Rate the Unit Day 1: Eirika

13th

Obviously high availability, and pretty decent combat; like a myrmidon in ways but generally has better Strength than what is typical for them, and slightly better durability (though she is still fairly crap in that aspect). Swordlocked but gets a horse and a great prf weapon when promoted. I'm pretty much just repeating what everyone else has said, though, so I won't bother saying more.

7.5/10

If Eirika is Strength-blessed, she tears through mercs, who are a perpetual problem. If she is not, then she is toilet paper waiting to be torn. Either way, that Rapier is a huge help with getting rid of things on horses and things in tin cans. Her affinity can help her damage output as well.

7/10

Pros:

40% Strength Growth is good enough for this game for sure.

That Speed and Skill are great.

The best availability in game.

If RNG screwed he you can choose a new lord.

Some people act like 30% growth in defense is bad well: SethGilliamEphraimGerikDozlaDuesselMyrrh are the only people who beat her growth.

39 Levels to take advantage of those growths

Mount on promotion

Good Supports

Low con for carrying

Oh yeah, have you SEEN that proof weapon?

Cons:

Low con so no Steel for a while

Late Promotion

No horse till promotion

Oh yeah and how is the fact that isn't as good as Ephriam. STFU because you don't need her to be your lord

9/10

If Eirika is Strength-blessed, she tears through mercs, who are a perpetual problem. If she is not, then she is toilet paper waiting to be torn. Either way, that Rapier is a huge help with getting rid of things on horses and things in tin cans. Her affinity can help her damage output as well.

7/10

Eirika needs to be pretty heavily blessed to 2HKO a Merc. With the Rapier, she needs around 21ATK to 2HKO Chapter 9 Mercs, which she reaches at level 19 on average with the Killing Edge. Even assuming a good level of RNG blessage on her strength, she still needs to be level 15 to double them with the Killing Edge. Franz would need to be level 15/1, in comparison, and Vanessa would need to be level 10/1 if you have the Killer Lance. And obviously because Joshua is generally stronger, he is always more likely to be able to do it.

I personally give Eirika a 5/10. While she's good in earlygame, she doesn't exist in midgame and when she rejoins, she's more of a liability than anything else.

I'm rating based off of drafting performance. Eirika is almost always overleveled enough to put a huge dent in Chapter 9's mercs, which is something most of my other team can't do.

Some people act like 30% growth in defense is bad well: SethGilliamEphraimGerikDozlaDuesselMyrrh are the only people who beat her growth.

It's more like 30% defense growth isn't great when the base is 3. By itself alone, yeah, it's pretty good, and it certainly makes her durability better than Lyn, but 3 base defense takes a while to get out of with 30%.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Rapier is good; and not to mention an access to Seth support helps.

Now, alongside Seth, she has the most availability in the game; although there's one thing that blows her off... her durability! Also in Ephraim route, you won't be using her until CH15 which is the desert chapter!

7.5, she gets an extra point for getting a horse upon promotion.

Oh sweet! You guys got my subliminal message about doing unit ranks for other games!

Eirika!!! Shes a cool chick but a little naive.

Pros:

Decent growths.

Always around. (unless you do Ephraim route)

Supports with some of the best characters in the game.

Rapier kills stuff.

Great promotion.

Adorable.

Sieglinde use.

Cons:

Always sword locked.

Defense is flimsy. (better than Lyn though...zomg.)

Low move until promotion.

Eirika is in no way, bad. 8/10. (Biased rank 10/10. Shes my favorite lord in the FE series so yeah.)

How is this a pro for her?

It's more like 30% defense growth isn't great when the base is 3. By itself alone, yeah, it's pretty good, and it certainly makes her durability better than Lyn, but 3 base defense takes a while to get out of with 30%.

@Mage Lord, Because no other Fire Emblem lord can do it. So if even she does get RNG screwed hey look it's not that big of a deal.

@Luminescent Blade, True but there are plenty worse units as far as durability goes. She has a good growth in Hp (I think 70%) can get good defense boosts from supports and has plenty of levels for the growth to kick in. Honestly though maybe I was a little annoyed with everyone dogging her for durability.

Edited by JaketheGr3at

16 base with 70 isn't all that great either. +3 from Seth is nice and probably her best support option gameplaywise (ton of availability, moderately fast), but even that takes a while to build considering the 3 move disparity until promotion. Her durability doesn't suck anymore before promotion, but she'll have to wait until chapter 16 to do that.

So yeah, her durability is pretty shit for most of the game.

16 base with 70 isn't all that great either. +3 from Seth is nice and probably her best support option gameplaywise (ton of availability, moderately fast), but even that takes a while to build considering the 3 move disparity until promotion. Her durability doesn't suck anymore before promotion, but she'll have to wait until chapter 16 to do that.

So yeah, her durability is pretty shit for most of the game.

If you're actually like, seriously using Seth, I don't think he's likely to build a support with Eirika.

And her supports might as well not exist on Ephraim Route (also known as the superior route).

She's basically what you'd get if Lyn and Eliwood had a child that inherited most of their strengths and few of their weaknesses (you know, the opposite of their actual child).

emot-downsrim.gif

I'll give her a 7/10, decent offense with good speed, but kinda frail until promotion. After promotion she's good for the rest of the game, though. And of course, counting her lack of existence on Ephraim's route.

If you're actually like, seriously using Seth, I don't think he's likely to build a support with Eirika.

And her supports might as well not exist on Ephraim Route (also known as the superior route).

Well, that's assuming moderate Seth. I do realise Sethskip is basically rescuedrop/warp Seth, kill boss, rinse and repeat, and Eirika's only job there is basically early routs and seize. Due to Seth's ability completely trivialise the entire game, I assume three modes of play: Sethless, Moderate Sethuse, and Sethskip.

She's pretty good for a Lord. I'd say about 8/10 because in a game with a shitload of standout units and easy enemies she's merely extremely competent, and she has a few issues like CON, early fragility, lack of pre-promote horse, and route issues. But on her own route her availability just can't be beat, and she can always find something useful to do. Plus she's also Merlinus/Marth on top of that. Where is she keeping all of these items, under that criminally short skirt?