Piercings

Hazuki

So one of my friends told me that after she loses some weight, she wants to get a belly ring piercing. We get into a discussion about piercings in general, and I'm a little surprised that she's so accepting of them, because I on the otherhand am not so supportive of them.

I mean, I simply don't like the idea of having piercings. It grosses me out like crazy. Now, I'm actually okay with your standard ear or belly rings, but once we get into nose or tongue piercings and involve things like bars, I begin to freak out. I know there's the whole "never judge a book by its cover" saying, but preferably I wouldn't want to speak with someone face to face with that kind of crazy stuff on if I didn't have to.

So what do you guys think about piercings? Do you find them cool or attractive? Do you have any, and if so, what and where? Those kind of questions.

It's funny, I talked with Imp about this last night.

Anyway, outside of nose and ear piercings, I don't find piercings attractive. However, I certainly don't find them disgusting, and when people go "ew why would you do that to yourself" I kind of go <_<.

People can choose to do what they want to themselves. I don't care if someone has 20 piercings or 0 piercings. That's good for them.

I don't find excessive piercing attractive, and from a social perspective, I think they can quickly go from classy to trashy. Having a piercing or two on your ears is okay, but when I see people with snake-bite piercings or bolts going through their eyebrows or anything like that, I shake my head a little and hope the baggage is worth it. XD In particular, I'm not a fan of nose, tongue, or belly rings, but that's just my personal tastes/what they remind me of.

I don't personally want one, and I don't care if others have one or not.

Though when people get them for reasons even they themselves don't understand, then I see a bit of a problem. One should at least understand why it is they desire to pin themselves with stripes and metals--not go through act expecting it to give them some sort of meaning after-the-fact.

I'm okay with girls and a piercing or two on the ears, but I really don't see why anyone would want any of the others, why would you want the feeling of something in or dangling out of your nose just like having snot always there? ... could someone explain this to me.

Also who are the guys in their right minds who wanted to get a feminine thing like a piercing

Edited by HongLei

Also who are the guys in their right minds who wanted to get a feminine thing like a piercing

I have one ear pierced and as long as it's not a feminine earring it's not feminine at all. Two of my friends, one girl and one guy, had me pierce their ears and they look good and weren't disgusted so I don't see what's wrong with it.

I haven't got a problem with it on other people, though I don't really find excessive piercing to be aesthetically pleasing. Really it's not my business why people choose to get piercings or suchlike.

I'm kind of sick of people telling me I'd look so great with pierced ears, though, because dal;kjfkjlkjf;lda;kjfd with the poking unnecessary holes in bits of my anatomy. I have a few clip earrings that don't look terribad but I don't wear them all that often, I forgot they existed for a while and am rarely in the mood to wear things that would go okay with earrings anyway.

I think earrings look good disregarding of gender, though I guess it'd look a little out of place for a dude to wear a really fancy flowery earring, but whatever floats his boat~

Other piercings can look alright if it's in moderation, like one nose or brow, no big deal, but I don't think it's all that aesthetically pleasing once you get more than that. I'm certainly not gonna judge the person based on whatever number of piercings they have. If they're willing to go through all those needles for whatever look they wanna achieve, their business, not mine.

I think the entire idea of puncturing a hole in any part of your body to shove some metal through it is idiotic.

even though ear piercings are generally accepted and regular in society, I don't see the difference with having any other part of the body pierced.

I don't think it looks attractive at all, more like the opposite.

Worthwhile people, for one :[

Also, piercings are not a "feminine" thing. A cultural thing, yeah, fashionable, ouioui, feminine? That's... close-mindedness.

A have a fun story for you all. There's this guy who visits the gas station I work at fairly often. He supposedly has over 20 piercings in his penis, and one night he wanted to show the girl I was working with.

Classy

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of piercings of any type. Even ear piercings are a bit displeasing to me.

Sadly I could only find this in Spanish? or whatever language it is, but if it's translated right, I agree with her answer as to why she got a tongue piercing.

So what exactly is the reason?

In anycase, I don't mind piercings on people. If they want to get it, they are free to do so. I might not understand why they do it (like stretching your ear out with spacers...)... Plus they hurt and stuff... why anyone would get them is beyond me specially in really sensitive areas *shivers*... In anycase i guess a few piercings are okay, but when you have like 10000 in your face it just gets ridiculous...

I had piercings in my ears but I took 'em out when they got infected. I liked them but I like tattoos more. That being said, I love people who get piercings. I have a lot of friends with nose piercings and they look great. A lot of friends of mine also have industrials and cartilage piercings and they look good too. I actually have a friend with... ~16 piercings. Most on her face but some are in...other places. I don't mind navel piercings but once you get beyond that I get a little wierded out.

I passed out getting my blood drawn...the past 4 times. Yea, I don't do needles, so no piercings for me.

I'm still trying to grasp the exciting concept of belly rings and nose rings. Why are they so popular?

It's really your call. I'll tell you if I think it looks ugly or not. For starters, nipple piercings that are rings instead of bars.

Belly button piercings are pretty hot. Same with clit piercings (if you have not had sex, you cannot say otherwise). I just don't understand a lot of facial ones.

I have two piercings in my ears and I intend on getting a third one once I come in to some more money. I honestly understand why people aren't too crazy about piercings. There is something about shoving little rods of metal into your flesh that gives people the willies. Heck, I don't understand why people get the corset/cheek/hip piercings, but they do. Honestly, there's worse things people do to themselves than get a piercing. I don't want to get in to the horrors of self-growing breast implants. *hides under a table*