The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I mean, I probably am actively dying of cold when I do that, I just don't feel it.

Should I be concerned?
I guess it would not be so bad once you get used to it.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

BRUH

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I used to be part of the anti short alliance a few years ago 

not anymore after all that heat xD

I don't even have a particular reason for it. I just never felt comfortable wearing them.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, me, an American, currently being confused by Celsius.

...Real chads use Kelvin instead.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw Xenopros, be careful with spoilers in the future
some of us will play it for the first time xD

👍 it's all good, don't worry.

Bit of advice btw, it looks like it's time to turn on those YouTube video blocker extensions. Appearently XenoblaDE's final boss has been leaked because of course it has.

Both newcomers and veterans will have to be careful going into these next two weeks.

58 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd say try to finish games you started before starting a new one.

Silly DragonFlames. Nobody actually finishes their games. Like, imagine actually finishing a backlog hahahaha.

Jokes aside, we're all guilty of not finishing a game before starting a new one. Like for example, i started Ys 7 and played that for a bit and then went on to play eight Atelier games. And i still haven't beaten Ys 7 and now XenoblaDE won't let me beat Ys 7 or Cold Steel 3 or any other game i was playing before.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, I probably am actively dying of cold when I do that, I just don't feel it.

See, i'm not the only one. And people would say i'm an alien for not feeling cold when it's cold.

Every native Floridian won't survive the ice age.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Then again, I never wear shorts, no matter the weather.

As a Floridian, i can't understand this statement.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jokes aside, we're all guilty of not finishing a game before starting a new one. Like for example, i started Ys 7 and played that for a bit and then went on to play eight Atelier games. And i still haven't beaten Ys 7 and now XenoblaDE won't let me beat Ys 7 or Cold Steel 3 or any other game i was playing before.

I won't exempt myself from this, either (hence my glass house comment).

Edited by DragonFlames

Yeah, enjoyment is a pretty big factor when it comes to actually finishing games. Usually, a game that I enjoy, I will finish, especially if it is a first playthrough.
If I play a new game, and then suddenly feel like playing a different game I already beat once, that's not a good sign. Depending on the game, I will go back to it and beat it after the break (a recent example of such being that Trails game everybody *cough* loves), and I have played new and old games simultaneously, switching between them depending on my current mood, but for most games, once I leave it, that tends to be the end of that.
Though that didn't happen too often so far.

What I meant was starting a new game before actually finishing an old one no matter the enjoyment, like starting a new playthrough of Megadimension Neptunia VII before finishing a run of Atelier Sophie, for example. I tend to do stuff like that fairly often, which is why I'd call myself out on being guilty of starting games before finishing others, too.

Zeiss is still kinda Germany too.

I prefer the cooler temperatures because it's more way tempting for gaming. I hate having the days with ≥25 °C in my room.

I have the bad attitude of not finishing games I don't enjoy too much. Though I'm working on it! I've about 25 unfinished games for PC, PS4 and Switch, but I do my best to finish at least a third of them till the end of the year. If I had finished Cold Steel IV, I would have finished my fourth game within the past two months which would be a pretty good result for myself (comparing I haven't finished one single game till March).

Edited by Falcom Knight

I've restarted about 10 times to try to get a good map as China (and I had one good map, but sacrificed it when it turned out to be a surprise pangaea and I was unhappy with that.

I'm realizing the unending tracts of Great Wall I desire to create for incredible yields of Culture and Tourism, is very difficult to establish, even on Sparse Resources and Old World Age to create an emptier and less hilly world. Resources and features you can't remove or want to, mountains, water, districts and Wonders you want to build. A full-fledged city entirely surrounded by 18 pieces of wall for a whopping 72 Culture/Tourism and 106 Gold is next to impossible. No map can sate my desire to try Great Wall zaniness. Yet without the strategic use of Great Wall, China can't be especially good at a Cultural Victory, and is reduced to a very generalist civ with no particularly strong advantages towards any victory anywhere. 

China runs into the same problem with Canada's National Park spam I attempted earlier which I should've won with, except the only way to defeat Kongo in a Culture game is to nuke 'em. Optimizing the use of National Parks and Great Wall in the lategame for the Cultural Victory, involves sacrifices in the use of space in the earlygame and midgame. An interesting challenge, but a real headache. I think I prefer Kupe for Cultural now, because I leave everything untouched and benefit through the game for it, simple as that.

Okay, take, another, Civ VI break. I'm burning myself out on it, and I need to try to get back to other games.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Silly DragonFlames. Nobody actually finishes their games. Like, imagine actually finishing a backlog hahahaha.

Jokes aside, we're all guilty of not finishing a few dozen games before starting a new one. Like for example, i started Ys 7 and played that for a bit and then went on to play eight Atelier games. And i still haven't beaten Ys 7 and now XenoblaDE won't let me beat Ys 7 or Cold Steel 3 or any other game i was playing before.

:lol: Minor correction!

There is always an element of a "oooh new, shiny!" short attention span for me in my constant shifting from game to game. Someone is going to have to inter my games + consoles in my grave so I can finish my backlog the afterlife I'm afraid to say in all seriousness at this point. 

Some games I stop because they were straining my interest in some way, but other times, I just stop playing one day for no reason. And it haunts me to no end the titles I've never finished, or worse, never even played. Makes spending money on a one-time experience, say the relic of old humanity that was called a "concert", not such a waste really.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EX6lkVxUMAEtAfU?format=png&name=360x360

B E S T E S T

Cute indeed.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160503035022

But I prefer a little radiance.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I once saw someone call the Nopon "Furbies that talk like Jar Jar Binks" and I can't get away from that comparison anymore.

