The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

I'm feeling it Xenoblade 1 will be the game of the year for me....... despite being from 2010.

I really excited for the Switch port.

Getting Fairy Fencer F for 8€ is something I'd do in a heartbeat if I didn't have it already.

Same

Though I bought Persona 5 even if I own the PS3 version already simply because of all the DLCs for literally nothing.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well that's good at least. And i do recommend you give other Xenoblade games a shot in the future since the gameplay between each one differs enough that people have their own preferences so while you might not be feeling the gameplay too much in 2, you might in the other games. I've talked to folks who weren't that into Xenoblade 1's gameplay but really liked 2's and vice versa. And then Xenoblade X fans are on a higher plane of existence. Even between 2 and Torna, there's enough of a difference (2 is my overall favorite game but Torna does improve on 2's gameplay in most aspects).

I found out near the end of the game and i wish i had found out earlier since it was at a point where core chips were getting a bit expensive. But yeah, getting money really isn't an issue in Ch.4.

Echoing this. Every Xenoblade game is unique in it's own way. 

Well, I'm usually really over leveled so I have chips that are far superior to the store bought ones.

Finally, done with King Harald's challenges. Thought the last objective, beat fifteen revolts, would take long; but no, made it under a hundred years and just four generations. Hah, I had fourteen and thought the last would take long to happen, since all those heretical counties reconverted back so no more revolting heretics... and then a peasant revolt happened, giving me the last point, heh.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm bothering. I've long gained the points to unlock the CKIII goodies, which is the main reason to do these Monarch's Journeys. I guess just for being a completionist about it...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well that's good at least. And i do recommend you give other Xenoblade games a shot in the future since the gameplay between each one differs enough that people have their own preferences so while you might not be feeling the gameplay too much in 2, you might in the other games. I've talked to folks who weren't that into Xenoblade 1's gameplay but really liked 2's and vice versa. And then Xenoblade X fans are on a higher plane of existence. Even between 2 and Torna, there's enough of a difference (2 is my overall favorite game but Torna does improve on 2's gameplay in most aspects).

It's just now hitting me, but Torna actually comes from Zorn (pronounced "Tsorn"), the German word for Wrath.

I might just get the Definitive Edition of Xenoblade 1, actually. I'll look into that a little bit more first, though.

I watched a friend play Xenoblade X and while that game looked interesting, the menus seemed a bit convoluted and the hip hop/rap music in the main town area was a bit of a turn-off, so I didn't purchase it at the time (I don't have a Wii U, either, which is another big part of that decision, obviously).

Also, I tried the trick you told me about earlier and it works like a charm! I got to 178,000+ Gold in no time flat! That Core Crystal in Torigoth will be mine very, VERY soon!
As a nice side effect, the development levels for both Argentum and Mor Ardain rose to 3. They'll probably get to 5 before long.

And just because I thought it looked cool: here's Rex with his badass crew of badass Blades:
Ciompn9.jpg

I'm a bit overlevelled, too, I think. The enemies are starting to hit 30, while my party is, as you can see, at level 37. For reference, I'm at the point where the gang have reported to The Flamebringer Morag about the mysterious Nopon that carries off barrels of materials for Artificial Blades to what was supposed to be an abandoned lab.
I also fell down a giant hole into green goop once. Oops. Something tells me that area will be important later on.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Same

Though I bought Persona 5 even if I own the PS3 version already simply because of all the DLCs for literally nothing.

I won't blame you for doing so. Persona 5 is one of the best games I have ever played in my life.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

M81cXQD.png

Everybody looked so young and innocent back then...

0 AT arts bois...

I must correct myself by the way: That's still a thing in CS3.
Some battles devolved into spamming Diamond Nova and/or Albion Wolf (the by far best looking spell in any game ever; also the best spell in CS3) towards the end. It's glorious.

ngl i kinda miss Trails xD

Well, the Switch port of CS3 comes out this month (or was it next month?), so your longing won't be for... well, long, I suppose. Unless you decide "nah, I'm not getting that crap after DragonFlames b***ed about it for like... 20-something posts".

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, the Switch port of CS3 comes out this month (or was it next month?), so your longing won't be for... well, long, I suppose. Unless you decide "nah, I'm not getting that crap after DragonFlames b***ed about it for like... 20-something posts".

