fire emblem 4 holy war problem

zzz

I am playing fire emblem 4 and am on chapter 7. In this chapter I am having two problems. The first when getting Delmunds conversation bonus I only get a boost in skill and defense but not strength. The second, and more important, is that when I place shanan next to Patty there is no option to talk so I am unable to get the balmunc. Was there something that I had to do in an earlier chapter to make this option appear?

Is Delmud's strength maxed out by any chance? His strength growth is bound to be high with his minor Hezul blood, and his class' strength cap isn't exactly high.

Is Delmud's strength maxed out by any chance? His strength growth is bound to be high with his minor Hezul blood, and his class' strength cap isn't exactly high.

good point

Check if Patty or Shanan are in love with anybody... I seem to recall some bug where they would fall in love almost instantly in chapter 7 (and therefore be unable to talk to Shanan). I could be misremembering though.

Delmunds strength is 22 and at level up the strength bar is not full. For some reason Shanan is in love with Nanna and the pro action replay code I used to change his status to no lover (7e2ca400) isn't working. I restarted the game three times but each time he is in love with Fee. is there a way to fix this bug, or should I just forget about the balmunc?

Edited by zzz

22 is the Free Knight Strength cap. The bars go all the way to 30, regardless of the cap. The Patty thing is interesting, could you upload a save file?

Check if Patty or Shanan are in love with anybody... I seem to recall some bug where they would fall in love almost instantly in chapter 7 (and therefore be unable to talk to Shanan). I could be misremembering though.

That is with Daisy, not Patty, and it usually haooens around turn 3.

That's unusual, it's probably because Shanan is lovers with Nanna, but she doesn't love him! Your Oifaye also seems to have a thing for Lester.

srm file

http://www.mediafire.com/?2k3iu9473mk1lim

If your wondering why my levels are so high, this is my second time playing so I thought I might try the game with 99 exp cheats to quickly advance to the later chapters. Is it possible that the cheats are causing the bug?

I'm willing to bet on the cheats being the culprit. I didn't look at the save, but that would explain, if his strength was capped already, why he didn't gain the stat, and it could also explain the two not being able to talk if there's something about equipment or love points that's not normal for the chapter. Does this event give Patty love points? Maybe the conversation doesn't happen if she's already in love...?

Does this event give Patty love points? Maybe the conversation doesn't happen if she's already in love...?

Yes and yes. It gives 100 love points, and no conversations that give love points can happen if either character is in love with anyone. Based on the above post, it sounds like Shanan is in love with Nanna, which would explain it. The only question then is how that happened, and it sounds like cheats are likely the cause.

Edited by Othin

To reverse the effect then, if you want the conversation, use cheat to remove the lovers. Likewise, you could also just cheat a Balmunk into your inventory, but the lover-choice is a bit less complicated (having to lose a weapon to gain one)

Edited by Celice

To reverse the effect then, if you want the conversation, use cheat to remove the lovers. Likewise, you could also just cheat a Balmunk into your inventory, but the lover-choice is a bit less complicated (having to lose a weapon to gain one)

It sounds like he tried the first option and it wouldn't work.

I tried using a cheat to remove the lovers a second time but this time I removed the other cheats first. The lovers got removed but now I can't hold any conversations. Seeing as how this is just a second playthrough I think I'm going to quit and try a different fire emblem instead.

I tried using a cheat to remove the lovers a second time but this time I removed the other cheats first. The lovers got removed but now I can't hold any conversations. Seeing as how this is just a second playthrough I think I'm going to quit and try a different fire emblem instead.

maybe you should switch the ROM?(I am guessing it was patched wrong?)

If you have a save from the beginning of the chapter, you may be able to salvage it by adjusting the lovers before events involved Patty and Shannan load. But not everyone keeps saves from the beginning of their chapters with FE4 :/