FE8 No-Reset Draft

13th

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-It's a slot machine. For all of your complaining about the cheatery of other players, this draft certainly isn't much better. I basically have to HOPE all of my hits connect, or another turn down the drain. I have to HOPE that the enemy doesn't critical me, or woe be me, an 8 turn penalty. I have to make sure my Lords don't die, or you guessed it. It's not encouraging me to play strategically in the least, it's encouraging me to turtle through the levels. Oh wait, that'd probably be impossible too, with my team. That's another thing, if I was doing a normal draft, my team would be pretty awesome.

8 turns is probably too much, but even so, Vanessa is much too fragile; she's definitely not a first-round pick, despite what she can do in terms of turn-shaving.

-It operates an a code of ethics. I could've reset and not gone through the most obnoxious experience in my drafting experience and you wouldn't have been the wiser for it. How does this in ANY way mitigate the problems of RnG abuse? What does this draft do, for that matter, besides making me suffer? I wouldn't have to think more tactically if I was a little more unethical.

To be fair, every draft ever also relies on people not lying.

-Seth should've been free. But that's just my opinion, and needless to say someone's going to reply to this and blabber about how he ruins the point of drafting or whatever.

I agree with this, since not even Seth is RNG-proof.

Not like that matters, this draft does marginalize some picks. Like Pegasus Knights for example. Or anyone who's not Franz.

So don't pick them.

-If you get even one or two deaths, you're basically screwed out of any competitive chance with your fellow draftees. Yeah, nothing motivates me to continue a draft than the feeling that I've already lost.

You're not playing for sheep stations. It will make no difference whatsoever whether you win or lose, and surely you had a reason to join this draft apart from getting get a lower TC than everybody else? That said, you can't discount yourself yet, we haven't seen how the others will fare.

8 turns is probably too much, but even so, Vanessa is much too fragile; she's definitely not a first-round pick, despite what she can do in terms of turn-shaving.

Yeah, that was definetely a stupid decision on my part.

To be fair, every draft ever also relies on people not lying.

I know that, but I thought the creation of this draft was in response to the people who RnG abused and continuously reset or stuff like that for good levels. It's still kind of missing the point there, though.

So don't pick them.

It's just annoying because they're perfectly good in, well, any other style of play, I guess. My picks weren't the best, but my penalties weren't even because of Vanessa. They were because Eirika deemed it fit to get hit by 2 ~35%s and died. That...just doesn't sit right with me.

You're not playing for sheep stations. It will make no difference whatsoever whether you win or lose, and surely you had a reason to join this draft apart from getting get a lower TC than everybody else? That said, you can't discount yourself yet, we haven't seen how the others will fare.

Fair enough (except the losing part, have you SEEN my turncounts). But I feel like this is more tedious than other drafts, because I have to reset if someone dies AND I take a penalty. There's nothing that makes this draft more appealing to me.

imo the main thing I would change is that the penalty isn't a flat amount but rather equal to how many turns you had spent prior, so that if you're like "Oh shit I forgot a Door Key" and have to restart on Turn 1 or w/e it's just a slight penalty but if you fuck up halfway through the chapter it's larger.

I don't think Seth should be free

No Reset FE8 Draft

My Team: Franz, Gerik, Artur, Dozla, Knoll

Prologue 2/2 Resets: 0

Burn RN burn and traded swag to Eirika.

Unit Lv/Xp/HP/St/Sk/Sp/Lk/Df/Rs Support WLvs

Eirika 02/45/16/05/08/10/06/03/01 Sword E

Chapter 1 5/7 Resets: 0

Did the usual strat. Franz battled reinforcements. Surprisingly, Eirika didnt even get hit by anyone. Franz's level wasnt too shabby.

