Best/Worst in the Series Round 123

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found him to be a really good unit for a child soldier.

Okay... However, I think he doesn't come close to justifying the assloads of work he needs to become anything resembling half-decent. Doesn't help that being an archer is especially bad in FE9...

Edited by Metal King Slime

Okay... However, I think he doesn't come close to justifying the assloads of work he needs to become anything resembling half-decent. Doesn't help that being an archer is especially bad in FE9...

I didn't find training him to be all that bad, maybe 3 chapters of work and then he was all caught up. Mightve been that I didn't use Astrid too.

I didn't find training him to be all that bad, maybe 3 chapters of work and then he was all caught up. Mightve been that I didn't use Astrid too.

Still, to me, he's got absolutely nothing going for him; archers are supposed to be able to at least chip, but FE9 Rolf doesn't even have that. Ugh... :facepalm: And this is from someone who doesn't mind archers.

Most: Wendy. She's just not usable. A t least Meg has some use in HM even if she has those crappy caps.

Least: Seth, duh. He's like awesome all the time.

Honourable mentions: Edward, Shinon, Ross, Gonzales, Nino, Nolan, Rutger, Sety, Levin, Sigurd, Lex and every christmas cavalier except fe4 ones.

Most: Wendy... At least Sophia hits RES!

Dishonorable mentions: Cecilia, FE4 Christmas Knights and FE7!Karel

Least: I smell the lack of SIGURD here!

Honorable mentions: Pent, Seth, Sety, Lex and Every Christmas Knight except for the FE4 ones which made me facepalm.

Most: Sophia FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffff

Least: Sigurd I, I can have this? Really? THANK YOU GREAT RNG GODDESS IN THE SKY

Edited by 3-13Archer

Still, to me, he's got absolutely nothing going for him; archers are supposed to be able to at least chip, but FE9 Rolf doesn't even have that. Ugh... :facepalm: And this is from someone who doesn't mind archers.

I found him quite able to chip, and the whole 3 brothers 10, 20 or 100% critical boost was helpful too.

I found him quite able to chip, and the whole 3 brothers 10, 20 or 100% critical boost was helpful too.

I found him to be more trouble than he's worth. Particularly because FE9's arguably the worst game to be an archer in, as I see it. Again, I can tolerate archers, but not if they're FE9 Rolf-level terrible. Doesn't help that Astrid comes along not long after he joins, and whatever reasons I had to use him disapoof just like that.

Look, even if Rolf's bad he might still not be the worst for this simply because you might not expect much of some little wimpy dude so the poor stats aren't a surprise and he's therefore not disappointing per se.

I found him to be more trouble than he's worth. Particularly because FE9's arguably the worst game to be an archer in, as I see it. Again, I can tolerate archers, but not if they're FE9 Rolf-level terrible. Doesn't help that Astrid comes along not long after he joins, and whatever reasons I had to use him disapoof just like that.

Snipers get their long awaited crit boost, so I wouldn't say FE9's the worst game to be an archer.

Snipers get their long awaited crit boost, so I wouldn't say FE9's the worst game to be an archer.

Still, the two archers they give you in FE9 are loltastic... So yeah. And again, why use Rolf when there's Astrid???

Still, the two archers they give you in FE9 are loltastic... So yeah. And again, why use Rolf when there's Astrid???

He comes earlier, right before a chapter with all flying enemies and he has the his 10, 20, and 100% crit boost from the brothers thing, and a sniper crit boost. Their stats are about the same. I'm not saying Rolf's better, I'm just saying he wasn't disappointing.

He comes earlier, right before a chapter with all flying enemies and he has the his 10, 20, and 100% crit boost from the brothers thing, and a sniper crit boost. Their stats are about the same. I'm not saying Rolf's better, I'm just saying he wasn't disappointing.

The triangle attack card, eh? Pffft. Why would I want to give Oscar bows?? And I dunno anout you, but I wouldn't keep Oscar and Boyd from doing their jobs up front just for Rolf to get a crit boost that only comes in play on player phase. If I really wanted a sniper, I'd look at, well, any other game but FE9 because even with the crit boost, FE9's snipers are pathetic. Also, even on the ship chapter, he ain't much good.

Not all of the people who post in these threads take part in drafts, y'know!

nomination-

MOST OP'D UNIT IN DRAFTS, NOT NAMED MARCUS, SETH, HAAR, OR TITANIA, OR FREE UNITS

Least: Caineghis

Such a monster that I didn't end up using him. You know, just to be fair. Yeah.

Most: Roy

roysnotourboy.png

At chapter 16? Really? Really? IIRC he only bumped up from 9 strength in chapter 15. Needed Lilina's A support so he could fling criticals left and right, or a Rapier/Wyrmslayer because he's barely able to handle himself beyond that. Unless it's the translation's fault, he is as bland and forgettable as his expression, and come to think of it, a pitiful omen on the rest of his game. I realize I got RNG screwed a bit here, but his suckitude sure isn't spurring me to resume FE6, I know that much.

Nominate: Best/Worst Anna

Edited by Rambo M