[FE10] Rate the Unit According to Draft Performance

PKL

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two days away... :(: ...I missed Boyd's rating :dry: .

Oscar

3-4 and 3-7 are his weakest point. He gets movement reduction in 3-8. But he has Canto and can be a valuable help in 4-2. Yet forged axes>forged javs :awesome: . I don't know, I prefer Boyd but Oscar's also good.

9/10

Good GM pick.

Do I have time to give Boyd my vote? :D:

lol 8.8

Shinon gets an 8 from me. Shinon is the other unit besides Ike that can actually 1RKO (with a Killer bow, but when you double with 45%~ critical the chances are really high), has amazing durability (the 3rd best after Ike and Gatrie!). ONLY downside is lack of GOOD 1-range...barring the Double Bro, which makes him what is arguably the best Endgame unit.

I have only drafted him once and haven't used him in a draft yet, but he doesn't dissapoint.

Doesnt require bexp at the beginning unlike rolf. The only times ive used shinon, he has 25-28 str as a level 10 marksman though. I give shinion a 5.5/10. -1 for bias :3

Edited by PKL

Basically, every point I made about Rolf applies to Shinon, except for the whole "slow start" thing. Doubling with a killer bow gives him excellent combat off the bat, and the silencer is excellent. He still has the crippling flaw of no decent enemy phase.

6.5/10

I gave Rolf a 5.5, so Shinon goes for a 6.5/10.

He's just a better Rolf. Nice bases, good durability, thunder affinity is somehow good (def and avo), killer bow...ballista...nice hp, def, skl. He's really good but still, no EP, he's an archer XS.

6/10

He is basically the same as rolf. I don't see both contributing much through out part 4, and i prefer rolf for an archer considering rolf is available until later.

I give Gatrie an 8.5. He's like Soren, in a way. 6 Move, low Spd cap. He's just better because he has an obvious durability lead (can take 3445236526324523624524532 hits while Soren can only take 1) and his Spd grows really fast. Celerity really alleviates his Mov issues.

Gatrie

Amazing bases, good growths, I consider him the best Marshall. Good availability, he's a tank, caps hp, str and sp really fast, so the rest can be BEXP'd and capped. Movement issues, B axes :awesome: for Steel Trollpoleaxe and short axes. He's just awesome. Derp light affinity, but accuracy bonus are never bad :awesome:

8/10

Like Soul said, he's actually very similar to Soren, though I disagree that he's so much better. Soren's lower durability actually works to his advantage when it comes to resolve, and he can 1-turn 3-5 with Meteor as well. Gatrie has the obvious advantage of having higher speed most of the time, but his part 4 is kind of unspectacular with General's crap movement and a low speed cap.

7.5/10

Soren under the influence of Resolve only means he'll be a dodge tank while Gatrie doesn't really need it because he can take alot of hits. That's no advantage over Gatrie and also means that Soren is taking a valuable resource from the DB. Again, the 31 Spd cap doesn't mean much of anything because it'll only stop doubling reliably at 4-E-4 and 4-E-5. Soren only has one more point of Spd, and he has a harder time reaching it.

Soren does have less trouble in part 4 route split though. 4-1 and 4-4 are nice on him. what is gatrie doing in part 4 with his sluggish move, no acess to celerity and terrible terrain penalties? Its much more than the spd cap that makes him terrible in part 4 route split. I give him a 7.5, i consider him worse than soren, in terms of shaving turns.

Oh, I don't think Soren is better then Gatrie, just that the gap between them is not all that large. And in part 4, Soren can use resolve to get >32 speed, while Gatrie is stuck at 31. (And brave axe is its own trade-off.)

Edited by Stark

Soren does have less trouble in part 4 route split though. 4-1 and 4-4 are nice on him. what is gatrie doing in part 4 with his sluggish move, no acess to celerity and terrible terrain penalties? Its much more than the spd cap that makes him terrible in part 4 route split. I give him a 7.5, i consider him worse than soren, in terms of shaving turns.

You're exaggerating. He's not terrible, he just has problems at the desert and the bushes at 4-2. He's perfectly capable at Greil's route. Nothing is impeding him from getting Celerity either, if he's drafted. 4-2's bushes aren't even that troublesome on him. I took him there on one draft, and he perfomed well. Soren suffers from getting critikilled even if he can get at Resolve level.

Oh, I don't think Soren is better then Gatrie, just that the gap between them is not all that large. And in part 4, Soren can use resolve to get >32 speed, while Gatrie is stuck at 31. (And brave axe is its own trade-off.)

Oh ok.

But Gatrie's Spd was never a problem.

You're exaggerating. He's not terrible, he just has problems at the desert and the bushes at 4-2. He's perfectly capable at Greil's route. Nothing is impeding him from getting Celerity either, if he's drafted.

Yup, but other units may use it better, like units in the desert or in 4-2. Even Greil units can use it to clear enemies in the chest rooms in 4-4 while Ike solos Oliver's room. Still there are boots but again, other units may use it in better ways specially if Gatrie has serious terrain problems like climbing ledges (in case of 4-4), Silver route isn't an option for him (for obvious reasons) and thicket maps.

Soren suffers from getting critikilled even if he can get at Resolve level.

But Soren saves more turns and his 1-2 range combat is better than Gatrie's + Innate Adept. I found Resolve Soren a bit redundant if High bio.

But Soren saves more turns and his 1-2 range combat is better than Gatrie's + Innate Adept.

A 1RKO is better than...a 1RKO? We aren't keeping Soren's Adept on him because other units can use it better in some maps. Besides, he 1RKO's most enemies without it.

A 1RKO is better than...a 1RKO? We aren't keeping Soren's Adept on him because other units can use it better in some maps. Besides, he 1RKO's most enemies without it.

Well I was thinking that Soren's ORKOs are more reliable in terms of accuracy and hit rate since javelins, hand axes, short spears/axes have lower hit rate despite being more powerful (depending on the case we compare, e.g. wind/elwind v. hand axe). Yes, there are forges, and forged axes>forged magic tomes but the point is trying to avoid any unnecessary expenses/costs...

Soul. He is terrible in part 4 because hes one less useful unit. He gets points for route freedom unlike soren, but gatrie has problems in every route. Silver: hes good in 4-P since he has 2 range and can handle the east but hes one less unit in the desert, so not there. Lets check greil: good in 4-1 if he can orko swordmasters, if not then he can handle the armors side, ok. But then, his sluggish move and poor ledge climbing means hes less than desirable in 4-4 and 4-4 needs at least 3 or 4 units for optimal TC...lets check hawk: 4-2 is full of thickets making his terrible move even worse...he can take on reinforcements or something near the start i guess, but even fiona can do that. 4-5 is lol for armors. Though i guess he can smite some competent unit. And dont argue celerity in part 4 when its used better by cavs in 4-2 or ike in 4-1 if u didnt give him boots or by a flier in silver...