Eirika 04/46/17/05/09/12/06/03/02 Sword D

Franz 02/46/21/07/06/08/02/06/01 Sword E Lance D

Chapter 2 6/11 Resets: 0

Undrafteds rescue each other and stay north. Eirika goes down with Franz Turn 1. Eirika then puts her Rapier in Convoy and the Steel Sword too, she then buys an Iron Sword. Franz follows her. Ross and Garcia handle themselves pretty well. They cleaned up the east with Ross dodging lethal blows like a baws and taking an archer arrow to the face and surviving with 1 hp. Turn 3, Franz goes down. Eirika gets in range of one of the reinforcements. The reinforcement and the first bandit are attacked in EP. She stays in range of them next turn and attacks and kills the first reinforcement. Franz gets the Pure Water and Cantos. Turn 5, Franz kills the bandit that went after him, and he is now in range of the boss. Franz can 3RKO boss but instead he decides to critblick him in EP. Turn 6 Eirika gets the last bandit by attacking him in PP and finishing it in Turn 6 EP since Franz isnt in range.

Eirika 06/07/18/06/11/12/07/03/02 Sword D

Franz 03/76/21/08/06/09/03/06/01 Sword E Lance D

Chapter 3 8/19 Resets: 0

This was harder than it should have been. Stupid low hitrates hitting Eirika and her having to heal every PP was irritating. She got hit by a hand axe at 18 display I mean, come on. Neimi failed to kill the bandit with chest key....

Eirika 07/34/19/06/12/13/07/03/02 Sword C

Franz 05/83/22/09/07/10/03/07/01 Sword E Lance D

Neimi 01/70/17/04/05/06/04/03/02 Bow D

Chapter 4 6/25 Resets: 0

Franz and Eirika were done with stuff on Turn 5. But surprise, Neimi's uselessness and Artur not ORKO'ing the last wight costed me a turn. Weeee.

Eirika 09/27/20/06/14/14/08/03/02 Sword C

Franz 08/94/25/11/07/12/03/08/02 Sword E Lance C

Neimi 01/83/17/04/05/06/04/03/02 Bow D

Artur 04/54/21/07/08/09/03/02/06 Light E

Chapter 5 5/30 Resets: 0

Franz built Sword rank. Got the Armorslayer and rushed. Neimi got the Dracoshield. Franz had to heal and park in the forest tile with the armorslayer but he didnt get hit by the boss anyway in EP :facepalm:

Eirika 09/70/20/06/14/14/08/03/02 Sword B

Artur 04/54/21/07/08/09/03/02/06 Light E

Franz 12/73/29/12/07/15/07/08/02 Sword D Lance C

Neimi 01/83/17/04/05/06/04/03/02 Bow D

Chapter 5x 9+8 Eph died/47 Resets: 1

Eph is stupid. Dumb. Dumbass. Most shittiest. F. ing. Lord. Ever. I. HATE HIM.

Ephraim 06/43/23/09/10/13/09/07/02 Lance D

Orson 04/11/34/16/13/11/04/13/07 Sword A Lance A

Chapter 6 4/51 Resets: 1

Franz rush to the boss. Neimi almost died, but Franz got attacked by boss before that happened.

Eirika 10/04/21/06/15/15/09/03/02 Sword B

Franz 16/04/31/15/09/17/10/10/02 Sword D Lance B

Chapter 7 9/60 Resets: 1

Gave the Dracoshield to Eirika before chapter. Franz rushed. Had to make sure Eirika could survive so I had her wait for Franz. Neimi sacrificed herself meatshielding so that Eirika could stay safe a while longer from the northern enemies near the start. Artur helped with mages.

Eirika 10/93/21/06/15/15/09/05/02 Sword B

Franz 18/81/33/16/09/18/12/10/02 Sword D Lance B

Artur 05/65/21/07/09/10/03/02/07 Light E

Chapter 8 8/68 Resets: 1

Whew. Franz was at 14 hp and didnt get hit by 38 display Silver Lance thanks to God. He also missed a few Armorslayer hits that couldve allowed me to 7 turn the map but alas. I almost took a kyle penalty but the cavs targeted Eph instead. Whew. Artur survived somehow.

