I fully support SOPA.

Geriba

In an environment where music and other intellectual property can be copied almost for free, it's nonsensical to place restrictions upon it. Any attempt to limit the dissemination is creating an artificial scarcity.

Circular reasoning. The ability to steal products for free is the result of an under-regulated, anarchic online environment. It can most certainly be improved with a stricter regulatory approach.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't change your color.

Also, should I become a baker

The government edited it.

never said I supported piracy. I don't support government taking over the internet. it will hurt many of the legitimate businesses. there are people who use youtube and make money off it and it is their main medium of the entertainment. (dom fera, tom ska, etc.) Artists have their own youtube pages. (a7x,Red, etc) and of course there is spotify which lets you listen to all the free music you want when you want to listen to it. and guess what? they (the artists) make money off of it. and as it was mentioned before it wouldn't stop it anyway. look at china. you would be hurting the people who obey the law and doing nothing to those that break it. sopa is the government taking a big step to control the internet under the guise of stopping piracy. what would be the best way to control the people in this era? control the internet.

not to mention violation of the 1st amendment.

Edited by Jack - Keeper of Pain

Circular reasoning. The ability to steal products for free is the result of an under-regulated, anarchic online environment. It can most certainly be improved with a stricter regulatory approach.

See? Aren't I right about my assertation about this guy?

Edited by Gafgarion

See? Aren't I right?

It is impossible for someone to be a troll in a universe wherein trolls do not exist. In order for this person to be a troll, let alone a master troll, trolls must be made legitimately existent.

It is impossible for someone to be a troll in a universe wherein trolls do not exist. In order for this person to be a troll, let alone a master troll, trolls must be made legitimately existent.

Then maybe he doesn't exist. Which means this topic doesn't exist.

mi965.jpg

The individual bill may be dead, sure. But the anti-piracy, pro-innovation, pro-American spirit lives on.

Y'know what buddy

because like Jack said, people make money off of Youtube. I'm one of them. Should I be punished because a few people pirate things? It's not like the people that are pirated from are losing so much money. Man, Nintendo and Sony sure need all that extra cash. Not like they're rich. And music makers? Yeah they're not rolling in the bills, nuh uh.

So fuck you. I'm not gonna let the government take away my job because they want to control everything.

Yes, and that would be creating an artificial scarcity, given that it is easily within reach to copy these games and movies and songs enough that everyone who wants to use them can use them. Wouldn't that be ideal? If we could copy food limitlessly, wouldn't it be nonsensical to limit it's production so that the people who originally made it can make money off it?

Y'know what buddy

because like Jack said, people make money off of Youtube. I'm one of them. Should I be punished because a few people pirate things? It's not like the people that are pirated from are losing so much money. Man, Nintendo and Sony sure need all that extra cash. Not like they're rich. And music makers? Yeah they're not rolling in the bills, nuh uh.

So fuck you. I'm not gonna let the government take away my job because they want to control everything.

THIS^

What an ideal world you live in

I know right? Why don't you join me?

@God Brady: I love how you imply that people who don't agree with your beliefs about SOPA and other anti-piracy acts are not Pro-American. Not that it would matter for people like Anouleth. He's British.

What a class act. Just so you know, if you want to make your material public, or loan it out to a vendor like YouTube for a small royalty fee, then you have every right to do so. That doesn't mean that pirates should be enabled to run free, pillaging intellectual proprietors who'd prefer to keep their material private.

Maybe you should go back to criticizing other people's work on the Creative Board before making a bigger fool of yourself, yeah?

Yes, and that would be creating an artificial scarcity, given that it is easily within reach to copy these games and movies and songs enough that everyone who wants to use them can use them. Wouldn't that be ideal? If we could copy food limitlessly, wouldn't it be nonsensical to limit it's production so that the people who originally made it can make money off it?

What you're arguing here is that because a company can give something away for free, they should be morally and legally obligated to give it away from free. Gotcha. By the way, how goes life in Soviet Russia?

Edited by God Brady

@God Brady: I love how you imply that people who don't agree with your beliefs about SOPA and other anti-piracy acts are not Pro-American. Not that it would matter for people like Anouleth. He's British.

And I'm Canadian, eh, so while I'd lose my job with YT, at least my internet wouldn't turn into China :B

What a class act. Just so you know, if you want to make your material public, or loan it out to a vendor like YouTube for a small royalty fee, then you have every right to do so. That doesn't mean that pirates should be enabled to run free, pillaging intellectual proprietors who'd prefer to keep their material private.

Maybe you should go back to criticizing other people's work on the Creative Board before making a bigger fool of yourself, yeah?

How quaint.

You seem to imply that SOPA would do just that. Stop pirates.

If you're going to let your ignorance cloud your opinion, maybe you should be the one who stops ;B

Edited by seph1212

and yet you fully support sopa that would shutdown his source of income. how is this going to work again? oh right IT'S NOT.

What you're arguing here is that because a company can give something away for free, they should be morally and legally obligated to give it away from free. Gotcha. By the way, how goes life in Soviet Russia?

He makes let's plays. If anything like SOPA were to go through, it would make any and all video game videos illegal, and in addition to that, it would give the government the right to take down the entire hosting site because of what that one user put up.

And ha ha ha I still can't help but laugh when I hear of youtube partners who make lps