Nah, has nothing to do with your posts, but with me hating CS2 and the fact that i am waiting for Crossbell translation. Not touching CS3 before playing Crossbell lol xD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

https://youtu.be/TTrV3HByCI0?t=768 watch this potato quality video. This was me, showcasing why CS is ez, even on Nightmare xD

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nah, has nothing to do with your posts, but with me hating CS2 and the fact that i am waiting for Crossbell translation. Not touching CS3 before playing Crossbell lol xD

I see. That's good, then!
I want to play the Crossbell games, too. If what I've heard about them getting remastered is true, then I hope they'll take the opportunity and localize them, as well.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

https://youtu.be/TTrV3HByCI0?t=768 watch this potato quality video. This was me, showcasing why CS is ez, even on Nightmare xD

Well, well... good old Chrono Drive at it again. The enemy got one, maybe two attacks in and that's it. That's a curb-stomp if I ever saw one. XD
Which reminds me: Juna has a Craft that gives everyone another turn. It's a party-wide Chrono Burst, basically.

It wasn't potato-quality, either, tbh.

Also, HOLY SHIT THAT MUSIC! I listen to the soundtrack regularly, but hearing it in the game itself just adds to the hype of it all! A shame CS3 is a huge step backwards from that. Especially the victory theme. Boy, do I miss that victory theme... I think I'll need to replay CS1 sometime soon.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, i will get it on PC, not switch, so i can edit in music and get unlimited Bonding and stuff.

That might be a good idea, yeah. Especially the unlimited Bonding part makes the PC version more appealing.
I missed a bonding event with Fie because I was too curious about new Class VII. And no, I am not proud of that...

Well, well... good old Chrono Drive at it again.

SPD OP xD

In Sky using Speed boosts were a most, since enemies were alooooooot faster than you, while in CS they are slower than you, and with Chrono Drive you just out turn them lol

That's a curb-stomp if I ever saw one. XD

Every boss battle in CS1/2 except

Spoiler

Isra-Zamiel, Crow/Vira and Rean/Altina

has been a curb-stomp tbh.

Spoiler

Rean/Altina

is one of my fav. boss fights in the Series though

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rean/Altina

One i get bored of CS3 music, i will just mod that one from the video in xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

SPD OP xD

In Sky using Speed boosts were a most, since enemies were alooooooot faster than you, while in CS they are slower than you, and with Chrono Drive you just out turn them lol

Good thing broken strategies work across multiple games! In pretty much any turn-based game with that kind of timeline-based turn system (which, incidentally, happens to be my favorite turn-based system), you can handily cheese things by being several times faster than everything else. XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rean/Altina

is one of my fav. boss fights in the Series though

Let me guess

it's because you get to beat up Rean, right?

Jokes aside, that battle is pretty fun.
My personal favorite is very late in CS3. And no, it's not the final boss.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

One i get bored of CS3 music, i will just mod that one from the video in xD

An excellent decision. *nod, nod*

Good thing broken strategies work across multiple games! In pretty much any turn-based game with that kind of timeline-based turn system (which, incidentally, happens to be my favorite turn-based system), you can handily cheese things by being several times faster than everything else. XD

In Sky even with SPD +50% boost (of which there was no AOE art, only single target! There was an enemy SPD -50% nerf Aoe art though, and that was a must in every battle the enemy didn't resist nerfs), Bosses were still a bitch xD

Here's a comparison: Penultimate boss in Sky SC has 185 SPD on Nightmare iirc, while your party has 70-90 SPD lol. While in CS Bosses are rarely, if ever, faster than you.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Let me guess

that's one of the reasons, yes. I mean, look at the title of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKtwbeYezU xD

but not the main one haha.

My fav. Boss battle is in Sky3rd though. Without spoiling, that one battle in Sky 3rd can be described as an allstar battle.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Here's a comparison: Penultimate boss in Sky SC has 185 SPD on Nightmare iirc, while your party has 70-90 SPD lol. While in CS Bosses are rarely, if ever, faster than you.

Holy f***.
I believe the battle system in the Sky games is the same or at least similar to CS, yes?
If so, how many turns would that boss theoretically get before you ever get a single one under normal circumstances? I'm guessing you'd be on the receiving end of the curbstomp...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
that's one of the reasons, yes. I mean, look at the title of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKtwbeYezU xD

Nice! XD

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

the hip hop/rap music in the main town area was a bit of a turn-off

Can't believe you did the NLA theme dirty like that smh.

Ok but jokes aside, yeah Xenoblade X's soundtrack is kind of an aquired taste. I used to hate Black Tar (the regular battle theme) but i started liking it like two years ago. But the NLA theme is still trash lmao.

I might just get the Definitive Edition of Xenoblade 1, actually. I'll look into that a little bit more first, though.

Hopefully we're getting info on that soon since we don't really know much about the remake other than they are adding the Bionis' Shoulder area. I myself am hoping for some much needed improvements since certain parts of Xenoblade 1 right now feel rather archaic.