Eirika 11/31/22/06/15/15/10/05/02 Sword B

Franz 04/41/37/19/12/21/12/13/03 Sword C Lance A

Artur 06/24/22/08/09/11/03/02/08 Light D

Franz is amazing. Going Eirika route although Im about to bench her for good >.>. Stupid Ephraim too costed me a penalty.

OK, since people have been replying to my reaction to this draft, which I feel is perfectly justified, I'll do it over again and see if the problem is indeed with me and not the draft. Or the other way around, who knows? Feel free to give me a penalty of this. laugh.gif Or not, if you're feeling merciful (who am I talking to anyways?). Still, I feel if I can wring some enjoyment out of this draft which honest to god pissed me off the first time around, it'll be a victory for me.

I don't think Seth should be free

Fair enough, I'm just a wimp. tongue.gif

Prologue: 2/2 turns

Resets: 0

Units Available- Eirika

So this was basically just business as usual. I used the same trick everyone and their mother uses to get a 2 turn clear, and I couldn't be more proud of it. Eirika also gets a good level out of the whole deal, so I'm definitely not complaining.

Chapter 1: 5/7 turns

Units Available- Eirika

Another cookie cutter solution. Eirika soloed the map whilst getting some truly average levels in the process. But really, in the end, isn't that what Fire Emblem is all about? Yes, yes it is.

Chapter 2: 6/13 turns

Units Available- Eirika, Vanessa

Oh boy, this one was a doozie. So Eirika and Vanessa went south, with Vanessa getting the village so Bonez and his budy would head towards Eirika. She also helped kill a bandit or two, but WTD did not help her much here. Oh, and Eirika gained some fantastic levels!

Chapter 3: 10/23 turns

Units Available- Eirika, Vanessa

Man, is this one annoying without Garcia to own everyone. Vanessa's way too flimsy to put into any serious danger, and Eirika has to rely on the lower hit rates of WTD to survive. Thankfully my units got good level ups to make up for the middling turncount!

EDIT Oh, and I deleted my save file to add insult to injury. Goddamn it, me!

Edited by Refa

Chapter 9 13/81 Resets: 1

Killing Edge helped a lot. Franz rushed got the Draco and the Killing Edge. Sending them to Convoy. So eirika could use them. Eirika and Artur struggled a lot. I had to constantly retreat with them and strategically lured the enemies to the starting point. After Eirika had weakened stuff up enough. Artur (who stayed just out of range of everyone except a Hand Axe bandit) and Eirika teamed on the enemies. Franz couldve done his part in 12 turns but a figher didnt chase him, costing me a turn.

Eirika 12/73/23/06/16/16/11/07/02 Sword B

Franz 07/29/38/19/14/24/13/14/04 Sword C Lance S

Artur 08/76/23/10/11/11/03/02/10 Light D

Chapter 10 Eirika Route 7/88 Resets: 1

Eirika played at being Marth. Franz opened her way. Artur gathered CEXP.

Eirika 13/11/23/07/16/17/12/07/02 Sword B

Artur 09/57/24/10/11/12/04/02/10 Light D

Franz 08/89/39/19/15/24/14/14/04 Sword B Lance S

Gerik 10/00/32/14/13/13/08/10/04 Sword C

Tethys 01/00/18/01/02/12/10/05/04

Chapter 11 Eirika Route 8/96 Resets: 1

Franz went south with Tethys help. He killed the Venin Bow guy. He then killed the southern enemy pack (the one with the red flying thing that is really strong) and doubled back with Tethys help and killed the guys west of Dozla. Gerik and Artur did stuff east. Eirika killed reinforcements.

Eirika 14/52/24/07/17/18/13/07/02 Sword A

Franz 10/68/40/20/16/24/14/14/04 Sword B Lance S

Artur 11/10/25/12/12/13/04/02/11 Light C

Gerik 02/39/37/15/16/15/08/13/07 Sword C Axe C

Tethys 01/40/18/01/02/12/10/05/04

Chapter 12 11/107

Eirika was so fail that she had to unequip herself after a while for fear of death near the start. Gerik made his way to Eirika and helped her. Artur got 4 barriers in before end of chapter. OMG I forgot I have Dozla drafted...couldve helped xD. Oh well.

