Rate the Unit, Day 30: Geitz

Thor Odinson

Except I wasn't influenced. I've been to Lloyd's more often in a casual playthrough than Linus', and going to Linus' was a pain in the ass because Eliwood sucks dick. (The other two are fine but they're definitely not hitting the levels I need them to hit). FE7 maps aren't large or long enough for me to get them *that* much EXP.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an 11/2 Eliwood by the end of a very casual run through because he just sucked that much. I even TRIED to get him levels, hell, I was aiming for getting Geitz in the first place, but...Eliwood just...doesn't want to cooperate and I would've actually gone out of the way to get Hector those two extra levels if Eliwood cooperated and hit 15. Pissed me off.

Bottom line is, getting Geitz is really irritating, and imitation of dondon or not, he doesn't exist in many people's playthroughs because the requirements to get to him is just not fun. I'm not saying it's the case for everyone, and people should've rated him according to his projected performance after recruitment, but there are people who's never even seen this guy ingame.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

And you'll go out of your way to do so, because the Linus version of that chapter is about fifty times superior in a ranking run, fifty levels or not.

Ranking run. As opposed to a 'casual but not actively slowing oneself down' run. You know, the ones most people do, because shit like Funds and EXP ranks are exactly that, shit. I don't spit on you for jumping through hoops for an S-rank. I recognise it as an achievement. Would you kindly not make assumptions of how I would rather play a game?

Influence is rarely explicit, brah

lol I only knew Geitz and Linus' chapter existed AFTER encountering SF and dondon

Ranking run. As opposed to a 'casual but not actively slowing oneself down' run. You know, the ones most people do, because shit like Funds and EXP ranks are exactly that, shit. I don't spit on you for jumping through hoops for an S-rank. I recognise it as an achievement. Would you kindly not make assumptions of how I would rather play a game?

lol I only knew Geitz and Linus' chapter existed AFTER encountering SF and dondon

lol so mad. You're missing the point anyway, so no reason to continue this "discussion."

And you'll go out of your way to do so, because the Linus version of that chapter is about fifty times superior in a ranking run, fifty levels or not.

Not everyone plays for ranks. It would be ridiculous to rank Geitz purely on his performance on a ranked run. Thus, the possibility that you don't go to Linus' version is pretty valid. I personally don't believe in penalising characters for their recruitment anyway, but I can see why others do.