I've seen that very hated dude once or twice a few eons ago, his mere visual appearance still in my memory is horrible. It sounds as though I should be thankful to know nothing else of him. If you were looking for something that looked a bit closer to Le Infame in Xenoblade:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150210174941

latest?cb=20160321155248

Meet the Ma-non. Voices on helium, but none of the Nopon cutesy talk, normal grammar it its entirety.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I once saw a video on Xenoblade 2 that called the Nopon "Furbies that talk like Jar Jar Binks" and I can't get away from that comparison anymore.

That's not.........entierly wrong. But unlike Jar Jar, you can actually understand what the Nopon say.

But if you want the actual Xeno furbie

latest?cb=20150430054915

Meet Chu-Chu from Xenogears and the original "Xeno furry mascot". A party member unique in that you can actually choose her name. She's also unique in that she's completely useless on both on-foot and Gear battles.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I just stop playing one day for no reason.

This is something that becomes more common as one gets older, i feel like. As your responsibilties grow, your game time diminishes and sometimes you just stop playing certain games because of it. Maybe you eventually finish them, maybe you don't but that's what happens.

They removed Smash from the roster, God bless. 

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh boy

Part of me really wanted to see Wi-Fi Samus Main #23030 win EVO because that would've been really funny but Smash not being there is a small price to pay for salvation.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is something that becomes more common as one gets older, i feel like. As your responsibilties grow, your game time diminishes and sometimes you just stop playing certain games because of it. Maybe you eventually finish them, maybe you don't but that's what happens.

Except, I don't have responsibilities. :awesome: I've floated through life too easy and it's still directionless for me. It feels wrong considering what others go through and the idea that everyone should be a productive member of society, but righting it with a job in the current world won't be easy to get, yet I've gotten away with it.

Ironically, I felt being in school made me more driven in playing video games. Having something to want to momentarily escape from, strengthened the joy of gaming. Having no responsibilities makes video games a treatment for ennui, and thats not as thrilling, so I don't finish five games a month like one would expect if one could spent all their time on video games.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She's also unique in that she's completely useless on both on-foot and Gear battles.

Some people got the mistaken impression she can use her on-foot skills in Gear battles. I never remember seeing any transfer over. She'd have a Gear niche if she did, her healing skill would be great, since the only other way to patch up a Gear is consuming great quantities of fuel. The limitedness of healing in Gears (though fuel can be infinitely recharged mid-fight I concede) was a fault of it I felt.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've seen that very hated dude once or twice a few eons ago, his mere visual appearance still in my memory is horrible. It sounds as though I should be thankful to know nothing else of him. If you were looking for something that looked a bit closer to Le Infame in Xenoblade:

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20150210174941

latest?cb=20160321155248

Meet the Ma-non. Voices on helium, but none of the Nopon cutesy talk, normal grammar it its entirety.

These guys probably aren't half as annoying as he is (and despite the similarities, they look a lot better, too).

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's not.........entierly wrong. But unlike Jar Jar, you can actually understand what the Nopon say.

Shots fired. XD

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

But if you want the actual Xeno furbie

latest?cb=20150430054915

Meet Chu-Chu from Xenogears and the original "Xeno furry mascot". A party member unique in that you can actually choose her name. She's also unique in that she's completely useless on both on-foot and Gear battles.

That is adorable! Shame about the useless in battle part, though.

---

Speaking of mascot characters, I noticed that many JRPGs have at least one. Final Fantasy has Moogles and Chocobos, Xenoblade has the Nopon, Persona 5 has Morgana, Persona 4 has Teddie (who is by far the worst out of all of them), 7th Dragon III has Nagamimi, Nights of Azure has the black cat (also the Servans in general, I suppose), Fairy Fencer F has Pippin, and Megadimension Neptunia VII has Umio (who is by far the best one).

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

EX6lkVxUMAEtAfU?format=png&name=360x360

B E S T E S T

I can't believe they would just show off the game's final boss like that, truly Monolith doesn't care about spoilers.

Anyway our latest news has given us some artwork and screenshots for Dickson, Mumkhar, and Alvis.

They even point out Alvis's new necklace, those lunatics.

WHAT

Nintendo really just said "new Paper Mario game" and then left.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ironically, I felt being in school made me more driven in playing video games. Having something to want to momentarily escape from, strengthened the joy of gaming.

I can relate to this even if it was to the detriment of some of my grades.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Some people got the mistaken impression she can use her on-foot skills in Gear battles. I never remember seeing any transfer over. She'd have a Gear niche if she did, her healing skill would be great, since the only other way to patch up a Gear is consuming great quantities of fuel.

Yeah they don't. But even if her on-foot skills did transfer over, i'm not sure how good her Gear niche could be. Gear healing is nice but with only three party members at a time (could you swap out whenever? I don't remember, also i don't mean mid-combat, i just mean generally), not sure if having Chu-Chu take up a slot would be a good move. It's the same with Maria but Maria actually is useful when she's in Seibzehn.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of mascot characters, I noticed that many JRPGs have at least one. Final Fantasy has Moogles and Chocobos, Xenoblade has the Nopon, Persona 5 has Morgana, Persona 4 has Teddie (who is by far the worst out of all of them), 7th Dragon III has Nagamimi, Nights of Azure has the black cat (also the Servans in general, I suppose), Fairy Fencer F has Pippin, and Megadimension Neptunia VII has Umio (who is by far the best one).

They have them for the same reason sports teams have an animal mascot. Just to give some universally recognized figure.

Like, you look at Final Fantasy. Most of the games are self-contained and don't really have anything to do with each other but universal elements like the Chocobos help keep a sense of familiarity.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Anyway our latest news has given us some artwork and screenshots for Dickson, Mumkhar, and Alvis.

Mumkhar's new facial expressions are meme-worthy.

Edited by Armagon