Eirika 16/19/25/07/17/20/14/07/04 Sword A

Artur 02/55/29/14/13/13/05/05/14 Light B Staff C

Franz 12/40/42/20/17/24/15/14/05 Sword B Lance S

Gerik 03/42/38/15/17/15/08/13/07 Sword C Axe B

Tethys 02/31/19/01/02/13/11/05/05

Damnit...I just did ch 12 and had a lot of trouble with eirika near the starting point. Then, I realized I have Dozlol drafted and couldve made him stay there and prevent all that Eirika trouble. Ugh. Oh well, it isnt worth it to reset now anyway.

Creeper, I will exercise my host's right, as mention by integrity. I don't trust you, as I don't trust your TCs.

So I can't let you join this.

You know I'm horrible at LTC.

I don't really play for LTC, only for Decent turncounts, not minimum.

Oh, and reply to the mafia PM you so and so.

So, first I had to reset in ch 14 because Eirika got berserk'd and decided to attack freaking Franz of all ppl. Then, in chapter 15, calleach decides to 4% critblick Gerik. >.>

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome fine reader, to my playthrough of Fire Emblem 8: No Resets Edition! Today is a learning experience for us all! How, you ask? Well, you can learn how a No Resets draft works in practice, although complaints from PKL and myself from the past (who's a real asshole, don't listen to him; I mean me from the past BTW, not PKL, sheesh). I can learn how much suffering I can put myself through. And Space Jesus can learn whether this will save my soul or not.

Prologue- 2/2 turns

Resets- 0

1.png

That went as well as you expected. Some call it "RnG" "abuse" "." I also call it RnG abuse. But hey, it's well worn territory and everyone does it (kinda like that bungee jumping off of mountains that's been all the rage recently).

Chapter 1- 5/7 turns

Resets- 0

2.png

Don't hit A...Don't hit A...Don't hit A....Don't Hit A...

(Would you like me to repeat that message?

Yes (Hit A), No (Don't Hit A)

So what am I working with here?

Eirika1.png

Um...that's pretty good, I guess? Would've liked some DEF or STR or anything besides the three golden pillars of Myrmidonihood- Skill, Speed, and Failure.

Vanessa1.png

Not good enough to survive in axeland!

Chapter 2- ???/??? turns

Resets- 0

3.png

Let's just say I'm VERY thankful early game throws so many vulneraries at you, because I'm going to need them.

4.png

You better not get hit, Eirika...

SPOILER- She got hit.

5.png

I thought they would try to gang up on Eirika, but apparently they went after Garcia instead. Brilliant!

So I didn't count the number of my turns, so I guess I'll have to wait till endgame to count them.

So how are my characters doing?

Eirika2.png

A bit more boss than before.

Vanessa2.png

BASE STATS, hellz yeah.

Chapter 3- 14/????

6.png

So I had Eirika and Vanessa team up to break the door, and apparently Eirika could've ORKOed this guy with an Iron Sword! Dammit, I should've looked at the stats before doing the wall breaky thing.

7.png

Nothing can stop the power of chips!

8.png

Vanessa to D7, Eirika to E8, let's go people, make magic happen!

9.png

Nothing better than the magic of bad level ups. dry.gif

10.png

Wow, Eirika is actually kind of awesome. Something Lyndis could never aspire to...

11.png

And Vanessa killed the bandit! Without taking a hit! Crazy talk, I know!

13.png

Best chips damage ever, guys.

16.png

Like I said, best chips damage ever, guys.

17.png

I better not have to reset because I got hit by 2 27%s...That would be some bullshit, all right. Especially since there's nothing else I can do in this situation and the fact that I'd be punished for it would be well...ARGH.

18.png

There's a load off of my back.

Edited by Refa

Yeah, I can see how that chapter would be a pain in the ass without resets. Still, it's not THAT bad when you can test out different strategies and see what works, which is unfortunately something a no resets run lacks, forcing you to tank it out in lieu of coming up with neat plans.

