Thinking of trying this game.

I mean Echidna for Body Ring. I have no clue what IS was thinking when they gave any axe-mainer only 9 con, especially considering Echidna's bicep size.

With 11 con she has AS Lossless Iron and Killer Axing. That's pretty awesome. Miledy's honestly OP'd enough as it is, she doesn't need more help :P

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine, he can't die if he doesn't see combat! :XD:

Chapter 7 NPC AI says "Hi"

People have pretty much said this already. :/:

I had pretty much only read the OP, so eh. *shrug*

...Maybe. I'm a bit iffy on Est archetypes but "minimal resources" allieviates that a little I guess.

Minimal resources is essentially:

Whatever is left of the Gant Lance

OR

Elysian Whip when he hits Level 10 (this is basically ~8 kills after he joins).

(I recommend this because while he could use Steel, it is a little heavier than he'd prefer.)

The early whip is basically to get him to C Lances for Killers, as well as the extra move. I don't remember how close his strength is to capping without the HM bonuses, so early promo might not be strictly necessary if you don't mind working on his weapon rank naturally, and want to squeeze a few more levels of growth out. But really, he doesn't take much.

Edited by Balcerzak

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I don't even know how you can say this with a straight face...

Cool as in she promotes to a female General, maybe? That's pretty cool, right?

Piss me off, eclipse Priests/Clerics/Bishops in the eyes of what seems like a very large portion of this fanbase, etc.

Do you hate Cavaliers for the same reason or is it the combination of horses and staves specifically that drives you bonkers?

Just curious.

Hmmm

Good luck with C7 & C4 w/o Marcus/Zealot

and CH 11 A is easier with Thany dropping promoted Dieck/Lott/Ward with Hand axes over east wall

Echida is awesome

You won't regret using her

Also

Load her with Killer Axes

And watch her crash into everything

Cool as in she promotes to a female General, maybe? That's pretty cool, right?

Wrong.

yeh female general pretty cool. When she is a knight urghhh didn't like training her but she was better to train then that lame ass bors. awesome general though

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Again, I have trouble seeing how you can defend who's the worst unit in all of Fire Emblem... Wendy's just indefensible, end of story.

Edited by Metal King Slime

There's something called having fun dude. You don't always have to use the best of the best. Sometimes using the less than stellar units can be fun.

I know that full well. But when it seems to be called for, I have to be blunt about the subject.

Strong units. Weak units. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled players should try to win with their favourites.

In any case, Wendy's far from the worst unit ever. Sophia, Lyre and Ardan exist!

Strong units. Weak units. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled players should try to win with their favourites.

In any case, Wendy's far from the worst unit ever. Sophia, Lyre and Ardan exist!

Hrrrngh...! Karen's...

I can't agree with that; Wendy makes Lyre look good in comparison. Also, I'd consider coming in as a level 1 armor before an axe-dominated segment of the game to be worse than whatever Ardan has going against him. And trying to feed Wendy kills... have fun with that when your hit rates will never be reliable.

Well, now I'm feeling tempted to use some of the units I was closed off to (specifically Lilina, Clarine and Igrene), ugh...

body ring on clarine or bust

Body ring on Fir.

I like Fir.

...Conflicting messages...

Chapter 7 NPC AI says "Hi"

I had pretty much only read the OP, so eh. *shrug*

Not much to say here that adds anything.

Minimal resources is essentially:

Whatever is left of the Gant Lance

OR

Elysian Whip when he hits Level 10 (this is basically ~8 kills after he joins).

(I recommend this because while he could use Steel, it is a little heavier than he'd prefer.)

The early whip is basically to get him to C Lances for Killers, as well as the extra move. I don't remember how close his strength is to capping without the HM bonuses, so early promo might not be strictly necessary if you don't mind working on his weapon rank naturally, and want to squeeze a few more levels of growth out. But really, he doesn't take much.

All sounds good to me, I might do an early promotion mostly because he joins late so if I give him a late promo he won't be promoted for very long.

Hmmm

Good luck with C7 & C4 w/o Marcus/Zealot

That's part of what I meant by "short-term".

and CH 11 A is easier with Thany dropping promoted Dieck/Lott/Ward with Hand axes over east wall

I'll keep that in mind if I have a promoted Dieck by then (I somehow doubt I will but I won't rule it out).

Echida is awesome

You won't regret using her

Also

Load her with Killer Axes

And watch her crash into everything

Cool. I was actually conflicted about who to give the Killer Axes to (I was thinking of Gonzales first but I guess I could see how Echidna might use them better).

