The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

NktKgrN.png?1

Wow, now it costs as much as on release day.

People are using the unplanned time at home well.

58 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm still waiting on rain over here. Hopefully it'll happen soon.

There are a few single rain drops, definitely not enough.

At least it has become a bit cooler.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

There are a few single rain drops, definitely not enough.

At least it has become a bit cooler.

Here, it still feels like a greenhouse.
Looking forward to tonight. Ugh...

....hopefully it won't be that bad tonight, considering i slept a total of 1 hour last night lol

Then again, it isn't that hot here atm (22 + cloudy, which is quite ok)... Or maybe because i didn't sleep enough i am not feeling the heat lol

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Artwise, I did like how much attention they gave to XC1 SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

I'm a bit surprised Takahashi and others liked Mumkhar so much, and that the artwork pointed out an upgrade Metal Face gets at/post Prison Island. I never noticed it, what the book suggests is obvious, was too subtle for me.

Oh really? I noticed it on my first playthrough. Although to be fair, it's just the chest area that gets changed (the upgrade makes it more feasible that someone is inside piloting it).

Curiously, it sounds like in spite of the artwork of Vanea with a whip, they never considered her for a playable Machina. They didn't mention her and suggest Linada would've interested them more (but as Vanea is Mayneth's resurrector and Egil's sister, I'm convinced she'd make much more sense).

Yeah, i'm surprised too. I knew about Vanea having a whip but because the book wasn't fully-translated yet, i guess people just assumed it meant she was planned to be playable. With the Bionis Shoulder being brought back, everyone speculated if Vanea would be playable but i guess she really was never gonna be considered.

Side-note but i really like Linada's design the most out of all the Machina characters. Though the butt helmet looks silly.

So on a spectrum of mechanical to organic: androids, Realians, cyborgs, and humans? Or is Realian more human than cyborg?

Realians are much more human than cyborg. With a cyborg, it varies. Technically, having a robot arm already makes you a cyborg by defenition but you'd still be more human in that sense. But the Episode II database states that there's a distinction between people who simply get mechanical replacements for damaged body parts and people who died and were then revived as cyborgs.

However, because of how similar Realians are to humans, they often get discriminated against for not being "real", despite galactic law protecting them and granting them rights. Cyborgs did get it worse because those that didn't become battle cyborgs tended to get assigned to manual labor and the like with no rights. It could be because they were seen as more blatently machine than man, whereas you can't tell the difference between a human and Realian just by looking at them. That and by the time Episode I rolled around, reviving a dead person by turning them into a cyborg is considered unethical. Worth noting that becoming a cyborg was all by consent (well, legally anyway), much like how donating one's organs requires consent.

The ethical reasons, alongside with the emergance of nano and Realian technology, has made cyborgs a relic of the past.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So on a spectrum of mechanical to organic: androids, Realians, cyborgs, and humans? Or is Realian more human than cyborg?

Spoiler

It would be curious if the people in X consider themselves human after being forced to live in the mims forever. Considering NLA has resturants, i'd imagine they still need nutrition so that aspect of living is covered. But i remember in the final chapter, when Elma is explaining that they'll be able transfer the concious back into their real bodies, Doug, i think, was skeptical about it, saying "how do i know it's really gonna be me" or something like that and i'd imagine he's not the only one. And it's interesting that you bring up the soul because as it is right now, Xenoblade X is the only Xeno game with no confirmation of souls. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

IF's and Compa's roles have severely dimished with each game. Deuteragonists in Re;Birth 1, lost relevance each game going forward

Pretty interesting how the two characters that represent the IP holder and publishers of Neptunia get less relevant with each game.

Though i guess IF did get a lead role in Superdimension, which is like the one spin-off that plays closest to the mainline games.

39 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

NktKgrN.png?1

Wow, now it costs as much as on release day.

Nintendo doesn't do price drops.

Also i didn't realize a new Switch was more expensive in Germany. That's $543, about more than $200 more than the Switch's price in the US.

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Here, it still feels like a greenhouse.
Looking forward to tonight. Ugh...

You should come to Florida. It's always a greenhouse here.

Sunshine State? More like Greenhouse State haha gottem.

Very cool how one of the quotes duplicated and my attempt to edit it was met with "this post can no longer be edited because too much time has passed" despite it being like a literal minute.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

shall we as usual blame Floridaman

Yes. Always blame Florida Man.

Really looking forward to for when i'm able to move back to the land of my birth that is Conneticut. Or somewhere else where it's cold. Though living on the State right next to the US' biggest Covid epicenter isn't a good idea rn. I can wait a few years.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nintendo doesn't do price drops.

Also i didn't realize a new Switch was more expensive in Germany. That's $543, about more than $200 more than the Switch's price in the US.

No, the price rised because of the low stock. While the pandemy the sale figures of the Switch rised massively. It's even sold out in lots of stores. The Switch cost 300 € (325 $) before the pandemy. Still the rise of 60% kinda shocked me.

