I don't get politics sometimes.

Nestling

Poli = many

ticks = blood sucking creature

Politics = many blood sucking creatures.

also, lol apparently, people need a little bit more learning about their country's government because its asecular government. I.e. a candidates religion should have no impact on people's views.

Poli = many

ticks = blood sucking creature

Politics = many blood sucking creatures.

also, lol apparently, people need a little bit more learning about their country's government because its asecular government. I.e. a candidates religion should have no impact on people's views.

That's not what secular government means. You can believe that Christians are smarter or more moral or better understand your situation, all that seperation of church and state usually means is that federal funds can't go to religious organisations: i.e. you can't have state-funded churches. After all, if David Miscaviage or Fred Phelps ran for President tomorrow, you would perfectly right to refuse to vote for them because of their batshit insane religious beliefs.

EDIT: and governments typically can't regulate religious activities either, I forgot to add that in. For example, you're even permitted to take hallucinogenic drugs in America as long as you can show that it's part of your religion.

Edited by Anouleth

I understand that there are two incredibly different sides of the internet that share the ideas, I'm just saying it's silly that sometimes, people from the same place will be strong about BOTH opinions~. They'll be all like "omg Obama is a supper muzlim" then turn around and be like "wtf not everyone is christian, freedom of religion, mengz"

I understand that there are two incredibly different sides of the internet that share the ideas, I'm just saying it's silly that sometimes, people from the same place will be strong about BOTH opinions~. They'll be all like "omg Obama is a supper muzlim" then turn around and be like "wtf not everyone is christian, freedom of religion, mengz"

You probably ran into one of the nutters who basically supports freedom of religion for only the religions they deem acceptable.

I just don't get America in general. :blink:

I'm not entirely sure it's possible to get, really.

EDIT: and governments typically can't regulate religious activities either, I forgot to add that in. For example, you're even permitted to take hallucinogenic drugs in America as long as you can show that it's part of your religion.

Actually, you don't even need a religious excuse to be prescribed drugs that can cause hallucinations, as I found out...yesterday.

Edited by Jet Black Gunner

that is probably because communities are not individuals

are you even trying to understand this

also people complaining about obama's religion are most probably stupid and the people complaining about some politicians being christians are most probably just complaining about the batshit insane people who claim god told them to run for president

also maybe you're confused by politics but this is hardly politics.

That's not what secular government means. You can believe that Christians are smarter or more moral or better understand your situation, all that seperation of church and state usually means is that federal funds can't go to religious organisations: i.e. you can't have state-funded churches. After all, if David Miscaviage or Fred Phelps ran for President tomorrow, you would perfectly right to refuse to vote for them because of their batshit insane religious beliefs.

Everyday a little bit less ignorant :newyears:

that is probably because communities are not individuals

Communities referring to larger groups of individuals, who generally will share similar opinions.

Or maybe I'm just retarded and can't understand your logic. But that's ok.