as good as town at this point.(Watch me be totally wrong)

Proto's defense as so far was pretty weak. He hasn't done much but ask why he was the target of a harmless Night Action that helped to verify a player's roleclaim. Just be thankful he wasn't a kidnapper or a silencer or a vig or something.

Darros is being sheepy, as Raymond said, but that seems par for the course as far as I can recall.

Core seems really jumpy. His votes are all over the place, and while most of them have some sort of justification behind them, it just seems to lack any solidity. Though that seems to be a symptom of him just not being sure who to vote for yet, since we don't know much.

Let's try... ##Vote: Kay

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall you doing much aside from metagaming Proto. How about we get a peek into that brain of yours?

That's why it would be such a great idea, Ether.

I thought that being worried about pressure votes was the scumtell, not ignoring them.

Darros strikes me as being fairly pro-town, so far. He's posting what he thinks of things, at least.

Core seems to just be acting like Core. See D1 of Itemafia.

I'm always inactive on weekends, Ether. I have time to post occasionally, but if I try to actually think when I'm that tired, I end up sounding crazy/scummy/illogical.

Prims, you're asking other people all the questions, and sheeped pretty openly earlier. I'd like to know your thoughts.

1) Darros. I already explained why, and his defense didn't really convince me.

2) Me Prims, probably. He seems to be asking the right questions at the right time, and is actually contributing, unlike about half the other players.

3) "Half the other players."

1) Who are you voting for if you're voting? If you aren't, why not?

2) Who do you feel is contributing the most?

3) The least?

1. I was still catching up, and now I'm waiting for a response from Prims. After that, I'll vote once I get a better idea of what to do with my vote.

2. Raymond

3. Slayer

[2] (Iris) - Paperblade, Core

[2] (Core) - Prims, StSS

[1] (Kay) - Proto

[1] (Darros) - Raymond

[1] (Ether) - Darros

[1] (Furet) - Rein

[1] (StSS) - Snike

I think?

3) The least?

1. Um, I dunno. Core's acting shady, but if what Kay says is true, that's just his normal train of thought. I would like him to answer me, though.

2. Raymond~

3. Obviously, me. Um, yeah, most of the players.

[2] (Iris) - Paperblade, Core

[2] (Core) - Prims, StSS

[1] (Kay) - Proto

[1] (Darros) - Raymond

[1] (Ether) - Darros

[1] (Furet) - Rein

[1] (StSS) - Snike

I think you mean Strawman, you listed Raymond twice.

@Kay: Having the same opinion as another player isn't sheeping. I would have voted Diavocoretc without Snike's post. If you're talking about the earlygame vote on Proto, I just wanted to see how he'd react to 3 votes.

As for opinions, Core's the only person I feel like lynching right now. Kay looks weird for misrepping me but doesn't seem lynchworthy yet. Raymond is probably town, all things considered, and Strawman looks reasonably townie to me as well from his one post (not just because I like birds). Also, Iris looks like she's trying to blend in with everybody else's play, but based on prior experience with newbies I'm not yet sure if this is scummy or not. I would need to see her post more, probably on later days.

@Luka:

1) Read a damn votecount.

2) Raymond, Strawman and Snike, for being some of the only people who have used their votes on things that aren't generic lurker pressure (though Snike changed his so whatever).

3) Agree with "half the game", but notably kirsche for popping in to say nothing aside from a V/LA declaration (if you're going to be away, wouldn't it be best to get opinions out ~now~?) and also you because you're not answering your own questions. Also I forgot Hikarusdfjkhf was playing.

Woohoo just got back from sleep/school

##Unvote

I added my vote to Paperblade's in order to increase the pressure.

1) Who are you voting for if you're voting? If you aren't, why not?---Need to reassess what's going on before I can decide again.

2) Who do you feel is contributing the most?---Prims is doing a good job trying to make me a target, although I don't agree with it. Raymond is also being fairly productive.

3) The least? ----Hikarusa seems to have done very little.

I'd like to say that me being indecisive isn't new.

Just as a note in the public thread:

I really don't feel like playing mafia at the moment so I have requested to be replaced with someone else

a) Read a damn votecount.

b) ...and also you because you're not answering your own questions

a) was more of a "answer what may apply" thing

b) can be remedied

Furetchen, as you can see. I was voting for him for being inactive despite being online, something Darros is also guilty of.

Prims and Raymond are both contributing a good deal, as was Paperblade before he subbed out.

3) The least?

A lot of people. Admittedly, I'm not particularly helpful right now either.

Of note, some people have posted a lot of redundant or unhelpful things despite posting a lot (I'm kind of guilty of this too because I double post a lot, but a few of my posts that were thin on content were because I was in school and limited in the time department).

Darros, Furetchen, Kay, Proto, Kirsche, Nightmare, and myself could all pick up the pace.

a few other things I left out but can't edit in within the rules

Ether hasn't posted much either but he has made some relevant points. I would like to see more from him, though.

StSS is also quiet, which isn't very surprising, but has contributed at least a vote. Again, I'd like to see some more.

Lorddomu is also not saying very much.

also I know a few absences have reasons but some have no excuse.

Lorddomu is another person I forgot was playing.

I could maybe get behind a Darros lynch because he hasn't really done anything lately aside from defensively respond to Raymond. Thinking he should post some actual :words:.