The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Just now, Shrimperor said:

That's a very common opinion from what i've heard. 

in fact, i hear alot that the one of the bigger weaknesses of CS3/4 is the old Class 7.

Each Chapter so far had a part where you play as Rean + some members of the Old Class VII (so far, it was four each time) + one playable character from an older game altogether and each time I wished it would let me continue to keep playing as the new guys (plus the character from an older game, of course).
Though on the other hand, it wouldn't have made much sense for them to not appear at all. Them being playable is just the next logical step. And it seems to be just a once-per-chapter thing, anyway. Same with their bonding events, it seems, which makes me wonder how you're supposed to max out their bond levels by the end of it all (though you can give your allies gifts in this game that increases the bond level, so maybe it'll have something to do with that).

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

and the night just started great. Riip soup

My condolences.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time to do a pro Byleth move and spam gifts

In the immortal words of Anna: "That's not possible", because you can get each gift only once and it's predetermined who gets the gift. It says it in the description for them.
Not that I'd want to max out every person's bond levels, anyhow.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In the immortal words of Anna: "That's not possible", because you can get each gift only once and it's predetermined who gets the gift. It says it in the description for them.

Ah, Ys 8 like then.

Then pull a pro Adol move and GIFT EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM

8 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I just woke up too......thanks to my cough.

Being sick and unable to sleep is the worst.

While I don't hate Alisa, her character never did much for me.

Edited by DragonFlames

I just learned that CFL banned Yoshi's Island and it further strengthens my belief that Smashers are wee little babies when it comes to stages with slants. 

8 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

How on earth can Rixia be forgotten?! 

She's best girl of Crossbell. 

7 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

That's not Noel.
ka10108.png.df1ce4649464a8f34c0164a3ed34d915.png

Y'all, that's a real funny way of spelling Elie.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I actually don't know why. Though I guess given how the characters talk about the cat, it was important to the Crossbell crew and they wanted to feature that somehow.

Oh that cat. Yeah iirc, there was a cat that lived on the roof of the SSS building. You could feed it too.

Also i saw you completed Ch.2. Fun fact, the dungeon you just did was also in Trails to Zero. Actually, the Crossbell portions of both CS3 and 4 make up like 80% of Crossbell. Yeah, Crossbell's small. Falcom has most of the assests avaliable if they wanted to remake the Crossbell games in HD (which they won't because the Kai versions are being a thing).

53 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's a very common opinion from what i've heard. 

Probably because New Class VII is just smaller and as a result, none of them really suffer character irrelevancy syndrome, which is a very common thing in JRPGs.

Regarding Cold Steel's best girls, I agree with Alisa being the best. Emma's a really close second though. 

So it's 2v2, TeamFie vs. TeamAlisa

Time to settle it in smash

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just learned that CFL banned Yoshi's Island and it further strengthens my belief that Smashers are wee little babies when it comes to stages with slants. 

Smashers and banning anything that isn't plain, name a more iconic duo

Probably because New Class VII is just smaller and as a result, none of them really suffer character irrelevancy syndrome, which is a very common thing in JRPGs.

YUUUUUUUUP. CS1/2 needed the cast cut by half

>I just woke up too......thanks to my cough. 

One of the worst feelings in the world <.<

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh that cat. Yeah iirc, there was a cat that lived on the roof of the SSS building. You could feed it too.

Yup, that's the one! There was a scene with it before the quest became available, too.

Also i saw you completed Ch.2. Fun fact, the dungeon you just did was also in Trails to Zero. Actually, the Crossbell portions of both CS3 and 4 make up like 80% of Crossbell. Yeah, Crossbell's small. Falcom has most of the assests avaliable if they wanted to remake the Crossbell games in HD (which they won't because the Kai versions are being a thing).

I figured that dungeon was there in the Crossbell games, too. Kinda sad to hear that what I saw is basically all Crossbell has to offer.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Emma's a really close second though. 

Ayyy!
Ngl, going purely from a story perspective, Emma would make the most sense as Rean's "main girl".

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I suck at Smash, though.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Ngl, going purely from a story perspective, Emma would make the most sense as Rean's "main girl".

Yup. Always felt that as well.

I wouldn't have minded Alisa as 'main girl' either if she was more fleshed out and there was no bonding system. 

I suck at Smash, though.

implying i am any good. Still not really used to the game xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I wouldn't have minded Alisa as 'main girl' either if she was more fleshed out and there was no bonding system.

Same.
But with the bonding system present, having a 'main girl' at all just feels wrong. It's the same weird situation with Azura in Fates or Sumia for Chrom in Awakening, really.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't even have Ultimate, that's how bad I am.

Screenshot_20200206-213921.png?width=207

Screenshot_20200206-214007.png?width=207

Screenshot_20200206-214020.png?width=207

Xenoblade fans on my Twitter TL just reposting the XenoblaDE trailer. Xenoblade fans are losing it. 

