[FE10] Rate the Unit According to Draft Performance

PKL

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar. Hmm, well, hes mounted, has good spd growth although his spd cap might hurt his doubling a bit sometimes. What is really troublesome about Oscar is that he cant really handle generals well at all. He needs Adept to ORKO them or crits/sol, which puts him at a disadvantage with units such as titania and boyd, who can ORKO them cleanly and dont need to equip Adept, freeing their skills for celerity. He is really solid though and mounted units are great in 4-2. I give him an 8/10. He is worse than boyd IMO.

Marciaxrolf, I think that reason for giving Oscar a total of 1 point lower than Boyd is wrong. Not being able to cleanly 1RKO Generals and not having a high Spd cap can only mean as much:

1. The only tme when 32 AS doesn't double reliably is at 4-E-4 and 4-E-5.

2. What's the problem with needing Adept to 1RKO Generals? Mia and Nephenee need it too. Either that, or a critical.

I may take some flak for this, but personally, I think Oscar is being highly underrated. I would never had thought it until I played Creeper's draft, but that opened my eyes. He obviously has a rougher start then Titania or Haar, but I think he's still the next best GM draftee. Having a horse is just so good in part 3, as it enables strategies in many chapters that would not otherwise be possible.

He's still getting going in 3-1, but having a horse means he can reach and start killing enemies faster, even if he can't always one round them. 3-2 he ferries Ike for a 3-turn, or if you're really persistent, double-crits the boss for a 2-turn, but we're not looking at that. 3-3, he reaches the back most supply pile. 3-5 he 1-turns with Sol. He can help a 4-turn of 3-8, reach the boss area fastest in 3-10, ferry Ike in 3-11 if you don't have a flyer, and reach more enemies faster in 3-E. Part 4 he slows down a bit, especially since he probably won't have celerity any more, but he's still a solid contributor in either non-silver army. Also, he can one-round generals and SMs while unpromoted with the brave lance, which Geoffery really doesn't need for 3-9.

9.5/10

I tried and despite my efforst he sucked.. Although i did have 3 GMS. In any case his low strenght makes me back away. I'd rather have boyd with awesome str, and speed. Not just 1 of them.

But soul, i wasnt talking about his tier 3 spd cap, i meant in tier 2...Also, not being able to ORKO generals is a big factor. How is he ORKO'ing with a greatlance from range? You do know there are 1-2 range generals in 3-8, 3-10 and such that slow you down if you cant ORKO them, right? Sure, he has high move but that becomes null when boyd is ORKOing and can tie his base movement with celerity. Try doing 3-8 with oscar. Its a pain. Same with 3-10. Oh and lets not forget how useful he is in 3-4.

I've finished all of part 3 except 3-E on my draft, (Which I will post and finish when I have access to my Wii again) but basically Oscar was the cornerstone of my strategy in almost every chapter. Mia was extremely disappointing by comparison. In 3-1, he admittedly doesn't one round. In 3-2, his utility isn't dependent on it. In 3-3, he used the brave lance to one round SMs and generals, the only things he couldn't ORKO. After that, he ORKOs everything but generals for all of part 3, and can use the brave lance/sol/crit forges for those.

Edited by Stark

Relying on crit forges for many of the 1-2 range generals doesn't work as well as one would hope. Neither does relying on adept. I agree with PKL if he has to slow down to 2rko generals that are 1-2 range with javelin his movement isn't us turns in places where its needed to 1rko. Also, 3-8 is moot because Boyd has 9 move there with celerity, meaning boyd wins. Also, a smite and a gladr and celerity boyd gets quickly to the top of the mountain where he can finish them off quickly. 3-4 Boyd wins because he can go to the top and clear the way for ranulf/ike. 3-3 he can shove ike twice for a 3 turns IIRC.

But soul, i wasnt talking about his tier 3 spd cap, i meant in tier 2...Also, not being able to ORKO generals is a big factor. How is he ORKO'ing with a greatlance from range? You do know there are 1-2 range generals in 3-8, 3-10 and such that slow you down if you cant ORKO them, right? Sure, he has high move but that becomes null when boyd is ORKOing and can tie his base movement with celerity. Try doing 3-8 with oscar. Its a pain. Same with 3-10. Oh and lets not forget how useful he is in 3-4.

It's even less of a problem in his 2nd tier because he will be promoting really soon by the time you get your first Master Seal at 3-3. He can start BEXP slowplaying at 3-2 as he can get the Angelic Robe and Secret Book for the Str he wants. And Stalk can cover the rest. Oh, yeah, with 41 Mt (which is what a 27 Str 3rd tier Oscar could easily have with the resources I mentioned previously) is able to 1RKO Generals with Adept pretty easily. If his Mt with Javelin forges isn't enough, just give him an Energy Drop. Could have considered that from a start.

In the end, Boyd and Oscar are even.

Edited by Soul

3-2 he ferries Ike for a 3-turn, or if you're really persistent, double-crits the boss for a 2-turn, but we're not looking at that.

In the Creeper's draft, my Oscar actually double crit him (I didn't abuse for it) but he still couldn't one round him.

^Thinks I don't know that.

Origin didn't state if Oscar was attacking from 1 or 2-range, so I only assumed that because it's most probable for Oscar to score two consecutive critical with a Crit. forge.

Also, you aren't trying to take down my last points. :awesome:

Ok. And yes, im not refuting ur points since while i was writing a huge wall of text, i realized oscar does save more turns in P3 than boyd. I still like boyd more though lol. boyd turns: 3-2 3, 3-3 8, 3-4 7, 3-5 2, 3-8 4, 3-10 5 (4 with backup), 3-11 isnt his bsnz, 3-E 4. oscar turns: 3-2 2, 3-3 7, 3-4 8 (assuming hes alone and ike must cope on his own to protect ranulf from penalty), 3-5 1 turn with sol and a bow, 3-8 5 since he cant actually orko the boss area unless he gets "lucky", 3-10 is 5 due to str problems, 3-11 he can save a turn with ferry over boyd, 3-E is 4 regardless of character. Boyd wins in part 4 ofc but theres too many possibilities and im too lazy to list them. I will increase my oscar score.

Edited by PKL

I think they are equal in Part 4. Neither want to go to the Silver route. Oscar wants to go to the Hawk route (because 4-2 sucks alot and it demands a high Mov 2-ranged unit) and Boyd for Greil's route. The only thing Boyd 1RKO's that Oscar doesn't are Generals, but Oscar can take Adept for that anyway, so lulz.

Pretty much any frontline Part 3 unit saves turns.

Agreed, both are top units anyway. Just one small mention that although Oscar can't assist Ike in 3-4 up the ledges, between the rest of the base GMs, Neph and Haar's group and the laguz that just joined, it's extremely likely you will have another unit to help Ike, so Oscar's group can probably still match Boyd's turncounts.