What did Sephiran do?

Jotari

3. Possibly is behind the assassination attempt of Senaki.

Uhh nyet. He was not a part of that. In fact, thats one thing that got him pretty pissed.

Sephiran was the chessmaster who planned on releasing Yune through war because he was just so hurt and angry about the Massacre.

Sephiran doesn't play with both sides though. He and sanaki always did things which the senate didn't like. Lekain states this in 4-E-1.

Lekain:

Lekain makes it clear that Sephiran never worked very well with them. Plus Sephiran escaped from jailed and rallied the people against the senate.

Just because they don't get along doesn't mean he didn't play them like a fiddle.

Mostly, I agree with what Kngt said. The only thing I do disagree with is the assassination part. Even if he was going to kill her in the long run, the sense I got was that he couldn't bring himself to personally hurt her.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Just because they don't get along doesn't mean he didn't play them like a fiddle.

Mostly, I agree with what Kngt said. The only thing I do disagree with is the assassination part. Even if he was going to kill her in the long run, the sense I got was that he couldn't bring himself to personally hurt her.

Like I said, I'm still not sure what was supposed to be happening. It doesn't make a ton of sense for Seph to try to kill her, but the Senate was already gaining the support of the people, so an outright assassination attempt would be kind of silly because of the risk of it being exposed; if Senaki was not killed, she could go right out and show the Senate's true intentions.

So we have a situation where you believe Sephiran, who loved Senaki as kin, betrayed her and put her in risk for a mock assassionation, or we have the Senate, evil masterminds who outsmarted Naesala's nation AND Micaiah (the first known for their cunning and deceit, the second known for her ability to PORTEND THE FUTURE and who has a hatred and distrust of Begnion), being stupid enough to half-ass whacking Senaki.

Neither explanation sounds that great to me.

No he defiantly didn't plan the Serenes Massacre. That was the biggest thing that prompted him to end all life.

Lekain committed that act. So the fault of why this whole fifth story happened was because of him.

So far as I can tell, Lehran had no reason to want to kill Sanaki. As it was said, she was one of his two surviving heirs, and based on how much he cared for Misaha and Micaiah, I doubt he could bring himself to kill her. It seems like that is just another insane plan by the senate, and if they were about to go through with it, he probably would have stopped them. Lehran was ultimately guiding the senate, but he couldn't stop them from having their silly antics.

I've always thought that Lehran was basically pulling the strings behind every single thing that happened on Tellius after the massacre. Basically, the only thing he didn't predict was Ike and his Badassery.

Also, does anyone else think Lehran was the traveling wise man who signed the blood pact with the former king of Daien, and allowed Ashnard to take the throne? I've always thought that but have never heard it confirmed.

Also, does anyone else think Lehran was the traveling wise man who signed the blood pact with the former king of Daien, and allowed Ashnard to take the throne? I've always thought that but have never heard it confirmed.

Nope, you are not the only one. I thought that as well... Wasn't lehran the one to tell Ashnard of the Medallion and Dark god too? Or i'm i somehow mixing up the facts?

I never considered that possibility for a second but now that I think about it that would make a lot of sense. I mean Ashnard must have been enticed into getting the medallion by someone and having an already established character rather then some randomer would make a lot of sense. (Heh personally I always assumed it was a disguised Ashnard which is quite ridiculous when you think about it)

was my first thought too, makes a lot of sense if it were true too.

Next to that, didn't BK come to save Micaiah in the desert? And just Micaiah? Why? Only reason I can think of is Lehran trying to save Micaiah from Ashera's judgement. But why just Micaiah and not Sanaki too?

Next to that, didn't BK come to save Micaiah in the desert? And just Micaiah? Why? Only reason I can think of is Lehran trying to save Micaiah from Ashera's judgement. But why just Micaiah and not Sanaki too?

Yeah thats pretty confusing... my best guess is that he saved her because shes the vessel for yune, and he still cared about the goddess.

was my first thought too, makes a lot of sense if it were true too.

Miccy>Sanaki is Goddess>Beorc. Lehran always tried to be with Ashera and Yune.