Also, any ideas on Supports? Should I bother with them? If so, which ones? (People here already mentioned LilinaXRoy and DorothyXSaul and I've also heard about ClarineXRutger and AlanXLance)

Supports are pretty slow overall, and the four you listed are some of the faster ones. There's a cap on supports built/chapter, so it's pretty hard to build many supports anyway, might as well do the fast ones.

Though if you don't mind 0+1s, tacking Dieck to ClarineRutger for a triangle is pretty hax. Just takes forever to build.

Also Fir and Clarine really doesn't need body rings anyway. Clarine loses no AS from all acquirable Anima except Forblaze and Bolting, and the last thing Fir cares about is speed loss because she's so damn fast. Killing Edge only takes off 1 and Silver Sword takes off 2 and if you give her heavier swords besides Durandal you're doing it wrong. Gogo EchidnaRing.

Well, now I'm feeling tempted to use some of the units I was closed off to (specifically Lilina, Clarine and Igrene), ugh...

I wouldn't fret about them three dood.

Give them a go and see whether you like them/find them useful because you might/are useful.

Besides all three of them are adorable and huggable.

Support stuff mentioned sounds okay so far.

Though if you don't mind 0+1s, tacking Dieck to ClarineRutger for a triangle is pretty hax. Just takes forever to build.

Thanks for the heads up but I think I'll pass, by the sounds of it Dieck will be busy elsewhere and I don't want to spend too long on them.

Also Fir and Clarine really doesn't need body rings anyway. Clarine loses no AS from all acquirable Anima except Forblaze and Bolting, and the last thing Fir cares about is speed loss because she's so damn fast. Killing Edge only takes off 1 and Silver Sword takes off 2 and if you give her heavier swords besides Durandal you're doing it wrong. Gogo EchidnaRing.

Pretty much what I thought.

I wouldn't fret about them three dood.

Give them a go and see whether you like them/find them useful because you might/are useful.

Heh, fine.

Besides all three of them are adorable and huggable.

Igrene is adorable and huggable? News to me... >_>

BTW.

Have fun with the Wyverns going everywhere.

That's why Igrene is useful.

Good bases, and comes at the right time.

Also, if Lilina is being used, try using Garret+speedwings.

Also, promoting Dieck around lvl 10-15 before ch 11A, does help, since he loves 1-2 range with hand axes.

BTW.

Have fun with the Wyverns going everywhere.

That's why Igrene is useful.

Good bases, and comes at the right time.

I don't know what to say to this...

Also, if Lilina is being used, try using Garret+speedwings.

I think I'll pass...

Also, promoting Dieck around lvl 10-15 before ch 11A, does help, since he loves 1-2 range with hand axes.

I'll try to get him there by then, hope I can do it!

No seriously there's a fuckload of wyverns everywhere in FE6 starting at like chapter 7. Isles and certain indoor maps are the only breaks from them. Bow users are actually nice and Igrene has some pretty good bases and onerounds most wyverns on NM. She has more trouble onerounding on HM due to the Wyvern Lords having speed (as far as C21 goes) enough that a capped-speed Brave Lance Miledy can't quad (riders are still easy targets, though), but still does pretty awesome damage to them thanks to good base str+effective damage.

Of course you can always pull a dondon and go for Niime on a peak

No seriously there's a fuckload of wyverns everywhere in FE6 starting at like chapter 7. Isles and certain indoor maps are the only breaks from them. Bow users are actually nice and Igrene has some pretty good bases and onerounds most wyverns on NM. She has more trouble onerounding on HM due to the Wyvern Lords having speed (as far as C21 goes) enough that a capped-speed Brave Lance Miledy can't quad (riders are still easy targets, though), but still does pretty awesome damage to them thanks to good base str+effective damage.

Of course you can always pull a dondon and go for Niime on a peak

I like my 20/10 Clarine on a mountain with Aircalibur. I warped her halfway across the map with Niime and hordes of wyverns lay dead at her feet after EP. Good times.

I went for a 13/?? Clarine with Rutger and Dieck supports + Thunder. The amount of crits is hilarious and it gets her tome rank up like crazy. Think it went from high B or somewhere in A straight to S in C21 alone in like 3 turns since she's concretely squishiest of the three so they all target her and miss and got critted dead. Good times.

oh and ?? went up to 20 after that.