Thracia 776: Fun with Warp

Swordsalmon

So, I'm on yet another Thracia 776 file. We all know how easily abused Warp can be, so I figured, why not look for some fun uses of this? In doing so, I've found a couple neat things. ^_^

In Chapter 11, if you Warp someone next to Kempuf and attack him, he'll flee as usual. However, this also disables the "ballista trap" event, which makes Fred completely unrecruitable.

In Chapter 13, use Warp on a character, and have the character kill Rist that turn. Most enemies will just flee the map, and the Bow Knight reinforcements will never appear.

Anyone else have any interesting experiences with Warp in Thracia, aside from Warpskipping? I think that killing Largo on the first turn via Warp in Chapter 10 could prevent Fred and Olwen from entering the map, but I unfortunately did not get to test that. ^_^

that is pretty cool (the info you gave that is)

I normally use warp to keep enemies busy (especially in 24x) and haven't thought of trying all the things you did with warp.

One time I warped a BLD-blessed Lifis right next to the boss on Xavier's map and had him rob basically everyone of all of their weapons. I think it ended up screwing the recruitment though, despite thinking I was so clever.

It just takes a really long time compared to say.. Saphy, Salem, Linoan and so on because of an abundance of Reblow/Physic staves that she lacks access to until 2 Staff level ups and she needs to use Heal 50 times to attain D and another 25-50 staff uses to reach C.

On-topic. I like to throw some units with decent survivability and see how long they can withstand it. Sol Othin wrecked C19 and I've had Sara last a few turns solo in C20.

Edited by Sirius

oh I thought her Max staff rank was B since I was spamming her but she never reached A and Safy and Salem got there faster so I assumed her cap was at B. Then that means Olwen can use Meteor? Good news there are abundance of those I stole off enemies and she has B Fire rank in my file.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Assuming you can get her there, yes.

I usually have Asvel do that, anyway. I don't wanna spam Graf on everything so that it runs out, so he uses whatever tomes I manage to steal and a lot of those happen to be Fire.

Considering you fight Freege for a good part of the game, Thunder tomes are usually plentiful. It does help they have 30 uses instead of 20, but having Asvel with an A in Thunder is typically easier than Fire.

I think Sirius could also talk about his fabulous experiences with Ambush + Thoron + M Up as well. 45 MT hitting Mag before most counters is pretty hilarious.

Meanwhile I tried something similar with Salem and Yotsmung. Four less MT, but Yotsmung are easier to find, more durable and Salem can Rewarp at will. It also has the neat side effect of being able to actually use all those Fenrir tomes you get.

I had him Thunder once they were plentiful, yeah, though in the early chapters I snagged whatever tomes I could get so that was a lot of Fire there. I kinda went capture-happy. The only thing I've bought in the entire game was an Iron Axe when Machua promoted and I somehow didn't have one.

Hm, I'll try that next time, then.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I had him Thunder once they were plentiful, yeah, though in the early chapters I snagged whatever tomes I could get so that was a lot of fire there. I kinda went capture-happy.

Hm, I'll try that next time, then.

Yeah chapter 5 has a healthy mix of both tomes thanks to those Mages by the Sniper. Chapter 7 also has a few more pyromanaiacs as reinforcements.

It's a really fun way to play around with the Rewarps and the Yotsmung you get in massive amounts in chapter 14x.

Edited by Dio

Rewarps are so much fun, indeed.

I think my lategame was basically a bunch of staffers rewarpping/warping/rescuing stuff.

Also I captured so many staffers in Galzus's join chapter for their shit

so much fun

My Nanna has A in staves, although it must have took ages to get there.

Pretty much what I thought.

Meanwhile I tried something similar with Salem and Yotsmung. Four less MT, but Yotsmung are easier to find, more durable and Salem can Rewarp at will. It also has the neat side effect of being able to actually use all those Fenrir tomes you get.

Just curious, you mean you put M Up and Ambush on him?

For whatever reason, enemy Bishops tend to have Fire-type tomes. The other enemies tend to use Thunder. I don't know why that is, but since Bishops are often easier to capture I find myself with a fair bit of Fire/Elfire. Thunder tends to last longer and is probably more useful for Asvel though. Also Olwen, but she's kinda poopy without her personal tome.

Just curious, you mean you put M Up and Ambush on him?

Of course.

For whatever reason, enemy Bishops tend to have Fire-type tomes. The other enemies tend to use Thunder. I don't know why that is, but since Bishops are often easier to capture I find myself with a fair bit of Fire/Elfire. Thunder tends to last longer and is probably more useful for Asvel though. Also Olwen, but she's kinda poopy without her personal tome.

It depends on who you fight actually. Most of Manster Bishops will indeed use Fire, but most of the Freege ones will have Thunder, like the Chapter 10 or 13 one. Sadly, Wind is seen really little so you have to buy most of your Wind tomes in chapter 12.

She's not completely horrible with a horse and a PCC of 4. Wind is light enough for her to wield effectively and she can be surprising with a light sword in her hands like a Rapier.

Edited by Dio

My Nanna has A in staves, although it must have took ages to get there.

Same here

It just takes a really long time compared to say.. Saphy, Salem, Linoan and so on because of an abundance of Reblow/Physic staves that she lacks access to until 2 Staff level ups and she needs to use Heal 50 times to attain D and another 25-50 staff uses to reach C.

On-topic. I like to throw some units with decent survivability and see how long they can withstand it. Sol Othin wrecked C19 and I've had Sara last a few turns solo in C20.

it took me 50 live uses per rank

oh I thought her Max staff rank was B since I was spamming her but she never reached A and Safy and Salem got there faster so I assumed her cap was at B. Then that means Olwen can use Meteor? Good news there are abundance of those I stole off enemies and she has B Fire rank in my file.

IIRC, it takes only 5 thief uses to get me a rank up for Tina's staff rank(I actually use Tina's thief staff at the beginning of a chapter and rng abuse to make it miss to get free exp and Wexp)

Considering you fight Freege for a good part of the game, Thunder tomes are usually plentiful. It does help they have 30 uses instead of 20, but having Asvel with an A in Thunder is typically easier than Fire.

I think Sirius could also talk about his fabulous experiences with Ambush + Thoron + M Up as well. 45 MT hitting Mag before most counters is pretty hilarious.

I taught Ambush to Olwen(because Ambush + Auto continue spell = dead darkmages)

it took me 50 live uses per rank

The shorter time is because higher rank staffs give more WExp. So if you're just using Live all the time, you'll take that long, but if you start switching to other staffs as soon as you reach D rank, you'll take half that time or less.