Chapter 4- 12/???? turns

19.png

I'm not 100% sure, but this may be the very first time in my life that I've used a Pure Water, let alone in FE8. Milestones are being breached here, people!

20.png

NewYearsEmoticon.gif

21.png

While I was planning on just letting Vanessa take care of all of these mooks, the 50%s and their evil cousins, the 60%s, did not deem it fit to make that all too easy on me. Short story made shorter, Vanessa ran away while chowing down on those vulneraries.

22.png

As shown here!

23.png

Pure Water is pretty awesome guys.

24.png

Vanessa is even awesomer, guys.

25.png

More tanking with a unit who was obviously meant to do no such thing!

26.png

Eirika almost getting killed from like 3 20%s. Yeah, fuck you too game. What next, am I going to get killed by a 1% crit? Because that would be the worst.

27.png

Vanessa ran out of vulneraries, so she had to steal Asseray's vulneraries to keep her alive.

So let's take another look at my team! My 2 man woman army!

Eirika3.png

Eirika's doing quite well actually.

Vanessa3.png

As is Vanessa. A few more good levels under my belt and this draft might not kill me in my sleep after all.

Yay for living!

Chapter 5- ????/????

Resets- 0

Oh god.

Why am I so awful at recording these turncounts.

WHY?

What am I fighting fooooooooooooooooooooooor?

28.png

Vanessa is credit to team.

30.png

I think she may be the tankiest member of my team.

31.png

PLEASE don't miss.

33.png

The only odds you can trust in a no resets run.

34.png

Natasha is going to block some AXES with her face. Strangely, such a dumb decision doesn't backfire on me.

36.png

PLEASE don't miss.

38.png

Oh dear god.

39.png

YES! I will subscribe to the religion of your choice or whatever evil diety you worship that made it so that Joshua missed!

40.png

I think I needed the Dracoshield, also Vanessa needed to get Armorslayer.

41.png

Vanessa has progressed past chips.

42.png

Yay for supply shenanigans!

43.png

Hrngh...I dunno about those odds....

Edited by Refa

Chapter 5x- ????/????

Resets- 0

Why didn't I record my turns? Argh.

44.png

Ephraim's got this covered.

45.png

Man, Olson's going to destroy this game.

46.png

If I had Seth, this would be what I would be doing for the rest of the game.

47.png

Smart positioning FTW

48.png

Does Ephraim obsolete his sister who's like twice his level, from base? Goddamit, Ephraim.

51.png

Oh no. ORSON FUCKED. What to do?

52.png

smug.gif

54.png

Zanta, you suck.

So let's go back and look at my real team.

Eirika4.png

So Eirika's looking really good, although that defence....hrngh.

Vanessa4.png

Are you sure? YES.

Joshua1.png

Ha, he has the same amount of strength as Eirika 6 levels lower.

Natasha1.png

At least she's better than Ellen?

Chapter 6- ????/????

Resets- 0

56.png

Nice and easy, baby steps does it.

57.png

HOLY SHIT, ARCHER

59.png

The fuck are they feeding their social knights?

60.png

Joshua kills defenseless staff wielding girls ALL OF THE TIME, if you know what I mean. Guess the coin landed on heads.

61.png

DRAMATIC HEALING EXPERIENCE

70.png

Great level up!

71.png

I don't like these odds...

73.png

THIS...ASSHOLE...good lord, I hate him so much.

74.png

Yeah, fuck you too, buddy.

75.png76.png

I like those odds.

Eirika5.png

Is this a different picture?

Joshua2.png

Joshua is getting better. No DEF makes me slightly uneasy in such a draft, however.

Natasha2.png

Still worse than Moulder.

Vanessa5.png

Best unit ever, DUDEBRO.

Edited by Refa

Chapter 7- 16/????

Resets- 0

I could just skip this map with Vanessa.

But what's the fun in that?

No fun, I tell you, no fun at all.