For reference, I'm at the point where the gang have reported to The Flamebringer Morag about the mysterious Nopon that carries off barrels of materials for Artificial Blades to what was supposed to be an abandoned lab.

Since you're in Mor Ardain, salvaging in this location (where the cursor is)

IMG_20200305_144531_1.jpg?width=623&heig

will allow you to get Kasandra, which is yet another garuanteed Rare Blade. Specifically what you have to do is buy the Greedy Monster info from any informant, then salvage at this spot and fight the Lv.39 Gluttonous Marrin. Getting him to pop up is RNG but you can maximize your chances by using Normal Cylinders and fail all the QTEs.

After you get the Lucky Core Crystal though, i recommend not summoning Kasandra right away.

Warning: the location of this salvage spot is filled with Lv.80+ monsters, including one that flies. Most of them are concentrated a bit to the north but if you don't want to take any chances, i recommend turning off enemy aggro for this particular spot. This is also the section that looks like you have to go through to progress the story but there is a safer path through the warehouse. It's kinda a maze in there though but it's better than being jumped by Lv.80+ monsters. I didn't know this my first time.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In Sky even with SPD +50% boost (of which there was no AOE art, only single target! There was an enemy SPD -50% nerf Aoe art though, and that was a must in every battle the enemy didn't resist nerfs), Bosses were still a bitch xD

Meanwhile in Sky FC you can just hit them with the Confuse and they literally can't do anything about it unless it's the final boss.

I remember when Confuse in Trails was like, the most broken thing. 

I believe the battle system in the Sky games is the same or at least similar to CS, yes?

It's the same, literally. Just with a different Quartz system and thus huge Art lists

MPNJq4L.jpg

And that's like, only 1/3 of the Arts Estelle has, and she isn't even the one that can get the most Arts. Some can have access up to like 50 Arts xD

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, that battle is super though.

You have to keep yourself buffed, to nerf enemy minions (since boss is immune), and to time you guards right so he doesn't just one shot you xD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, i remember that xD
Before they made everyone, mobs including, immune to it and added a huge AT Delay to it haha

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's the same, literally. Just with a different Quartz system and thus huge Art lists

A rather unpopular take but i personally prefer CS' Quartz system more. Mainly because i like knowing what i'm getting as opposed to having to mix and match and see what Arts come out of it. But i don't mind the old system either.

The manual does tell you all the combinations but the Crossbell translations purposely neglected to translate them.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah yes, i remember that xD
Before they made everyone, mobs including, immune to it and added a huge AT Delay to it haha

It's a shame that Trails fell victim to the age-old trope of "hey, those are nice debuffs and status effects you've got at your disposal. A shame everyone's immune to it". This isn't exclusive to Trails obviously but like, c'mon.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

the Crossbell translations purposely neglected to translate them.

One more reason to wait for geofront xD

I personally vastly prefer the old system, and quite hate the CS one.

Without the Bracer Notebook though that would've sucked, yes.

It's a shame that Trails fell victim to the age-old trope of "hey, those are nice debuffs and status effects you've got at your disposal. A shame everyone's immune to it". This isn't exclusive to Trails obviously but like, c'mon.

I like how they did it in Sky3rd. While Most Bosses were immune to stuff, boss minions usually weren't iirc.

Then again, i consider Sky3rd to be the best in the series, gameplay wise.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't believe you did the NLA theme dirty like that smh.

I'm just not a fan of rap/hip hop music, is all. XD

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but jokes aside, yeah Xenoblade X's soundtrack is kind of an aquired taste. I used to hate Black Tar (the regular battle theme) but i started liking it like two years ago. But the NLA theme is still trash lmao.

Yeah, some game soundtracks can take some time to get used to. I was like that with the majority of the Bravely Second soundtrack, but it's grown on me since then.

Hopefully we're getting info on that soon since we don't really know much about the remake other than they are adding the Bionis' Shoulder area. I myself am hoping for some much needed improvements since certain parts of Xenoblade 1 right now feel rather archaic.

I wasn't paying too much attention to when it was announced, but do we have a release date? If so, I believe we should be getting some info soon enough.
Or it's one of those remakes that keep everything from the original game, down to the clumsier parts of its design. Like the absolutely f***ed level scaling in HeartGold and SoulSilver, which was the one thing I hoped they'd improve from the original Gen 2 games.

Since you're in Mor Ardain, salvaging in this location (where the cursor is)

IMG_20200305_144531_1.jpg?width=623&heig

will allow you to get Kasandra, which is yet another garuanteed Rare Blade. Specifically what you have to do is buy the Greedy Monster info from any informant, then salvage at this spot and fight the Lv.39 Gluttonous Marrin. Getting him to pop up is RNG but you can maximize your chances by using Normal Cylinders and fail all the QTEs.