Florida is pretty much the least US state I would like to live because of the tropical conditions and being afraid of Hurricanes every year. Though Texas and Oklahoma are definitely more danger zone. The states with the most bearable weather (California and Washington) lie in an earthquake area.

Edited by Falcom Knight

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

No, the price rised because of the low stock.

While the pandemy the sale figures of the Switch rised massively.

It's even sold out in lots of stores.

The Switch cost 300 € (325 $) before the pandemy.

Actually, yeah you're right. I just checked Amazon for the US and the prices are in the $500s range, with the special bundles going up to $600.

The Switch Lite's have it way easier because nobody wants them.

I wonder what would be the next cross-piloting event in SRW DD...

One should actually happen in the next main SRW game. It used to, back in the older games. I miss that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It's rainin' (men)! Hallelujah, it's rainin' (men)!
And it's a veritable storm. Holy crap!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
Pretty interesting how the two characters that represent the IP holder and publishers of Neptunia get less relevant with each game.

Very much so. It piqued my interest, too, which is why I looked deeper into the subject (as deep as you can go, anyway).
Though I can understand it, seeing as how the other Makers seemingly got the boot entirely, and the games start to focus a lot more on developing their main group of eight (with Nepgear and Uni receiving particular favoritism on that front in MegaNep VII), and with a new character introduced pretty much every game (in MegaNep, it's Uzume, Umio and the older Neptune), it's no wonder the non-CPU " old guard" falls a bit out of focus, as it were.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
You should come to Florida. It's always a greenhouse here.

Sunshine State? More like Greenhouse State haha gottem.

XD
If it is always humid, you can at least get used to it. When it's only occasionally so, it's a little harder to do so, especially when you're sensitive to weather changes.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though I can understand it, seeing as how the other Makers seemingly got the boot entirely

Well, we got the new makes (sha characters) instead.

Inb4 they get the boot, too

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

with Nepgear and Uni receiving particular favoritism on that front in MegaNep VII

Neptunes and Uzume made MegaNep for me. Nepgear and Uni were cool there, true, but i wouldn't call them face of the game/receiving favoritism.

But it's also true that MegaNep is what warmed me up on the Candidates.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, we got the new makes (sha characters) instead.

Inb4 they get the boot, too

I hope not!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Neptunes and Uzume made MegaNep for me. Nepgear and Uni were cool there, true, but i wouldn't call them face of the game/receiving favoritism.

But it's also true that MegaNep what warmed me up on the Candidates.

By Uni/Nepgear favoritism, I meant that, out of everyone that isn't Neptune, bigger Neptune, or Uzume (who, along with Nepgear, are the main characters of this game) they get the spotlight for large portions of the game, and they get the most character building moments out of every returning character. Especially the start of the third act when Nep and the others are captured is a strong example of this, where the friendship Nepgear and Uni share really shines through as well.

Now, the game does a great job of portraying nearly every character well, but these two I feel like stuck out from the crowd a little when it comes to character development (also taking Re;Birth 2 into consideration, of course).

What made MegaNep for me, however, was the dynamic between Uzume, Nepgear, little Neptune, and bigger Neptune. Those four are just plain awesome together.
I LOVE the Zero Dimension arc in particular because of this. It's probably my favorite start to any game I've played. 

Have I mentioned I love this game yet?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

For me the scene that stuck out the must is Nep and Planeptune Citizens hehe.

That scene is one of my favorites, definitely.
The four dream sequences in general are a treasure trove for character analysis. The game does offer some itself (particularly in Neptune's and Vert's), but there is more to be looked at, I think.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You did? When? I don't remember you saying so at all!

xD

I know, right? Jeez, such a revelation! XD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

The four dream sequences in general are a treasure trove for character analysis. The game does offer some itself (particularly in Neptune's and Vert's), but there is more to be looked at, I think.

Reminds me that i wanted to write a Nep character analysis wall post some day...

But too lazy xD

Well, i will just leave what was suppossed to be the Title of the post over here:

Neptune, the selfless selfish CPU

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Reminds me that i wanted to write a Nep character analysis wall post some day...

But too lazy xD

Well, i will just leave what was suppossed to be the Title of the post over here:

Neptune, the selfless selfish CPU

That title sums up Neptune pretty well from what I've seen and know of her.
I'm thinking about doing one on Nepgear and/or Uni one of these days. That could be potentially interesting.
Have to remind myself to really dig in to this once I get back to Re;Birth 2 as part of my Nep marathon to celebrate one year of being a Nep fan.

Edited by DragonFlames

b1AO4RP.jpg

source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/81773352

Best Girl, Sailor edition.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That could be potentially interesting.

Umu.

But too much work, no? xD

Like for the Nep analysis post i already had everything planned in my head...

but the amount of writing... xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Umu.

But too much work, no? xD

It could be, but I have a special interest due to writing a story myself and due to potentially doing something like this for a living, so getting to practice it may not hurt.
If it turns out to really be too much work or if it proves ultimately fruitless, however, I won't do it.