77.png

Joshua's ready to kick some ass, who am I to deny him that opportunity, nay, his GOD GIVEN RIGHT?

78.png

I thought you were past being chips, Vanessa!

79.png

I dunno, could still screw me over somehow.

80.png

MUCH better.

81.png

Joshua's turning out really awesome. Guess I'll have to retract my hate of him or something.

Guys, I'm totally going to have Colm steal Caellach's Iron Rune, rescue him, and have Joshua STAB his face with the Killing Edge he starts with. I don't think I've used it yet.

82.png

Vanessa makes killing mages easy!

83.png

And rewarding!

85.png

How to get Energy Ring without eating a penalty.

Step 1, kill this asshole.

87.png

Step 2, steal said Energy Ring (not shown for graphical content).

88.png

Step 3, haul Colm's ass out of there.

89.png

Step 4, dump him where he can't hurt your turncount. Thank god there's no obnoxious FE5 style rescuing here.

90.png

He aims-

91.png

And he scores!

93.png

Vanessa's so awesome.

94.png

LAYS

95.png

You've got this Joshua!

96.png

Or not. Well, there's always enemy phase, right?

97.png

Man, fuck you Joshua.

98.png

I'm giving the kill to someone who deserves it.

99.png

It sounds REAL FUCKING NICE, thank you very much.

100.png

Om nom nom.

Eirika6.png

Do my eyes deceive me? I think Eirika has not changed one bit!

Vanessa6.png

What a boss.

Joshua3.png

Also doing surprisingly well.

Natasha3.png

Good healing!

Chapter 8- 18/???? turns

Resets- 0

101.png

Vanessa was definitely the MVP of this chapter.

104.png

SO CLOSE.

109.png

Great levels abound!

110.png

Of course, there's no time to celebrate. Turns out Vanessa is the only unit of mine tanky enough to be able to survive the knights of death and despair and mild indifference.

113.png

Ephraim, you're such a-

114.png

I retract my unfinished statement.

116.png

Vanessa is amazing.

117.png

News at 11.

123.png

Look at your man.

122.png

Now look at Joshua.

123.png

Take another look at-

124.png

TOO LATE HE'S DEAD.

125.png

Whee whee whee!

127.png

How the fuck did Eirika so thoroughly destroy Tirado on only enemy phase?

128.png

Not that I'm complaining.

134.png

YES.

135.png

YES.

Eirika7.png

I don't think she's gained a single stat for like 5 levels.

Joshua4.png

Then again, neither has he, except skill anyways.

Natasha4.png

5 levels to go!

Vanessa7.png

Boss as always.

EXCEPT...

EXCEPT...

FUCKING EPHRAIM.

THAT ASSHOLE.

THE BASTARD.

TOOK MY ELYSIAN WHIP!

Tana1.png

Will Tana cost me turns?

Yes, yes she will.

Goddamit Tana.

Chapter 9- WHO GIVES A FUCK I RESET/????

Resets- 2

136.png

Why did you have to get hit by 4 60%s? Why did I accidently hit the B button while you had a Steel Lance equipped? WHYYYYYYY?

And she died the 2nd time because apparently, Steel Axe dude almost OHKOs her. FUCK. THIS. GAME. THIS. IS. BULLSHIT.

I'm taking the Seth penalty, or I will tear my damn hair out.

PS Dear God, I tried so hard to love this draft, but I can't. I hate it. I hate it so much. Final turncounts will be posted soon.

