[FE10] Rate the Unit According to Draft Performance

PKL

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoffrey: 4/10

I'm actually going to give him a point for being free, because then I don't have to choose another CRK. He can handle all of the chapters that he's forced in before part 4 by himself, so I think he deserves it.

What do you mean by "slight"?

PEMN. Other Micaiahs can be having different Biothythms by then because of the differing turns taken.

You proved my point better than I did. Thank you.

"Major favoritism"? More like "Major Battle-Save abuse". Micaiah isn't getting 20 Spd until level 20/17, which is not ever happening at 3-6.

I know what you mean, but my point is: "If I have x number of units for the draft, I want them to be at their best and optimal state", that doesn't mean necessarily that I'll battle save abuse to make them get 7-8 stat gains, but at least more gains than a BEXP lv. up, like 4-6 stats in order to make a difference between a regular level up and a BEXP level up.

I mean, if I have Micaiah, why would I accept a mediocre level up like mag, lck and res if I have the opportunity to have her raise other stats that are also important? I know debates and most rates are based in average stats, but still...I expect you get my point :3

Derp, no update.

Anyways, Kieran.

Lol Geoffrey bond, I've never used it. He's just a filler unit for 2-3, he's not even necessary for any LTC in 3-9, so, he's just a nice knight. Not an awesome availability like Titania or Oscar, so well. Axes, nice move+canto. Good unit for Greil/Hawk Army. Gamble for crts with a killer axe and high bio so hit& isn't so terribly affected.

6/10

Sorry. I couldnt get on yesterday. Except from my phone. :/

I will count Geo's average later.

Day 33: Kieran

The mighty axe dude with a horse. He has almost no use, pre-chapter 11. But he is a really good character in Hawk Army's 4-2.

I give the axe dude a 6/10.

Day 34: Astrid

Oh man...where to start. Shes bow locked...In chapters with lots of enemies. She has horrid bases. The only way she is able to kill any enemy is with the Killer Bow in 2-3's base and she missed a lot of OHKOs anyway...BEXP tends to favor lck and other stats she really doesnt care about. A BEXP'd Astrid can sometimes be at base defense in Tier 3...Yeah, not cool. Then, she has all the disadvantages of Paladins in this game and has to go either Greil or Hawk in order to be effective. She can be good, even decent if you can get her to Tier 3. She can use javelin forges and Adept for decent offense. And she can Double Bow in Endgame with 9 move and 35 speed. Meh, not as bad as Fiona but shes still pretty horrible.

I give her a 3/10.

Edited by PKL

Kieran: 5/10

Would be the same as Geoffrey, but he gets another point for existing in 3-11, 3-E and 4-2. Forged hand axes are pretty nice.

Astrid: 3/10

Her bases are terrible :-_-: At least she has access to lances after promotion so she can be decent in Hawk. And she can get the speedwing if you don't have anyone else but Geoffrey. But still, meh.

Astrid.

She has no special use for P2 and P3 except from having Paragon and Blossom by 3-11 where she can be used for better stats and training. She would be never used as a front line unit until 3rd tier and with good stats because her bases leave too many to desire. However her Part 4 makes her a bit better.

3/10, no way I'm rating her higher than Geoffrey...

I give Astrid a 5. The first and only time I could draft her has been in a HM draft (the FIRST HM draft) and in Part 4 came her Crowning Moment of Awesomedespite having to drag her through 2-3, 3-9 and 3-11 and 3-E. In Part 4, she solo'd half of 4-3 for me with Adept and forges, tanking the Sleep staff like a baws and then being completely lol with the Double Bro at Endgame.

Credits to Parablossom for helping her pull through without statboosters.

Kieran 5.5/10

His 2-3 performance is cool. His 3-9 he and geo can make a 4 turns go faster... 3-11 its that bridge chapter... meh, quite a help in 3-e and part 4. He has axes, and nice move, bad speed cap.

Astrid 4/10

Bad bases, however, she can become rather useful by par 4 in a few chapters, unlike fiona.

Eh, I have found Nasir is barely necessary, its more of a troll move i do when he makes it back to me on the last turn :awesome:

Hahaha...He's just used (IMO) to have a sure 2 turn in 4-E-5 with characters that do need the boost (lol almost everyone to double auras).

Kieran's average is 5.2. (Why only 4 votes when there are 6 for Astrid?)

Astrid's average is 3.6.

Day 35: Makalov

He can get the Wing in 2-3 with Wind Edge then Killing Edge and be filler. He performs almost the same as Kieran in 4-2 with Hand Axe forge access in Tier 3 and a better Spd. He sometimes like getting super str screwed though, not to mention that BEXP doesnt seem to like his str.

I give Makalulz a 5/10

Kieran's average is 5.2. (Why only 4 votes when there are 6 for Astrid?)

Astrid's average is 3.6.

Did you count my vote? I rated him before the official announcement...:S...they're 5...

Makalov.

Look at that str :facepalm: +swords :facepalm: . He goes well when crowned. Filler as Kieran, but a bit worse :/

5.5/10 (0.5 cause move+canto and somehow good for P4 Hawk)

Edited by Quintessence

Did you count my vote? I rated him before the official announcement...:S...they're 5...

Makalov.

Look at that str :facepalm: +swords :facepalm: . He goes well when crowned. Filler as Kieran, but a bit worse :/

5.5/10 (0.5 cause move+canto and somehow good for P4 Hawk)

Alright. Kieran is now fixed. His average is actually 5.4. Derp.

5.5/10.

His str may lag, and he has vk/alondite compt., but he's a decent late pick.

IMO, better than Kieran, because str problems are easier to deal with.

I'm on road, and won't be on chat for a day or so.

:smug:

Posting and editing on a phone may result in a double post.

:facepalm:

4.5/10

Its ridiculous to say Makalov > Kieran. Axes > swords, plus kieran has better bases. Plus higher level which in a way os better for some reason.

It's not.

Kieran is utterly redundant when you have a free Geoffrey. The only benefits that you'll get from him is being available at 3-11 and 3-E (Which, I admit, he can be pretty damn useful at the latter). And just look at that Spd cap, that's ridiculous. Listen, IS, you don't give that kind of Spd cap to a unit on a horse. What makes Makalulz better than Kieran is his Spd. Kieran can't double at Part 4 with only 25-26 AS (Despite their being some rare cases in which he can). That Spd growth is pretty bad as well.

And yes, Axes are better than Swords. That's why Makalulz gets that benefit upon promoting, giving him the Atk power he wishes for. It's true that fixing Makalulz's Str is easier than fixing Kieran's Spd.