After you get the Lucky Core Crystal though, i recommend not summoning Kasandra right away.

Warning: the location of this salvage spot is filled with Lv.80+ monsters, including one that flies. Most of them are concentrated a bit to the north but if you don't want to take any chances, i recommend turning off enemy aggro for this particular spot. This is also the section that looks like you have to go through to progress the story but there is a safer path through the warehouse. It's kinda a maze in there though but it's better than being jumped by Lv.80+ monsters. I didn't know this my first time.

I don't think I can go there yet, but I'll definitely keep this in mind for when I see it. Thanks a bunch!
I believe I'd rather get to Level 39 myself before attempting to fight that thing, too.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

MPNJq4L.jpg

And that's like, only 1/3 of the Arts Estelle has, and she isn't even the one that can get the most Arts. Some can have access up to like 50 Arts xD

On one hand, I am glad they streamlined this a bit more, because that's just too many spells to reasonably keep track of.
On the other hand, it makes the Erebonian peeps come across as total scrubs and the Arcus unit as less impressive as it's supposed to be if all they can manage is, like, ten spells at most. XD

SPOILER is my favorite character already!

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now Freeze, Nightmare and Faint are the top dogs as far as ailments are concerned.

Whenever I see someone mention that trope, my first thought is "Final Fantasy", because those games are, in my experience, especially bad with this. Like, everything you'd actually want to use status effects on is f***ing immune to it.
On the other end of the spectrum, there's Etrian Odyssey, where inflicting status ailments is almost mandatory for certain fights.

On one hand, I am glad they streamlined this a bit more, because that's just too many spells to reasonably keep track of.

Imo, not really, since you start with a very small list and it keeps growing at a certain pace, so you can usually keep track of it. It's not like they throw the Arts at you xD

And yes, Arcus is a scrub. Literally the worst orbment system.

Arcus' strength comes from making power of friendship canon though xD

SPOILER is a good boi.

Whenever I see someone mention that trope, my first thought is "Final Fantasy", because those games are, in my experience, especially bad with this. Like, everything you'd actually want to use status effects on is f***ing immune to it.

trope fantasy

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

One more reason to wait for geofront xD

Once that comes out, i'll see if i can transfer my Crossbell saves to this. Assuming Geofront is translating the PSP versions and not the PC versions.

I wasn't paying too much attention to when it was announced, but do we have a release date?

Other than the rumored May 29th release date, nothing. Some folks speculate that it might release in December (pls no) because X and 2 were also released in December but in X's case, that was the Western version. Japan got it in April. And Torna was released in September.

At the latest, i'm hoping for June 10th, as that would be Xenoblade's 10th anniversary.

Or it's one of those remakes that keep everything from the original game, down to the clumsier parts of its design.

Well i would hope not haha. This is the first remake Xenoblade has ever gotten so it's hard to say what Monolith Soft's philosophy on remakes are however, Monolith Soft is very good at taking feedback and just making genuine improvements in general. I would imagine XenoblaDE will have some of the improvements brought by X, 2 and Torna. And considering a major piece of cut content is being brought back, i'd say Monolith Soft is going all out with this remake.

At the very least, i just want the level penalties to be gone. Being punished for fighting enemies slightly higher leveled than you is bullshit design imo. And it's not a case of "well duh, it's stronger" what Xenoblade 1's level penalties did was actually buff the enemy and nerf your party (or vice versa if you were stronger and the enemy was weaker) based on how big the difference in levels were. It's bad and there's a reason why this mechanic has never showed up again. 

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

On the other hand, it makes the Erebonian peeps come across as total scrubs and the Arcus unit as less impressive as it's supposed to be if all they can manage is, like, ten spells at most. XD

The irony is that Arcus units are supposed to be the latest model. The Crossbell games use the previous models which were called Enigma (the Enigma 2 is what introduced Master Quartz) and i forget what Orbment model Sky uses. 

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I heard someone talk about how Final Fantasy is kinda responsible from of the genre's most notorious tropes. In addition to that, he also talked about how Final Fantasy kinda encouraged players to horde their items instead of actually using them. Now, i've only played FF7 (and didn't even finish it) so i can't say exactly accurate that statement was but at least in regards to status effect immunity, this is correct.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Imo, not really, since you start with a very small list and it keeps growing at a certain pace, so you can usually keep track of it. It's not like they throw the Arts at you xD

Okay, yeah, that does seem to be better.

Arcus' strength comes from making power of friendship canon though xD

And you know what? I'm fine with that. Friendship is a wonderful thing that deserves to be celebrated.