Edited by Refa

Prologue- 2/2 turns

Chapter 1- 5/7 turns

Chapter 2- 8/15 turns

Chapter 3- 14/29 turns

Chapter 4- 12/41 turns

Chapter 5- 15/56 turns

Chapter 5x- 15/71 turns

Chapter 6- 11/82 turns

Chapter 7- 16/98 turns

Chapter 8- 18/116 turns

Chapter 9- 24 (+8 turn penalty for 2 deaths, +8 turn Seth penalty)/164 turns

Chapter 10- 17/181 turns

Chapter 11- 15/196 turns

Chapter 12- 15 (+4 turn penalty for Saleh)/215 turns

Chapter 13- 6/221 turns

Chapter 14- 12/233 turns

Chapter 15- 14 (+ 72 turn penalty for 9 deaths, 28 turn penalty for Duessel, 24 turn penalty for Knoll, 20 turn penalty for Saleh, 16 turn penalty for Innes, 12 turn penalty for Gerik, 12 turn penalty for Cormag/431 turns

Chapter 16- 12 (+24 turn penalty for 3 deaths, +12 turn penalty for Saleh and Innes)/491 turns

Chapter 17- 4 (+8 turn penalty for Saleh and Innes)/503 turns

Chapter 18- 8 (+8 turn penalty for 1 death + 16 turn penalty for Saleh and Innes)/535 turns

Chapter 19- 3 (+8 turn penalty for Saleh and Innes)/546 turns

Chapter 20- 6 (+8 turn penalty for 1 death, +16 turn penalty for Saleh and Innes)/576 turns

Final Chapter Part 1: 25 turns (+56 turn penalty for 7 deaths and 64 turn penalty for Saleh and Innes)/741 turns

Final Chapter Part 2: 2 (+8 turn penalty for Saleh & Innes)/751 turns

I still won the draft because noone else bothered to finish it!

Edited by Refa

Yeah. I'm sorry to have done so mediocrely, but after you die in Chapter 15 on your first move just because the Berserk with less than 30% hit crit blicks you, it's hard to call that anything besides unfair and being punished for it pissed me off.

Not to mention that even without the penalties, my turncount isn't so hot because I had to turtle my way around the maps.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not degrading you, I just think the penalties are unbalanced. Every time a unit dies, you're basically forced to take a penalty, since if you go on without them you'll run out of army pretty quickly.

And I still think Seth should be free (at least to a certain point) since he can help cut down on RNG-induced restarts.

I'm still going with this, I just keep forgetting to put them up. Wait until you see my chapter 6...

Dammit, I thought I walked away with a default victory.

Well, here's hoping you do better than I do, man. Not that you'd have to try hard to do that.

• 4 months later...

Im doing this again!

Chapter 14 8+8+8/idk how many turns.

Fuck. Had to reset once because carlyle crit Franz. Then it was due to Berserk. Last run all went smoothly.

(I actually did this ages ago but forgot to post it) Im now on chapter 15.

Chapter 15 6+8+8+8+8+8/i dont give a fuck anymore turns

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Chapter 16 4/??

Warp. This one was easy, surprisingly. Franz smashed Orson after dropping Eirika.

Chapter 17 2/???

Warp Franz. Profit.

Chapter 18 7+8/???

NO.

Chapter 19 2/???

Warp Franz and smash.

Chapter 20 3+8+8/???

Riev critblicked me twice. Yes, he critblicked me, fuck this game. But otherwise, extreemly easy chapter with WARP.

Final 1 2+8+8+8+8/???

Myrrh decided she likes to be stoned so I had to reset quite a few times. Again, fuck this game.

Final 2 1/???

GLAD THATS OVER.

Final TC is 256 with all the penalties. This draft was stupidly annoying. I'd never do one again. While in paper this seems like a good concept, (bar the ridiculously high penalty for getting Bullshitted by the game but I digress) giving a penalty for mistakes and stuff that went wrong is EXTREMELY flawed and aggravating. I can understand Refa' s rage at this draft, since I did rage a lot too due to unlucky misses that were costly, bullshit crits, etc. IM GLAD THATS OVER.

• 6 months later...

Chapter 1 Eirika got hit by axe dudes twice in a row.

Chapter 3 Gilliam got doubled and died.

Chapter 5 Gilliam got double crit by Joshua.

Chapter 6 I forgot that enemies could cross mountains. Sorry Moulder!

Chapter 7 Moulder got critkilled by a Merc.

Chapter 7 Gilliam got critkilled and OHKOed by Thunder.

THIS IS FUN GUYS