Me. I'm Xenoblade fans. Please Nintendo, it's been over 150 days.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tenor_4.gif

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Kinda sad to hear that what I saw is basically all Crossbell has to offer.

For now. CS4 gives you acess to the theme park. And just like in Trails of Azure, there's minigames you can do in there.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I suck at Smash, though.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So what you're saying is i can destroy both of you singlehandely?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Me. I'm Xenoblade fans. Please Nintendo, it's been over 150 days.

Probably this E3 you will get something.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But with the bonding system present, having a 'main girl' at all just feels wrong

yup, and maybe it's me, but i don't see the chemistry and development between Rean and Alisa at all

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't even have Ultimate, that's how bad I am.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i will face the representive of TeamAlisa alone?

For now. CS4 gives you acess to the theme park. And just like in Trails of Azure, there's minigames you can do in there.

Yay!

Me, most definitely. I suck at PvP Smash. My "skills" are good enough to beat level 9 CPUs in Brawl PvE and I can beat some Subspace Emissary bosses on the hardest difficulty, or rather, I could at one point. Since I haven't played in a while, it's doubtful that I still can do so now.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yup, and maybe it's me, but i don't see the chemistry and development between Rean and Alisa at all

Agreed.

The same holds true for Kurt and Juna. Fans are shipping these two like crazy and I'm here like "the heck are you talking about? Nothing about their interactions past Chapter 1 implies more than a normal, close friendship".

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So i will face the representive of TeamAlisa alone?

My apologies, friend. You will have my moral support, though!

Probably this E3 you will get something.

I think we'll get something before then. We're hopefully getting a Nintendo Direct this month and there should be news on that. There is a rumor from reputable sources that XenoblaDE is releasing May 29th. Whether that's true or not, who knows but May 29th falls on Friday, which when most Nintendo games release so it's plausible. Ideally, June 10th would be the best date as that's the 10th anniversary of Xenoblade Chronicles and also when Monolith Soft took the title of King of the JRPG Industry but that's not on a Friday.

The same holds true for Kurt and Juna. Fans are shipping these two like crazy and I'm here like "the heck are you talking about? Nothing about their interactions past Chapter 1 implies more than a normal, close friendship".

People are shipping Kurt and Juna? What?

I mean, i don't really pay attention to ships. I just go for whatever's canon/heavily implied. And from what i remember, Kurt/Juna was neither.

"Arc of Alchemist would be bad enough with its passable story and bland gameplay, but we feel that special mention needs to be made about the atrocious performance, docked or handheld. Arc of Alchemist is a visually simple game to begin with, featuring chunky models and muddy textures galore, and yet it somehow manages to deliver these middling visuals to you at a 'nice and cinematic' 20 FPS at the absolute best. Realistically, whether you’re simply running across the map or fighting enemies, your experience will usually be hanging somewhere in the sub-15 FPS range. Given the performance, we were amazed that we didn’t encounter any crashes or bugs during our time, but let it be known that Arc of Alchemist struggles every single step of the way and certainly deserves to be in the running for worst performing RPG on the Switch."

"Arc of Alchemist doesn’t have the messy sort of problems like bugs or crashes. Its issues all come down to performance and optimization. For such a visually simple game, Arc of Alchemist runs like it is underwater. No matter what you’re doing, you’re looking at a frame rate so unstable that it kneecaps the action. This is a game with a mix of ranged and melee combat, skills, dodge-rolling and targeting, the works.

Even the menu, the crucial space of clicking on text and watching numbers change, runs like butt. This seems to be because the game is fully running in the menu, showing a grand view of your base. In theory, it’s a cool visual to spice up tinkering, but it tanks the frame rate. Even buying and selling junk items is a huge chore. I’m no armchair developer, but how does a game ship when it can’t even handle the menus?"

Ah, sweet and light schadenfreude. A random game I have no interest in either way getting thrashed by two different websites. This is funny, reading how something could be so bad.

And this is cool.:

wonderful-101-design-doc-11.jpg

Kamiya: “Here’s one last thing–a poster our designer created for fun. It was created to look like a movie poster, so the team thought up a catchphrase that we could use to express the atmosphere we were going for. Afterwards, we printed it out and hung it in a place where we could all see it.”

Every game developer should do this. Morale at the workplace = ^^^^^^^^.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And this is cool.:

wonderful-101-design-doc-11.jpg

Kamiya: “Here’s one last thing–a poster our designer created for fun. It was created to look like a movie poster, so the team thought up a catchphrase that we could use to express the atmosphere we were going for. Afterwards, we printed it out and hung it in a place where we could all see it.”

Every game developer should do this. Morale at the workplace = ^^^^^^^^.

Yoo, these posters are really cool. I'd definitly be motivated to work on games after seeing something like this.