SPOILER is a good boi.

BEST boi, you mean. XD
Though Kurt has claimed that title in terms of Trails bois. In my opinion, at least.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Other than the rumored May 29th release date, nothing. Some folks speculate that it might release in December (pls no) because X and 2 were also released in December but in X's case, that was the Western version. Japan got it in April. And Torna was released in September.

At the latest, i'm hoping for June 10th, as that would be Xenoblade's 10th anniversary.

May 29th would be awesome, because it's my birthday. I do hope that they take their time with it, though, and release it when it's absolutely ready.
There are too many games these days that obviously needed more time in the oven: Pokémon Sword and Shield, Dynasty Warriors 9 (this one was a complete disaster at launch, as far as I've heard), and pretty much every major "AAA" game released in the past decade.

Well i would hope not haha. This is the first remake Xenoblade has ever gotten so it's hard to say what Monolith Soft's philosophy on remakes are however, Monolith Soft is very good at taking feedback and just making genuine improvements in general. I would imagine XenoblaDE will have some of the improvements brought by X, 2 and Torna. And considering a major piece of cut content is being brought back, i'd say Monolith Soft is going all out with this remake.

That does seem great! I hope they follow through with this.

At the very least, i just want the level penalties to be gone. Being punished for fighting enemies slightly higher leveled than you is bullshit design imo. And it's not a case of "well duh, it's stronger" what Xenoblade 1's level penalties did was actually buff the enemy and nerf your party (or vice versa if you were stronger and the enemy was weaker) based on how big the difference in levels were. It's bad and there's a reason why this mechanic has never showed up again.

I hope to whatever deity is willing to listen that this doesn't return ever.

The irony is that Arcus units are supposed to be the latest model.

It doesn't exactly deliver on that hype, now does it? XD

Then CS3 comes around and allows for two Master Quartz, although the second doesn't give you all the benefits. It does make for some utterly broken builds, though...

I heard someone talk about how Final Fantasy is kinda responsible from of the genre's most notorious tropes. In addition to that, he also talked about how Final Fantasy kinda encouraged players to horde their items instead of actually using them. Now, i've only played FF7 (and didn't even finish it) so i can't say exactly accurate that statement was but at least in regards to status effect immunity, this is correct.

Yeah, that assessment seems accurate. I myself have only played newer FF games (10 onwards), but some of the genre's more egregious weaknesses are certainly all present and no effort is ever made to alleviate those issues.
Part of the reason I consider FF to be vastly overhyped, tbh.

Edited by DragonFlames

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As someone who has played every FF, I dont think this is actually a thing, as that's the players choice whether or not they use items.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, that assessment seems accurate. I myself have only played newer FF games (10 onwards), but some of the genre's more egregious weaknesses are certainly all present and no effort is ever made to alleviate those issues.
Part of the reason I consider FF to be vastly overhyped, tbh.

Curious, what would you consider a huge issue?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Curious, what would you consider a huge issue?

Let me preface this by saying that all of the following is my opinion only:

In general, the games do a lot of what I like to call "cheap tactics", like spamming status effects faster than you can cure them, employ BS gimmicks you can do nothing against if you don't know what's coming, vast amounts of "My rules are not your rules" (for example, enemies still being able to use magic even though the boss employed a magic barrier of some kind); bosses that are flat-out immune to everything but raw damage, meaning any "strategy" is out the window, damage sponge bosses that aren't hard to fight nor satisfying to beat, ATB being a bad mechanic in general, BS insta-kills like the infamous Bad Breath ambushes (who thought that was a good idea?), elemental spells becoming utterly useless after a certain point, and so on. 

Let me preface this by saying that all of the following is my opinion only:

In general, the games do a lot of what I like to call "cheap tactics", like spamming status effects faster than you can cure them, employ BS gimmicks you can do nothing against if you don't know what's coming, vast amounts of "My rules are not your rules" (for example, enemies still being able to use magic even though the boss employed a magic barrier of some kind); bosses that are flat-out immune to everything but raw damage, meaning any "strategy" is out the window, damage sponge bosses that aren't hard to fight nor satisfying to beat, ATB being a bad mechanic in general, BS insta-kills like the infamous Bad Breath ambushes (who thought that was a good idea?), elemental spells becoming utterly useless after a certain point, and so on. 

So most of what you said makes me think FFX, which I can say the battle system isnt the best one. But there is plenty strategy In XII and XIII, mostly XIII, though. Also, the Molboro bad breath is stoppable by first strike on a weapon, to be fair. But I think that the other mentioned things are fair points, considering you haven't played IX and down.